GDT: New Jersey @ Winnipeg

Quinn01

03-04, 05-06, 06-07 Devils. 100, 101, 107 points respectively, and they got knocked out in the second, first, and first rounds. Happens every year, to two or three teams, like clockwork.

Regular season records are meaningless, outside of whether or not the team qualifies for the playoffs and what seeding they all get.

Just being anal but in 06-07 we made it to the second round of the playoffs.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, I thought that I got one of those backwards... :noclue:

Regardless, makes the point. No?

I thought them booing Kovy was a joke. It felt so forced...I understood the Thrasher fans in Atlanta doing it, but those fans in Winnipeg have no connection to Kovy whatsoever. How exactly did Kovy ever break their hearts, or hurt them?

After the Thrashers moved to Winnipeg, Kovy said a major reason for him leaving Atlanta was that he was worried they might move to Winnipeg.

The funniest thing to me is still... "MAAAAAAAAAAAAAARTY... MAAAAAAAAAAARTY... oh sh!t we're losing now aren't we"

Dude they were still doing it when they were losing too. It fvcking pisses me off so badly when people do that. Like shut up you wish your goalie has accomplished at least half of what Brodeur has done.

I suppose I shouldn't be a hypocrite though because now I just can. not. wait. for The Queens down fall. ..that should take place in about 10 years or so.

geez i just realized that it was Burmistrov that Elias made look stupid on that play... thats even better since they we're mouthing at each other last game

that's what's up!

hope we sweep those mf'ers and continue to separate ourselves from the winnipegs of the world.

After the Thrashers moved to Winnipeg, Kovy said a major reason for him leaving Atlanta was that he was worried they might move to Winnipeg.

Well, that at least makes sense for them to not like him anyway.

And ya can't blame Ilya thee! The dude moved OUT OF RUSSIA, it would be a step backwards!!

OH man hahaha haaha hahahaaa what the hell WAS he thinking??? Was there any interview about it?? Too funny and I imagine he and Petr are close enough that they laughed it off?!!?? rofl.gif

OH man hahaha haaha hahahaaa what the hell WAS he thinking??? Was there any interview about it?? Too funny and I imagine he and Petr are close enough that they laughed it off?!!?? rofl.gif

They started the morning practice today by showing it to the rest of the team just to rub it in a little more. Both Elias and Sykora have said things to the press about it that are pretty funny.

tumblr_lxth85G8b11qm9t0s.gif

From Fire & Ice

Not everything was pretty about Elias’ winning goal. After the puck went in, Sykora went to embrace him in celebration, but Elias had his eyes on Larsson instead and dodged his longtime friend. Sykora missed and fell face down to the ice.

“I guess Patty was excited about the pass, so he was going to Lars and I thought he was going to celebrate with me and, obviously, gave me the look-away,” Sykora said. “I think it was kind of funny I fell down.”

“We’ve got to get a tape of it,” Elias said, laughing. “On the bench he goes, ‘I’m not sitting next to you.’”

Edited by Quinn01

This next stretch is key to try to get some seperation - six in a row at home over the next three weeks and ten of thirteen at home, while not leaving the tri-state area. I don't think the Devils even leave the Eastern time zone again this season other than the April game in Detroit.

Detroit is in the Eastern time zone.

We have no games remaining that start later than 7:30.

After we finish our 6-game homestand here, we will be even on home and away games.

We have one 4-game road trip left that includes the NY teams and Boston and Wash. on back to back nights (wth NHL schedulers?!). No other road trip will be more than 2 games.

5 back-to-backs left play. Not sure whether that's fair or not.

5 games against the rags and 4 against the isles after the all-star break ("new york week" begins March 4th).

And can anybody explain to me why we don't play on Wednesday again this season?