OPERATION: FAILED

sheeps

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm talking about the first goal, not the second. White the big dufus played like crap today but overall Rafalski had to be the worst in the series.

The first goal? Don't even get me started on that one. Yes, it was horrible defensive play. But it took Marty ages to get up from that first save on that scoring chance.

At any rate, that second goal was the killer. Nieds made up for the first one. It's what went on after the Devs goal that ended the game.

There are other people on the team besides Marty, people. I think he's hurting, too, he was slow this series, to say the least. Think of all the games and series he's bailed us out, though.

Tend to your wounds and come back appreciative another time. It sucks and I'm mad, disappointed but we had a great year last year, it's not like it's been ages since they've won anything. They picked it up a good notch near the end of the season when it seemed they were barely scraping for 7th at one time.

The first goal? Don't even get me started on that one. Yes, it was horrible defensive play. But it took Marty ages to get up from that first save on that scoring chance.

At any rate, that second goal was the killer. Nieds made up for the first one. It's what went on after the Devs goal that ended the game.

ok you are nuts

1) Marty is a HOCKEY goalie, not soccer. that play was impossible for him to get back over to, while on his knees, on ICE. and he did get back over but had to dive, landing on his stomache. Goalies in hockey dont dive a whole lot. Thats again, soccer. So maybe if SOMEONE had been on him he wouldnt of scored.

2) About the nieds comment, i love nieds more than anyone (but the same as mcgina) but scoring a goal does not make up for mistakes. you still fvcked up and you still didnt play as good as you should of..

Edited by Nieda

I had to work today and was relying on my brother to give updates over the phone. When he called to tell me the Flyers had ,yet again, scored the first goal I just started doubting this was going to be a win. Brother called in the second more excited and told me the Devils had tied it. Then I got the bad news in the third 2-1, then 3-1 after the EN.

Philly beat us, the Devils didn't play particulary bad, the Flyers just had better depth this year. I am not upset because after seeing the 4th game I knew it was pretty much over for the Devils. This wasn't the 2000 Devils who could pretty much score in waves, no two scoring lines. No healthy Stevens laying crunching hits. And last, Marty just wasn't in steal a game form.

Now we turn our attention to the collective bargaining agreement and the entry draft.

Congrats to the Flyers fans for the series. I won't bid the Flyers well though, may they lose miserably in the next round.

Guys, I think we have to accept that we aren't the team we were in 2000. We have only I scoring line and our defense is in a transition, missing Stevens and Daneyko and waiting for Hale and Martin to develop. You can pin this on Marty all you want, but IMO we stole the cup last year and it has caught up to us this year. No biggie, we still have the bast goalie in the world, and we have a great core of young talent, not to mention plenty of prospects and a great draft record.

The Flyers will get theres. For all the pub about Esche, if the goalies were in the opposite nets, the seriues would have been 4-0. I have never seen anything like this. Every rebound Marty gave up, ended up in the back of the net (He certianly could have been batter) but Esche gave up a rebound on every shot.

so do I tell you all now I didn't even watch the game?

:P

"personal reasons" ... who'd have thunk it?

devine providence

Were your 'personal reasons' the same as Burns'? :lol:

(It came out that Burnsie is a little under the weather, almost as if on cue he coughed as the camera zoomed in on him :P )

He made better saves than Esche.  But Esche wins.  That's the way it goes sometimes.

What series did you watch?

Some of you "fans" here amaze me. How the hell can you bash Brodeur when the guy's brought you 3 Cups in 9 years. You know who are!

Edited by Eztarget

Losing is relative -- this hurts as it should but .....does it ache like

Game 6 '94?

Game 7 '94?

Game 7 '01?

Nah - -its just 1st round of the year following the one we won the cup...

Put it in proper prespective.... and shake it off :evil:

Yeah. Okay. We're all having a bad day and you bring THESE up. :lol:

But yeah, Game 7, 2001 was a stake right through the chest. I was dispondant for weeks. Today I mourned for, like, 3 hours.... There certainly have been worse times, even hockey wise.

Game 6 '94?

Game 7 '94?

Game 7 '01?

