Devils in contract talks with Parise

Maddog

Just wondering opion on is Lou going to use a promise of Captancy as part of negotiation or do you think this is done only by the coach (whoever that turns out to be).

I personally think Lou has a big say on who wears the C I also think as far as money goes I don't think it will effect what Zach expects $ wise, but it is a huge incentive to know you are going to be capt. of a team long term.

Others thoughts?

Just wondering opion on is Lou going to use a promise of Captancy as part of negotiation or do you think this is done only by the coach (whoever that turns out to be).

I personally think Lou has a big say on who wears the C I also think as far as money goes I don't think it will effect what Zach expects $ wise, but it is a huge incentive to know you are going to be capt. of a team long term.

Others thoughts?

Don't think it matters.

a$$hole Єklund (2.3% accurate) stirring the proverbial sh!t pot, saying Parise's time in NJ is dead

usually I'll let everyone else rip on him, tear his "rumors" apart, and once in a while I'll try to justify them, but this freaking pissed me off to no end.

Without a doubt, I think the Devs keep Parise this year.

I cant see the Devs walking away from anything ruling unless its completely ridiculous... I believe they will come to a 6-8yr deal in the end though before the hearing.

Apparently Nashville filed for arbitration too, with Shea Weber. For both teams it's merely to prevent offer sheets from coming in. Now that both Lou and Parise's camp are talking, I'm not worried about a deal getting done.

This is what it is....two players a team doesnt want anyone else messing with, and buying a little more time to do the right thing...Weber and Parise will be with their respective teams with new contracts when the puck drops in October...I guarantee it

I cant see the Devs walking away from anything ruling unless its completely ridiculous...

Because the devils filed a team elected arbitration, the rules dictate that they cannot walk away from the ruling even if they wanted to (which would make no sense because Parise would become a UFA).

This basically guarentees Parise will be on the Devils for this upcoming season. The only question that remains is whether or not he will be here beyond next season.