Predict the standings

mouse

Since the offseason has reached the boring point, and I just want hockey to start again, let's do some predictions.

East

wsh

pit

bos (win division, though I could see Devils Flyers or Lightning end up with more points)

njd

phi

tam

mon

tor

buf

car

nyr

nyi

win

fla

ott

West

sjs

van

det

lak

chi

nsh

dal

ana

stl

pho

cal

min

cbj

col

edm

Couldn't give two sh!ts about predicting the West to be honest, don't follow it closely enough:

(Warning: Personal bias evident in several selections)

East

~Top 8

1. Washington

-At least, they SHOULD be here with finally having acquired a solid #1

2. Tampa

-I like this team next year, could do big things

3. NJ

-BAM, homer glasses

4. Buffalo

-Surprise #1

5. Boston

-Stanley Cup hangover early on, book it

6. Pittsburgh

-Struggle with/without injured Crosby

7. Filthadelphia

-Also struggle responding to roster shakeup

8. NYI

-Yep, NYI ahead of the Rangers & Montreal

~9~12

9. Montreal

-Pencil them in at 7th-8th if Price turns on God mode again. Otherwise...

10. NYR

-Because signing the best free-agent does not guarantee you a playoff berth. (YES I'M AWARE OF THE IRONY OF THIS STATEMENT :lol:

11. Carolina

-Meh

12. Toronto

-Continue annual suck-age

~Bottom 3 (in no particular order)

Winnipeg

Florida

Ottawa

Edited by Devilsfan118

Eh, why not:

East

1. Washington

2. Pittsburgh

3. Boston

4. Tampa Bay

5. New Jersey

6. Montreal

7. Philadelphia

8. Buffalo

9. New York Rangers

10. Carolina

11. New York Islanders

12. Florida

13. Toronto

14. Ottawa

15. Winnipeg

and the West

1. Chicago

2. San Jose

3. Vancouver

4. Detroit

5. Los Angeles

6. Columbus

7. St. Louis

8. Calgary

9. Nashville

10. Anaheim

11. Colorado

12. Edmonton

13. Phoenix

14. Minnesota

15. Dallas

1. WSH- Will still be a strong team, addition of Vokoun makes them a stronger team, Core players(Ovie,Back,Semin,Green) must perform

2. PIT- Ditto, with the uncertainty of NJ lineup with another coach, coupled with Phillys roster shakeup, they take division

3. BUF- They just need a great (not just good) season from Miller, and that's not too far-fetched. Strong defense this year

4. TB- Strong team last year, same core players, Roloson's age makes goaltending a question mark for them I think.

5. BOS- Same team in Boston for the most part, same coach, same style, should be a contender.

6. NJD- NJ is really a team that can end up anywhere in the standings, could be a top team or a bubble team, but I do NOT think we will be at the bottom of the standings this year again.

7. PHI- Will be a bubble team, Pronger is slow and old and will be captain, but shakeup will hurt more than it helps

8. NYR- With Gaborik and Richards, there's no excuse for the rags not to make playoffs. Must deal with young defense

On the bubble

Winnipeg- Never count this team fully out. Decent roster, just need to put everything together.

Montreal- Will struggle to score again.

Carolina- Someone on team will have to have season of his career (Staal,Skinner,Ward etc.)

Edited by RizzMB30

1. WSH- Will still be a strong team, addition of Vokoun makes them a stronger team, Core players(Ovie,Back,Semin,Green) must perform

2. PIT- Ditto, with the uncertainty of NJ lineup with another coach, coupled with Phillys roster shakeup, they take division

3. BUF- They just need a great (not just good) season from Miller, and that's not too far-fetched. Strong defense this year

4. TB- Strong team last year, same core players, Roloson's age makes goaltending a question mark for them I think.

5. BOS- Same team in Boston for the most part, same coach, same style, should be a contender.

6. NJD- NJ is really a team that can end up anywhere in the standings, could be a top team or a bubble team, but I do NOT think we will be at the bottom of the standings this year again.

7. PHI- Will be a bubble team, Pronger is slow and old and will be captain, but shakeup will hurt more than it helps

8. NYR- With Gaborik and Richards, there's no excuse for the rags not to make playoffs. Must deal with young defense

On the bubble

Winnipeg- Never count this team fully out. Decent roster, just need to put everything together.

Montreal- Will struggle to score again.

Carolina- Someone on team will have to have season of his career (Staal,Skinner,Ward etc.)

With PITT you have to be concerned about Crosby who I would imagine will not play more than 40 games this year.

Don't overrate Tampa.

Philly has too much depth too many quality players to be a "bubble" team with or without Pronger.

With a rabid fan base and a young competitive team with Pavlec healthy they will make the playoffs.

Edited by MantaRay

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

I think we could surpass Pitt this year, but who knows. We could end up any were. I say WSH ND or Tampa for the first 2 spots

With PITT you have to be concerned about Crosby who I would imagine will not play more than 40 games this year.

Don't overrate Tampa.

Philly has too much depth too many quality players to be a "bubble" team with or without Pronger.

With a rabid fan base and a young competitive team with Pavlec healthy they will make the playoffs.

YES SIR

toronto was horrible last year and burke has done almost nothing to change that so far - reimer will have to be amazing for toronto to finish 8th.

Horrible, yet still finished higher than our Devils. Not saying they will be a force, but most times with a young building team, its better to let the dust settle and just tweek it enough. With Reimer full-time, Liles, Connelly, they probably have enough pieces to make 8th.

East:

1. Penguins

2. Capitals

3. Sabres

4. Bruins

4. Flyers

6. Lightning

7. Devils

8. Rangers

9. Canadiens

10. Panthers

11. Hurricanes

12. Maple Leafs

13. Jets

14. Islanders

15. Senators

West:

1. Blackhawks

2. Canucks

3. Sharks

4. Red Wings

5. Kings

6. Predators

7. Ducks

8. Blues

9. Flames

10. Coyotes

11. Wild

12. Avalanche

13. Stars

14. Blue Jackets

15. Oilers

East:

1. Devils :koolaid:

2. Capitals

3. Bruins

4. Sabres

5. Penguins

6. Flyers

7. Rangers

8. Lightning

9. Canadiens

10. Maple Leafs

11. Panthers

12. Islanders

13. Hurricanes

14. Jets

15. Senators

West:

1. Sharks

2. Blackhawks

3. Canucks

4. Red Wings

5. Kings

6. Ducks

7. Predators

8. Blue Jackets

9. Blues

10. Coyotes

11. Avalanche

12. Oilers

13. Wild

14. Stars

15. Flames

Edited by justdo3043

I think Winnipeg and Florida (AKA "Chicago South") have tremendous upside this season and could be in the 6-8 spots. The Devils... Best case scenario... 7th and worst... 14th. I expect the poor Islanders to still be tanker.

I don't buy that worst case scenario -- last year everything went wrong and we still weren't THAT bad. DeBoer's not gonna be as bad as Maclean, Parise should be healthy, Kovy looks more comfortable in the system than this time last year, the shooting percentages shouldn't be freakishly low 2 years in a row, the kid forwards are better, we don't have a cap disaster and the clubhouse is in better shape without Langs. Marty may or may not stay healthy, but the Moose inspires confidence. While our d is young, it's the most talented it's been in years. I think this team will need time to gel (more difficult now that Zajac's hurt), but I don't see them missing the playoffs.