Put it in proper prespective.... and shake it off :evil:

Actually Game 6 of '01 pissed me off 100 times more, I knew they'd never win if it got to a Game 7. That game was just like watching a funeral procession, but Game 6 was where my anger came out :P

This year's more like '02 in that it was kind of a grinding, unhappy year - only in '02 there was more bad karma around the team with the Holik thing, the breaking up of the A-line, coaches getting canned left and right - people thought we'd never be the same. This year isn't anywhere near as bad even though it's losing to the Flyers and even given the Stevens mess.

Actually Game 6 of '01 pissed me off 100 times more, I knew they'd never win if it got to a Game 7. That game was just like watching a funeral procession, but Game 6 was where my anger came out :P

Same with me, but in '94.

The reason Game 7 was such a bummer in 2001 was because we had, like 10 people over and we had a big celebration planned for after the game and.... :saddevil:

Game 6 '94?

Game 7 '94?

Game 7 '01?

Put it in proper prespective.... and shake it off  :evil:

Yeah. Okay. We're all having a bad day and you bring THESE up. :lol:

But yeah, Game 7, 2001 was a stake right through the chest. I was dispondant for weeks. Today I mourned for, like, 3 hours.... There certainly have been worse times, even hockey wise.

Sorry to drudge that :o

but thats the point I wanted to make...it isnt the worst... :rolleyes:

Actually Game 6 of '01 pissed me off 100 times more, I knew they'd never win if it got to a Game 7.  That game was just like watching a funeral procession, but Game 6 was where my anger came out :P

Same with me, but in '94.

The reason Game 7 was such a bummer in 2001 was because we had, like 10 people over and we had a big celebration planned for after the game and.... :saddevil:

I can share both of these sentiments. I left game 6 feeling ill.....

Worst game I ever went to was the last game of the season in 96 against the Sens. That was so pathetically disappointing. Missing the playoffs after winning the cup was worse than game 6 against the Rags and this crappy series. Whatever....I'm pissed but I'm still gonna be there next year (if there is one) screaming my head off and dreaming of whoever our captain happens to be next year lifting the cup over his head. All I have to say is LET'S GO DEVILS!

ok you are nuts

1) Marty is a HOCKEY goalie, not soccer. that play was impossible for him to get back over to, while on his knees, on ICE. and he did get back over but had to dive, landing on his stomache. Goalies in hockey dont dive a whole lot. Thats again, soccer. So maybe if SOMEONE had been on him he wouldnt of scored.

2) About the nieds comment, i love nieds more than anyone (but the same as mcgina) but scoring a goal does not make up for mistakes. you still fvcked up and you still didnt play as good as you should of..

1) He still didn't get up as quickly as he could've. I'm not talking about the dive. He needn't have had a dive if he had gotten up faster than that.

2) I never said Nieds made up for his mistakes or the mistakes of his team. I said he made up for that goal, i.e. tied the score.

There is nothing worse than a fan of a team who refuses to see things for what they really are. Wake up. Marty sucked in this series. So did the whole team. But had it not been for that goal, we might've had game 5 in the sack and gone on to game 6. :argh:

Worst game I ever went to was the last game of the season in 96 against the Sens.  That was so pathetically disappointing.  Missing the playoffs after winning the cup was worse than game 6 against the Rags and this crappy series.  Whatever....I'm pissed but I'm still gonna be there next year (if there is one) screaming my head off and dreaming of whoever our captain happens to be next year lifting the cup over his head.  All I have to say is LET'S GO DEVILS!

Who was the ex-dev who burned us in that game? crap I remember it like it was last season (except the player) remember Dano crying on the bench? man that was as bad as losing to the Pens a couple of years later. :evilcry:

that goal went off whiteys ankle if i saw it correctly..bad bounces happen.

nothing was even in the bag..it never is. this is the NHL playoffs not wrestling. you never know whats going to happen and to say we may have had it in the bag is crazy.

the whole team did NOT suck and the fact you're saying that it driving me mad at the moment. Did little G suck? Elias? Gomer? um NO! Nieds didnt suck, he was the played the flyers signled out, they knew they had to contain him and they did it...

marty didnt do well but put stevens in front of him and it would of been a whole new series. a goaltender is only as good as his defense...