Off season Prediction

caron14

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you want to buy out tallinder, or even barch hes the perfect goon and thats all hes good for use him when we play teams we need that type of player for example-Philly. I can think of others I'd much rather see bought out..volch cough cough hedberg

Why would you want to buy out tallinder, or even barch hes the perfect goon and thats all hes good for use him when we play teams we need that type of player for example-Philly. I can think of others I'd much rather see bought out..volch cough cough hedberg

i agree with that buying Barch out wouldn't make much sense because he doesn't have a big contract; hence, not saving us much money.

HOWEVER, in no way is Barch a "perfect" goon. Simply because he can't fight. I haven't honestly seen one fight in our uni where I haven't been embarrassed for him. We know he can't score and if he can't fight, why can't someone else replace him?

The buyout almost has to be Volch or Sal. I would way rather see Volch stay but I'm putting money that it's either one of then or Hedberg

• 2 weeks later...

1: Sean Monahan

2 Elias, Clarkson, Zidlicky, D'Agostini, Loktionov *it IS fun to type his name!*

3: Jaromir Jagr, Bobby Ryan, or Nathan Horton

4. Johan Hedberg

1: Sean Monahan

2 Elias, Clarkson, Zidlicky, D'Agostini, Loktionov *it IS fun to type his name!*

3: Jaromir Jagr, Bobby Ryan, or Nathan Horton

4. Johan Hedberg

I agree and I have been a huge proponent of Ryan- but how do you suggest we get him? I think he's restricted until next year

we trade for him. give up next years first round draft choice (therefore forfeiting it), Peter Harrold, and D'Agostini.

we trade for him. give up next years first round draft choice (therefore forfeiting it), Peter Harrold, and D'Agostini.

I don't think we can do that. Forfeiting the draft pick = not being able to trade it, it pretty much vanishes. Then on top of that, Harrold and D'Agostini aren't too attractive as trade pieces from Anaheim's perspective.

I don't think we can do that. Forfeiting the draft pick = not being able to trade it, it pretty much vanishes. Then on top of that, Harrold and D'Agostini aren't too attractive as trade pieces from Anaheim's perspective.

I am just about 100% sure you are right about that.  Next year's first round will essentially be a 29-pick round.  If we trade that pick then it will basically have value to it and negates any punishment that ruling was supposed cause to the Devils.

Plus Harrold is a ufa and d'ags is an rfa. They literally have no trade value.

1. i would like sean monahan at no.9, but conte likes swedes since a few years...so it will be lindholm

2. elias, clarkson (if we don't we have a BIG hole at rw), harrold

3. derek roy (he's a buddy and former linemate of vanek and has played for deboer in kitchener) just to convince vanek to come to nj

4. no one, even for sal or volch we can get a 7th round draft pick :giggle:

Edited by D88

1. i would like sean monahan at no.9, but conte likes swedes since a few years...so it will be lindholm

2. elias, clarkson (if we don't we have a BIG hole at rw), harrold

3. derek roy (he's a buddy and former linemate of vanek and has played for deboer in kitchener) just to convince vanek to come to nj

4. no one, even for sal or volch we can get a 7th round draft pick :giggle:

Thing is the Swedes he has been drafting lately haven't really turned out into anyone significant.  Swedes are usually a safe bet but they have been poison to Conte lately.

I'm started to think Swedes have no cajones.  They internalize too much.  I think it's a national trait, not being able to identify the constructive path out for your frustrations.  There are of course the occasional outliers - but it's not something you can bank on by any stretch of the imagination.  They're good to create a grounding force it seems... but they just can't get it done. Just think of all the wasted talent you've seen - think of how often the Swedes should have won - not how many times they HAVE.  Think of how many times Alfreddson choked, Sundin.  The biggest problem is they're so close you can always be duped into thinking they're about to break out... is it worth it though?  You need some nasty Canadians or some happy-go-lucky Americans - their hard work seems to pay off.  The Swedes hard work more often than not just exhausts and drags down come the end of the road.  It's just very confusing to manage - this so close and yet so far thing. 

Edited by Pepperkorn

Thing is the Swedes he has been drafting lately haven't really turned out into anyone significant.  Swedes are usually a safe bet but they have been poison to Conte lately.

excedpt adam larsson

Thing is the Swedes he has been drafting lately haven't really turned out into anyone significant. Swedes are usually a safe bet but they have been poison to Conte lately.

Tedenby was a bad pick from the start.

Josefson is capable of handling tough minutes at 22 years old. That's pretty rare. The offense may never come, but I don't see why he can't be a 35 pt 3rd line center

Sky is the limit for Larsson

Tedenby was a bad pick from the start.

Josefson is capable of handling tough minutes at 22 years old. That's pretty rare. The offense may never come, but I don't see why he can't be a 35 pt 3rd line center

Sky is the limit for Larsson

I can't see the name 'Tedenby' without seeing the name 'Carlson' in my head... Just a terrible decision