Single Game Pricing

njdevil26

Any sneak peeks or previews of what bars you are looking into?

Well I set up the South Jersey one, which will be at Recovery Sports Grill http://www.recoverysportsgrill.com/ on November 19th

Morris will be at Miami Mike's on Rt. 10 in East Hanover http://www.miamimikes.com/

And I heard the one in Middlesex will be at this good pizzaria that also serves a lot of good beers.. The name is escaping me right now

Edited by Colin226

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I set up the South Jersey one, which will be at Recovery Sports Grill http://www.recoverysportsgrill.com/ on November 19th

Morris will be at Miami Mike's on Rt. 10 in East Hanover http://www.miamimikes.com/

And I heard the one in Middlesex will be at this good pizzaria that also serves a lot of good beers.. The name is escaping me right now

Sounds good and thanks!

PS: Please tell Miami Mike that if he charges for a pint of beer, please actually give us a pint's worth of beer and not those under-sized cups.

Sounds good and thanks!

PS: Please tell Miami Mike that if he charges for a pint of beer, please actually give us a pint's worth of beer and not those under-sized cups.

Believe me, I'm not happy with Mike either.. One of his waitresses was being rude and then charged my credit card a second time after I had left the restaurant.. I'm pretty sure I got her fired, but still feeling iffy about going back there

I will say that the south jersey one is a little far (about 85 mins from Newark) but it's right off exit 5 on the Turnpike, and it's probably the coolest sports bar I've ever been to.. The food was amazing as well and the beer was very inexpensive

We are working to have drink specials at every party this year :cheers:

It's looking like 1 or 2 per month through December.. And we are hitting all the major fan hotspots like Hoboken, Bergen, Essex, Morris, South Jersey (as 1 big party encompassing Mercer, Burlington, Ocean, and Camden), Monmouth, Rutgers University, and I think a few more

We're just finalizing dates with the bars in these areas to make sure they can accomodate us.. Any other questions while I'm in the Devils office?

How is Ocean county lumped into those South Jersey counties? Ocean should be lumped with Monmouth if anything. Ocean did well in that poll from what i remember and isn't a south jersey area like the " philly suburb counties "

How is Ocean county lumped into those South Jersey counties? Ocean should be lumped with Monmouth if anything. Ocean did well in that poll from what i remember and isn't a south jersey area like the " philly suburb counties "

The lovely fans of Ocean may go to any party they'd like.. The south jersey party is mainly for the Philly suburb counties, but if someone from Ocean wants to come then they are more then welcome.. The Monmouth one is definitely more ideal for most people in Ocean, but I wanted to market the party I'm overseeing to as many fans as possible :giggle:

The lovely fans of Ocean may go to any party they'd like.. The south jersey party is mainly for the Philly suburb counties, but if someone from Ocean wants to come then they are more then welcome.. The Monmouth one is definitely more ideal for most people in Ocean, but I wanted to market the party I'm overseeing to as many fans as possible :giggle:

Sounds good, but I think the point I was trying to make and didn't properly explain was that Ocean County should have its own! Brick, Point and Tomes River alone have more than enough Devils fans to support it.

Sounds good, but I think the point I was trying to make and didn't properly explain was that Ocean County should have its own! Brick, Point and Tomes River alone have more than enough Devils fans to support it.

Suggest a bar and I'll do my best to see that we have a party there in the 2nd half of the season (first half is pretty booked).. The bar must get Devils games (via Center Ice or MSG) and have a good atmosphere with space to accommodate 50 to 70 people.. I know some fans in Ocean so I'd be happy to try and get one down there

Suggest a bar and I'll do my best to see that we have a party there in the 2nd half of the season (first half is pretty booked).. The bar must get Devils games (via Center Ice or MSG) and have a good atmosphere with space to accommodate 50 to 70 people.. I know some fans in Ocean so I'd be happy to try and get one down there

Hmm places near me (Somerset County) are either dives (Clubhouse in Somerville), too commercial and will have to compete with other sports (Buffalo Wild Wings) or just does not have enough TV's (McCarthy's in Bridgewater). The rest I can think of would be too small too. I am assuming that one will be in Morristown too or is Miami Mike's the Morris County location?

Hmm places near me (Somerset County) are either dives (Clubhouse in Somerville), too commercial and will have to compete with other sports (Buffalo Wild Wings) or just does not have enough TV's (McCarthy's in Bridgewater). The rest I can think of would be too small too. I am assuming that one will be in Morristown too or is Miami Mike's the Morris County location?

I think Miami Mike's is the Morris county viewing party this year since we seem to be building a relationship with that place, but if there is a cool place in Morristown that you know of, it's worth looking into for sure

I think Miami Mike's is the Morris county viewing party this year since we seem to be building a relationship with that place, but if there is a cool place in Morristown that you know of, it's worth looking into for sure

Well there are the usual suspects like Grasshopper or Frog. The rest tend to be either too small or not really for the sports crowd.

Wish these could happen at a Brewpub too, but they are either too small, too far, don't get the Devils, or not sports-oriented in the least bit.

