OOT Thread

Daniel

I've set it before, but Wang gets a lot more heat than he deserves.  He's lost a ton of his own money on the team, and initially offered to build a new arena entirely with private money.  He could have easily waited out the lease and sold to someone who would have relocated the team, but chose not to.  He's also not really a tightwad, despite his reputation.  His GMs have been so bad with personnel that there isn't really anyone that was worth throwing a ton of money at.

Sure, his GM picks have been either disastrous (Milbury) or shaky at best (Snow).  But there are plenty of owners that have struck out badly on GMs.  Most teams aren't lucky enough to have guys like Lou or Ken Holland fall into their laps. 

I think Snow's done a lot with his pro scouting I guess and he's been a wizard with waiver pickups and random finds (Grabner not withstanding-the dumb Panthers waived him right after he was a big part of the Luongo trade I think) but the stuff with Niederreiter was embarrassing and guys like Josh Bailey probably got rushed. How he got Vishovsky and Nabokov to resign though's a miracle. Tavares obviously is the glue and then surrounded pretty much by waivers, so I think Wang should get minimal credit for this 

Edited by DH26

SO win for the Rangers.

Is that the statistical nail in the coffin?

Pretty much unless you believe Ottawa's losing almost every game the rest of the season.  And magically we go from losing every single game to actually (gasp) winning a few.

Edited by NJDevs4978

the isles have sucked so bad year after year and that building is such a sh!t hole i went there this year for the first time for a dev isle game.. those fans deserve both a new building and a spot in the playoffs, i dont mind if they get in but i hope they dont make it very far

I would love for them to make it far. Imagine a local hockey rivalry in 2015, with the Isles playing in Brooklyn, where the Islanders and Devils both have more bragging rights than the Rangers.

We need philly to bear ottawa...i dont trust philly. They might be near quit mode. Can you imagine us playing the sens. They on a 6 game losing streak and us at 8 games.What a comedy

NBC SPORTS FRIDAY NIGHT RIVALRY

Breiere likely to be bought out he said he realizes but doesn't want it. He is a great leader and player. See him to possibly the islanders

Other than the concussion liability, I'd take him.

Unfortunately, however, he's already 35 [will be 36 in October] and I highly doubt he'd take a 1-2 year deal if he's bought out, so its unlikely nor wise for us to chase.

Edited by jagknife

He wants to be close to his family so an Atlantic division team I see if he is bought out. I hate flyers but have utmost respect for danny

He's a very courteous individual. Definitely a fan-friendly player. Random factoid about him: he's a cat person [or at least he was in Buffalo when I had the chance to meet and talk to him at length]

Of course Josh Bailey scores with 20 seconds left in the period. Of course

of course the Bruins have 16 shots on goal (2 fewer than all of last game) and have 0 goals. of course

Nothing is meant to be this year.

Watching the Flyers game...why the hell does Brayden Schenn have to act like such a tough guy or enforcer? Guy gets his ass kicked in every fight or scrum.