Brett Favre traded to the Jets

DaneykoIsGod

:P that didn't take long. I can see the Jets jerseys of Favre selling through the roof now. Gang Green all over the place with their #4 Favre Jets jerseys.

They were showing a guy at the mets game who taped 4 and favre over a vilma jersey.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7: The Jets moved to a 3-4 when they didn't have the personnel to run it, and they've squandered both Vilma and Robertson as a result. Gholston doesn't really make sense in a 3-4 either from what I've heard.

4-12 wasn't expected, but I can't think that 10-6 is expected this year either. There's a lot of new components to plug in.

7: The Jets moved to a 3-4 when they didn't have the personnel to run it, and they've squandered both Vilma and Robertson as a result. Gholston doesn't really make sense in a 3-4 either from what I've heard.

4-12 wasn't expected, but I can't think that 10-6 is expected this year either. There's a lot of new components to plug in.

I've heard that alot, but Vilma was coming off a major injury and may never be the player he was earlier in his career. Robertson is undersized and suffers from a bone on bone condition in his knee.

The one thing the Jets have is a good secondary, what's the ideal front 7 for that, 3-4 or 4-3? :noclue:

To little surprise, the guy who was running the show in New York when Chad Pennington was drafted is now interested in bringing Pennington to his current place of employment.

Per the Palm Beach Post, the Dolphins and V.P. of football operations Bill Parcells have reached out to Pennington

Wow, what a major pick-up for Parcells if he can do it.

Pennington would make Miami a playoff team.

When, five years from now? They were 1-15 last season and traded their best player because of an ego conflict. They still don't have much in the way of receivers or an o-line. And every other team in the division is miles better than Miami, Buffalo and the Jets have improved since last season and New England's still the Evil Empire.

Why would he even go there when he could go to Minnesota and perhaps make them a Super Bowl contender? Just because of Parcells? He might as well go to KC with Herm then, they're a better team than the Fins at this point in time too.

Edited by Hasan4978

When, five years from now? They were 1-15 last season and traded their best player because of an ego conflict. They still don't have much in the way of receivers or an o-line. And every other team in the division is miles better than Miami, Buffalo and the Jets have improved since last season and New England's still the Evil Empire.

Why would he even go there when he could go to Minnesota and perhaps make them a Super Bowl contender? Just because of Parcells? He might as well go to KC with Herm then, they're a better team than the Fins at this point in time too.

Between Williams and Brown Miami will probably be in the top 3 teams in rushing and IF Chad plays there will probably be able to manage the game quite well and surprise alot of people.

then again pennington isn't a very good QB at this point.

Hmm. It was only 2 years ago he had the top passer rating in the NFL, was comeback player of the year and lead a Pop Warner team into the playoffs at 10-6.

I have talking to some of my friends who are season ticket holders and die-hard Jets fans and they HATE the acquisition of Favre. They are hoping Chad lands in Minny and potentially the Superbowl.

brown is coming off a torn ACL and the line isn't that good

2 years ago his shoulder was healthy-ish. as i said the jets were very lucky to make the playoffs in 2006. and passer rating is a terrible statistic. pennington can't throw the ball on even mid-range routes, he is tremendously accurate, but that is just too large a gap to overcome. he's a worse than average starting QB at this point. putting him on the vikings with bernard berrian is like putting paul coffey on the devils.

your friends need to get out of the past. the jets couldn't even wrangle a trade for pennington. he's almost shot.

Edited by Triumph

brown is coming off a torn ACL and the line isn't that good

2 years ago his shoulder was healthy-ish. as i said the jets were very lucky to make the playoffs in 2006. and passer rating is a terrible statistic. pennington can't throw the ball on even mid-range routes, he is tremendously accurate, but that is just too large a gap to overcome. he's a worse than average starting QB at this point. putting him on the vikings with bernard berrian is like putting paul coffey on the devils.

your friends need to get out of the past. the jets couldn't even wrangle a trade for pennington. he's almost shot.

Everybody knew he was going to be released so why waste a pick for him when you could sign him for nothing tommorow?

i hate football...

i hate espn...

i'm posting in a football thread...

i just watched a segment on espn...

the jets won on this big time.

Favre is still a great quarterback, and he is money in the bank for their organization.

Got an email earlier today from Modell's Sporting Good's to purchase a Jets Brett Favre jersey. LOL! They are out already in the stores.

Option #2 is for Jet fans to dust off their old #4 Foley jerseys and just replace the "oley" with "avre". Seems cost-effective.

Plus, Brett tried to retire twice already from the team that he loved. Would it surprise anyone if he upped and walked away if things aren't going well by midway through this season?

No, it would not.

I'm still excited about the move though. Brett's not blocking anybody's progress IMO, because I think that Kellen Clemens will never be the answer.

The Jets need this trade after a Giants Super Bowl win to get the fans back into the fold.

This sentiment irritates me because I don't think it's true. The Jets have plenty of fans and their games are widely watched. The move gets them on the back page of tabloids and generates excitement, but this move was made primarily for football reasons IMO.

I have talking to some of my friends who are season ticket holders and die-hard Jets fans and they HATE the acquisition of Favre. They are hoping Chad lands in Minny and potentially the Superbowl.

I don't think you're talking to enough Jet fans. I like Chad and his competitiveness, too, but this is a no-brainer. There's a lot of hype with this move that is easy to get caught up in, but it's still a good football move. Screw rebuilding and screw giving Kellen Clemens a chance to develop. By the time Clemens gets it, all our other players in the their primes now will be too old.

By the way, can I assume your buddies weren't among the morons cheering when Pennington got hurt in a game last season?

Between Williams and Brown Miami will probably be in the top 3 teams in rushing and IF Chad plays there will probably be able to manage the game quite well and surprise alot of people.

Pennington would be an upgrade over Josh McCown, that's for sure- and he's a better place-holder for one year than McCown could be until Henne is ready to start. Bottom line- we have NO recievers, the o-line is still shaky and while our front 7 isn't bad the secondary is a major question mark. We're re-building- we're a very young team that is a couple of years away. I'm sure Pennington knows this, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind getting two cracks at the Jets this year.

No, it would not.

I'm still excited about the move though. Brett's not blocking anybody's progress IMO, because I think that Kellen Clemens will never be the answer.

I'm a Brett fan, so even though I'm leery about it, I'm also excited to see what happens. I hope it works out.