The Ark in Point, The Spot in Point ( new sports bar ), The Brickwall in Brick, Tommy's Coal Oven Pizza in Brick ( another new one thats a sports bar )

All bars here have MSG! There's a popular sports bar on rt 37 in Toms River but I don't know the name.

Im stuck in Camden County so I'm really looking forward to this. The closest bar I knew that had Devils games was Chickie & Petes in Bordentown so this is a lot closer for me. I'll have a small group there that day. Colin can you start a thread for viewing partys so we can discuss it there instead of taking over this thread?

Wow.... :wub:

And to think I was on the fence about the Season Tickets at $22 because I never got the full passion back.....this is a massive win for the loyal customers....and you know what....maybe NOW you won't see 50% Ranger Fans in the arena because they're not buying our tickets to see their team at half price, this too is a good thing.... throw me into the same hat with Colin, I will be selling tickets (Sun.-Wed, games for sure) since I have hockey leagues that conflict.....as long as I know you're good for the money...ask away!!

F Miami Mike's - get it at the Famished Frog in Morristown so that people don't have to drive!

The bar there has like 12 TV's in it, it's always packed for football.

Another option would be Tiffany's in Morris Plains, they also have a great environment for sports, plus a sports connection since it's part owned by Tony Siragusa

Edited by Exit56

As long as I can still get tickets in the $10 ticket line, I'm fine, but I sure as sh!t can't afford $20+ for each game. I'm broke as broke can be right now, so even just a few dollars more each game is gonna hurt. I just didn't expect this kind of change after the worst season in almost 20 years. I used to take the train a lot and if I were to do that now, it's gonna cost me almost $50 for one game if I buy tix ahead of time.

As long as I can still get tickets in the $10 ticket line, I'm fine, but I sure as sh!t can't afford $20+ for each game. I'm broke as broke can be right now, so even just a few dollars more each game is gonna hurt. I just didn't expect this kind of change after the worst season in almost 20 years. I used to take the train a lot and if I were to do that now, it's gonna cost me almost $50 for one game if I buy tix ahead of time.

The team actually had only 3 fewer sellouts than the season before (when Kovy came and we took the division) and now over 1,700 new STHs.. I'm guessing that if we play well this season, we will see a great year attendance wise

As for you, find a STH to buy you brown section seats to the 30th Anniversary games.. They're only $11 (if a STH buys them for you)

i have to throw my 2 cents in here.

I am a STH and i have absolutely 0 issue with what the Devils are doing here.

The tiered structure is supply/demand.

only 10 games are premier and most of those games are the games fans want to go to the most. opening night, rags, retro etc...

since 1/2 the building is ranger fans for ranger games, they are basically paying higher prices.

Also, everyone complaining here needs to relax.

Cheapest ticket for a premier game is still only $35.

$35 doesn't even fill your gas tank now a days.

It's real simple. if you have extra money to go to games you go.

if not, make the responsible choice and watch on TV.

why this is a surprise that a sports team charges high prices is beyond me.

21 games you can get into the building for $27 and 10 games your in for $20.

Pretty much. Put me and my party of 7 people as well as a good 20 people behind us who were waiting in line since 2 PM out of luck when we should have gotten wristbands. However, all the douches who did the holding spot crap are mostly high-school and college age kids and security couldn't care less, especially the big tall guy there with aweful hair plugs.

A lot of people were pissed and the Devils kept saying it is not their responsibility yet we should tell the security guard who could give a sh!t less. Basically everyone was pointing fingers at everyone else. The Devils rep finally said I should have said something to the cutters so I asked him "you really want me to start something to a group of 10-30 high school/ college-age kids against me and I have no idea what they are carrying?" The rep had no reply.

I wrote a whole huge summary of what happened in that line that game and if you are interested I can look to find it and copy and paste it here.

Is waiting in line for 5 hours for a $10 ticket a valuable use of your time?

Even a $30-$50 ticket online is a better deal than standing in line for 5 hours?

you really did this??

i have to throw my 2 cents in here.

I am a STH and i have absolutely 0 issue with what the Devils are doing here.

The tiered structure is supply/demand.

only 10 games are premier and most of those games are the games fans want to go to the most. opening night, rags, retro etc...

since 1/2 the building is ranger fans for ranger games, they are basically paying higher prices.

The complaining comes from the fact that prices, generally speaking, have increased every single year since the move. Also, no offense but it's easy for someone who can afford to buy season tickets to say things like "everyone complaining needs to relax" and "if you don't have the money then watch on TV." Of course that is the responsible choice if you can't afford to go to a game, but do you really expect people to be happy about the fact that every year they can afford to go to less and less games?

Yeah but those prices are in the small brown section and you act like there are a boatload of brown tickets available. There really aren't, maybe a couple hundred (and they were the $10 tickets in the past) and a lot of those will probably be bought up during the sth presales. Supposedly there'll still be some $10 gameday tickets available although how, where and for who is still a question.

The more realistic 'cheapest' prices for single-game purchasers are $45-37-30 in the green section, although that's just through the Devils. The secondary market and limited discounts will no doubt provide cheaper for many of the games, as will friendly sth's willing to give them sth price.

Edited by NJDevs4978