Jersey's Team vs Broadway's Hudson Rivalry Feb. 8 GDT

Derek21

Sat to close to the ice tonight because you could smell the stank of Gelinas and Hegelsen (sp) my god they have no business being out there. As somebody else mention the entire d group handled the puck like a grenade most of the night. They didn't work hard enough to draw penalties and at time were just flat out dominated I'm the d zone. Lundqvist never broke a sweat. Very disappointing effort. It is what it is when you still have this many non nhl players rolling every night. Cory kept this one close. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I just rant for a second?

How the fvck do they dare black this game out on NHL.tv because it's on the NHL Network?  A channel that NO ONE here in Allentown has because, shocker, the Flyers play on local channels.  

Cancelling this subscription tomorrow morning.  

How the fvck do they dare black this game out on NHL.tv because it's on the NHL Network?  A channel that NO ONE here in Allentown has because, shocker, the Flyers play on local channels.  

VPN to the rescue. Tonight I pretended to be in York, ON.

I'm not saying he isn't a Vezina candidate, I'm saying he has had periods of time where he lets up far too many soft goals.

I would give him the Vezina over Holtby, who has so much offense and defense. Schneider basically is by himself. He gave his team every chance. The goal he gave up to Miller was off a quick transition. Smart drop by Brassard and a quick shot by Miller. But without Cory, you guys are screwed. They'd probably be dead last. 

Bad team (outside the crease) has bad game.  Moore gets worse with every game it seems.  Helgeson got crushed again too.

I don't even think it's close who the worst guy out there was. Everyone wanted to blame Gelinas for the Klein goal, but he had to protect the low slot from the puck carrier because Helgeson is even more useless than he is. The guy always ends up in the wrong place and is far too slow to get himself back into position. I can't think of a slower player in the league right now than Helgeson. He's terrible.

I don't even think it's close who the worst guy out there was. Everyone wanted to blame Gelinas for the Klein goal, but he had to protect the low slot from the puck carrier because Helgeson is even more useless than he is. The guy always ends up in the wrong place and is far too slow to get himself back into position. I can't think of a slower player in the league right now than Helgeson. He's terrible.

Gelinas still should've protected that pass because he should've realized that he was covering nobody.  He has no instincts at all.

That was probably one of our worst performances this season. That we went into the 3rd only down 1-0 was a small miracle. Zajac set up a beautiful chance for Gionta to tie it at one point right on front of the net but he's Gionta so that wasn't happening. 

Stempniak was about 3/4" away from tying it in that last minute with that beautiful wrister that Lundqvist got a pad on. Shame.

But we didn't deserve the win. That's not the kind of win you want to get; win and think you can keep playing like that every night. You want to lose that game and not repeat ANY of those mistakes, don't let any of those bad habits continue. I'm sure Hynes said as much to them in the locker room.

Regardless, I'm grateful we got to see us beat the Rangers the way we did at home last week rather than vice versa, and have to deal with a game like last night's on our home ice, and get the win there.

Caught about half of this game on NHL Network which was a nice surprise, because originally I was watching it on my laptop. 

Disappointed in the lack of scoring, tonight, and the entire season really.  No one expected us to be in this position, but being that we are on the cusp, part of me wants Shero to be active at the deadline and pick up a player within the next week to help us try to get into a spot and maybe make a run.  Palmieri has been good and Henrique and Zajac have stepped up to a degree, and sure Stemp has been a surprise, unfortunately Cammo has been injured too often...but...outside of those few bright spots, our secondary scoring is weak, and because of it we're almost dead last in the league in goals.  Again. 

Schneider is giving us great goaltending every night, we really couldn't ask for too much better from him -- he needs support.  If we are able to possibly cling to a playoff berth like we are now while being dead last in the league in goals for, imagine where we could be if we had one more legitimate 1st or 2nd line scorer.  Even if he has to be a rental player, I think it might be worth it.  Just not sure what we'd give up besides draft picks.

All NHL Network games are blacked out on nhl.tv, center ice, etc.  It is considered a national game just like if it is on NBCS.  I cut the cord over a year ago, was using hockeystreams, but a few weeks ago switched to another morally questionable service.  Saturday's Rangers-Flyers game was also on NHL Network, so not on Center Ice.   You probably won't be able to cancel your subscription, because it is in the terms and services.