Brodeur out 3-4 Months

jkrdevil

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*points to guy who should be perma-banned by now* :whistling:

For? Predicting the truth?

I swear things get funnier by the minute on this board. Probably because everyone is about to slit their wrists and its PANIC time.. omfg world is ending.

Edited by nmigliore

in that TG update, you have to hope marty is being honest in that he can start a rehab in 8 weeks. if that's true, perhaps it will only take another 3-4 weeks after and we can actually think about seeing him in February. Lets say that's 40 games. if the devils can do something like 18-15-7 - get 42 points or so and have 56 points with 25+ games of Marty to get another 30-35 out of 50 points, i think they'll be in prime playoff territory.

let's hope.

Edited by sundstrom

This stinks like nothing that has stunk before.

Relax man, just trying to find some amusement in an otherwise sh!tty situation.

Eh sorry i didnt know if u being serious or not.. some people have brought it up and its kind of annoying if they take it serious..

I guess ive become the 'Bartman' of the Devils :D

in that TG update, you have to hope marty is being honest in that he can start a rehab in 8 weeks. if that's true, perhaps it will only take another 3-4 weeks after and we can actually think about seeing him in February. Lets say that's 40 games. if the devils can do something like 18-15-7 - get 42 points or so and have 56 points with 25+ games of Marty to get another 30-35 out of 50 points, i think they'll be in prime playoff territory.

let's hope.

Man I would be so happy if he came back in late February, early March. They are playing the Canes on March 18th and we have a luxury suite reserved. It is 2 days before my anniversary. That would be a Happy Anniversary to me gift!

let's hope.

The way Brodeur was talking to TG is that he is up beat and confident that he will be back sometime in February - early March. maybe sooner depending on how the surgery goes and if Brodeur is a fast healer. The rehab is what makes this time table unknown. Hopefully it will be a quick rehab and the Devils are still in the hunt for the division and a playoff spot in the EC. All the best to Brodeur right now come Thursday morning, the first step back to recovery.

So I guess I'll have to drink heavily for the next few months..

meh, he'll be back for playoffs

I set myself up for that, I could see that response as I was typing....lol!

I just got home so I'm late in the thread and too lazy to read all 8 pages. Of course, this sucks big time, but at least he is projected to come back before the end of the year. If this injury happened a couple of months from now we would've been screwed. I'm confident Weekes can hold down the fort till Brodeur comes back.

This news topped of a completely $hit day for me.

For the last 3 drafts i have been saying the Devils should draft a decent goalie prospect, just in case and to developed long term, and nothing, now Marty is down, we need a backup for the backup, and all we have is Clemmer NOT GOOD!!!

The only real prospect we have is Frazee, and he is going to take some major work to even get him to AHL standard after his confidence was destroyed in the NCAA.

This problem should have been addressed in the past two drafts with at least one selection of a Goaltender in any Round just so we had some depth, but nothing was done and now our depth chart for the ENTIRE ORGANISATION is:

Matrin Brodeur 36

Kevin Weekes 31

Scott Clemmensen 33

Dave Caruso 23

Jeff Frazee 22

Jason Smith 23

The fact brodeur is at the top, mean's there wouldnt have been much of an emphasis on drafting goalies in the mid stage of Martys career (although we did) but at this stage is seems sensible to take a few more goalies to stock the team for exactly this sort of situation.

This is one thing that has really bugged me across the last 3 drafts :angry:

Clemmensen would be just as good as a prospect. Look, Clemmensen obviously isn't an NHL-quality goaltender, but he's pretty close to it - he's got to be one of the best veteran AHL goalies, for sure. Even if the Devils had drafted a goalie in the last 3 years, Clemmensen would be the one on the roster, not that new goalie - goalie prospects take longer than that to develop. Since Lou has not at all hesitated about taking goalies in the 1st round in the past even with Brodeur in the stable, it's clear that he hasn't thought highly enough of the goalies in these drafts to get one.

Edited by Triumph

I'll be honest, I am concerned with the team's inability to get over the shock effect of knowing Brodeur is not back there.

I think the problem could only get worse if the losses pile up early on and Weekes is inconsistent or worse, ineffective.

Edited by coldply123