Frank J. Selke Trophy:

Jere Lehtinen

John Madden

Wes Walz

Vezina Trophy

Ed Belfour

Martin Brodeur

Marty Turco

The Selke should just come down to between Lehtinen and Madden. I feel Lehtinen will get it over Madden. :(

The Vezina: Turco even with the games missed still made the Finalist list. This will be a challange to Brodeur walking away with his first Vezina. Turco is this years flash in the pan. Still, I'd love for Brodeur to win it...FINALLY.

The Hart: Brodeur, I feel, won't even be winning this award. Captain Dive will likely have it handed to him. :puke:

I think these stats are right but any way doesnt look good for Marty, I was unaware that Turco's stats were so good. 1st in Save percentage and GAA.

Marty

GAA 4th 2.02

SAV% 14th .914

SO 1st 9

W 1st 41

73 games played

Belfour

GAA 10th 2.26

SAV% 5th .922

SO 5th 7

W 3rd 37

62 games played

Turco

Marty

GAA 1st 1.72

SAV% 1st .932

SO 5th 7

W 10th 31

55 games played

No way should Turco be nominated. I've got a bad feeling about this. Is this year Theodore part 2? I feel very strongly that one great year should not get you a Vezina. Also Ed got it 3 times already and his numbers weren't great. Sure Toronto has a weak D, but a team with a weak O also requires excellent goaltending. Marty stole many games for the Devs, obviously more than Eddie stole, just look at the standings.

If Marty doesn't win it finally, it certainly diminishes the award.

Marty Turco CANNOT win the Vezina trophy. Throw stats out the window, he plays on the most talented team in the NHL. Plus what about all those years Marty had the best stats and didn't win because of Hasek?

It will be highway robbery and a disgrace to the leagues name if Brodeur doesn't win it this year.

Considering Turco played almost 20 fewer games than OUR Marty, I don't think it's fair if he ends up winning the Vezina. Hell, Belfruit might win just based on the fact that he has CRAPPY defense compared to the other 2 teams (although he too played fewer games than Brodeur).

I thought the year Brodeur got robbed of the Vezina, Hasek had more shut outs than he did so maybe that will be a determining factor too. Who knows. :rolleyes:

I agree that the King Diver will get the Hart. Would be nice to see Lemaire get the Adams. Our Marty, well we all want him to get it and I also agree that the number of games and the team in front of you has a lot to do with it. Lidstrom will get the Norris AGAIN. Would be nice to see the Byng go to AlMo and not Modano :puke:

I think they had to add Turco in there. Because of the way he played when he was IN goal. You can't deny that, but I agree that he shouldn't win it because of the time he was injuried. He has years to win it and I want Marty B to win it this year. I also would really like Lehtien to win. I have become a big fan of Madden but I just feel that Lehts is amazing so I am a little bias with him. Lehts makes everyone around him so much better. He has chemistry with just about everyone and is a great all around player. I also think that Babcock should have been in the finalist group. I don't know if I would want him to win it but his name should be there. I was real upset not to see Niko Kapanen from Dallas in the rookies group but that's what you get when you don't score tons of goals.

`Mogilny for lady bing? Are you kidding me? Just because he's such a softy (as all leafs are ;) ) you shouldn't forget he *peeep*ed the wife of Shayne Corson reportedly...thats definitely not gentlemanlike and should be considered a reason against him.

I still think if Brodeur doesn't fall into any deep mistakes for the rest of the playoffs, he'll be the winner of the Vezina.

BTW: I think Turco deserves that nomination, for it would have been hard to explain why to ignore such stats...some of the best in recent years - and it doesn't matter if the team in front of you is so strong. If that was a decisive point, goalies on strong teams would never get a Vezina and Roy would have never got one either. 50 games is enough to prove quality goaltending and he really amazed at times, so give that Turco guy a chance. Belfour deserves to win, but Turco is a decent nomination. I'd rather argue about Belfour.... :blink: he's surprised everybody, that's true and he supported the Leafs reaching the playoffs, but nonetheless there were others truly to be named differencemakers on their teams, such as Lalime, even Giguere, Roloson/Fernandez....

Lalime is not nominated because of his funny goaliemask...nobody respects such a goaliemask, I tell you ;):D

Marty has the Vezina in his bag. Belfour doesn't have better numbers than Marty except for Sv% I believe and played less games.

Turco shouldn't even be CONSIDERED with only 55 games played, that's saying to the world that Lalime sucks and he doesn't.

I have a feeling Marty will not win the Hart however just cause he plays for the New Jersey Devils and Forsberg plays for the Colorado Avalanche.

Madden should get that Selke but I doubt he will get that as well cause the NHL loves to screw good players over.

Marty has the Vezina in his bag. Belfour doesn't have better numbers than Marty except for Sv% I believe and played less games.

Turco shouldn't even be CONSIDERED with only 55 games played, that's saying to the world that Lalime sucks and he doesn't.

I have a feeling Marty will not win the Hart however just cause he plays for the New Jersey Devils and Forsberg plays for the Colorado Avalanche.

Madden should get that Selke but I doubt he will get that as well cause the NHL loves to screw good players over.

Putting down other candidates as if they aren't worthy. Belfour had to stand on his head routinely for his team to win. Brodeur was more valuable to his team's chances every night. I'd give Marty the Hart and Belfour the Vezina.

As for Madden and Lehtinen, that's a toss-up. Is Lehtinen not good?

It's not like the other candidates are chopped liver NJay. Be fair.