Save us Jacques Lemaire

'7'

Boucher or Kowalsky probably.  Although Boucher is a HC in the Swiss League now.  Not sure he could get out of it.

Let's get Torts.

The veterans would wilt and revolt under him.  Jagr, Elias, Zubrus, Clowe, Cammalleri wouldnt want to play for him.

Boucher or Kowalsky probably.  Although Boucher is a HC in the Swiss League now.  Not sure he could get out of it.

The veterans would wilt and revolt under him.  Jagr, Elias, Zubrus, Clowe, Cammalleri wouldnt want to play for him.

I wasn't being serious man.

DeBoer needs to be gone. It's ridiculous at this point. I had less of a problem with Gionta being out there in OT than I did with a Clowe -Zubrus pairing. How is that a good idea, neither guy can skate with any kind of speed.

I would have to agree here... Freakin' incredible..

Guy Boucher? The return of Brent Sutter? Marc Crawford? Somebody?

Well, Brodeur is still available...

:)

Tonight might have been the worst coached game I've seen since Julien left Madden on the bench twice for key shifts against Jagr when he scored two third-period goals and beat us late.  Every time I want to give Pete another chance and buy the bull**** about him being a great mind and all that, he does **** like putting Gionta out in the final minute of a tie game in the offensive zone, putting our slowest players on the ice in a 4-on-4 situation, or using Zidlicky as the 'defensive replacement' for Larsson. 

• Like 1

Bad coaching aside for the moment, firing Pete right now would be a mistake. This is the move you make in April and May after a 3rd straight no playoffs. This isn't the type of roster that needs a kick in the pants a firing would give it. This isn't a bunch of underachievers that needs a message. I can not see how a new coach is going to make a difference this season with this roster as is, especially the D. I just can't see enough of a change to justify a firing and a retread hiring right now.

Edited by TheRedStorm

Bad coaching aside for the moment, firing Pete right now would be a mistake. This is the move you make in April and May after a 3rd straight no playoffs. This isn't the type of roster that needs a kick in the pants a firing would give it. This isn't a bunch of underachievers that needs a message. I can not see how a new coach is going to make a difference this season with this roster as is, especially the D. I just can't see enough of a change to justify a firing and a retread hiring right now.

Here's why you fire him plain and simple. Poor time and line management and his complete willingness to make the same bad decisions over and over again and expect a different outcome.

The thing is, who's out there that we could replace him with? Because Jacques Lemaire isn't walking through that door.

Better question: Whos out there that would actually get worse production and results out of this roster? 

Gotta assume thats a pretty damn short list at this point. Tortarella would be an improvement over this fraud. 

It's kind of funny that people can't remember the issues everyone had with Lemaire in 09-10. It was a day of celebration when he retired as Devils coach. If you hate Deboer playing Gionta 8:23 of ice-time, just remember when Lemaire played Rob Niedermayer 20+ minutes a night and more than Zach Parise (coming off a 45 goal, 90 point season).

http://njdevs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=62530&hl=lemaire

Has, you are exaggerating. Throwing Gionta was a typical Deboer move, but it had nothing to do with the 3rd period collapse (obviously). The pairings in OT were not great, though it wasn't the speed of the two that caused the winner, just a very bad decision by Zubrus in the defensive zone.

The Devils played a really nice 3rd period. Lose puck sitting there in the crease for Elias and Brunner. The Cammalleri breakaway. Just couldn't capitalize. Then a silly fvcking penalty....and Zidlicky should be crucified for that play. End of story.

It's kind of funny that people can't remember the issues everyone had with Lemaire in 09-10. It was a day of celebration when he retired as Devils coach. If you hate Deboer playing Gionta 8:23 of ice-time, just remember when Lemaire played Rob Niedermayer 20+ minutes a night and more than Zach Parise (coming off a 45 goal, 90 point season).

http://njdevs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=62530&hl=lemaire

Has, you are exaggerating. Throwing Gionta was a typical Deboer move, but it had nothing to do with the 3rd period collapse (obviously). The pairings in OT were not great, though it wasn't the speed of the two that caused the winner, just a very bad decision by Zubrus in the defensive zone.

The Devils played a really nice 3rd period. Lose puck sitting there in the crease for Elias and Brunner. The Cammalleri breakaway. Just couldn't capitalize. Then a silly fvcking penalty....and Zidlicky should be crucified for that play. End of story.

That first part you mentioned seems like a constant thing here. I'll never forget Sutter in 2009 playing Madden and Pando more than Parise in Game 7. 

Here's why you fire him plain and simple. Poor time and line management and his complete willingness to make the same bad decisions over and over again and expect a different outcome.

Again, there is absolutely NO guarantee that a new coach is going to not use the same players in the same situations that we call bad decisions and personnel management. A new coach is going to have to have some set of balls to do what needs to be done to some vets and have the backing of his GM.

The difference was that Lemaire was actually successful and tried doing various things. PDB does the same sh!t every game. Play Salvador on the PK. Put Gio out there at the end of the game. Inexplicably bench decent players and keep sh!theads on the roster.

Again, there is absolutely NO guarantee that a new coach is going to not use the same players in the same situations that we call bad decisions and personnel management. A new coach is going to have to have some set of balls to do what needs to be done to some vets and have the backing of his GM.

A new coach may give a fresh perspective though unless you're fine watchin PDB do the same predictable stuff every game.

You would have open revolt replacing Pete with Tortorella, he's universally hated both because of his style and the crap he pulled as Ranger coach.  He's basically Keenan-ed his way out of the league anyway.

Finding a replacement is an issue, I won't pretend it isn't but it's not like we're replacing a two-time Stanley Cup coach or anything either here.  

You would have open revolt replacing Pete with Tortorella, he's universally hated both because of his style and the crap he pulled as Ranger coach.  He's basically Keenan-ed his way out of the league anyway.

Finding a replacement is an issue, I won't pretend it isn't but it's not like we're replacing a two-time Stanley Cup coach or anything either here.  

I think Torts will get another shot but it won't be for a few years and it will be with a desperate team.

Trouble is that a lot of capable guys (Like Jacques Martin for instance) are with organizations now even if they're not coaching)

I'd like Tom Renney but he's doing something with Hockey Canada and likely not available.

But at this point you can't take it that much further with DeBoer. I don't think he's fired tomorrow but if this team is middling, floundering and leaving points on the table as Thanksgiving approaches than he needs to go.

Edited by '7'

That first part you mentioned seems like a constant thing here. I'll never forget Sutter in 2009 playing Madden and Pando more than Parise in Game 7. 

Exactly. Every coach has their guys and players they don't like and decisions that drive fans nuts. Late in 2009, Sutter decided he had to match lines after declaring those days over for basically the entire season going head to head and watching Zajac and Parise crush top lines. But things changed, and since Staal was playing 22 minutes a game, Madden, Pandolfo and Shanahan saw most of the ice.

In that Game 7 Madden played more than 20 minutes. Pandolfo and Shanahan played almost as many minutes as Parise. Patrik Elias saw 14:27 and Zubrus under 10 minutes. Colin White was for some reason playing 21+ minutes.

If you love Bylsma, you had to deal with Craig Adams playing a ton in every key situation. Paul Maclean won coach of the year and is in love with Chris Neil and Chris Phillips using the former as an extra attacker and the latter on the PP. Pick a coach, I'll find you some deployment decisions that will drive any fanbase nuts.

Edited by devilsrule33

Don't worry, Gionta will get more ice time and save us all.

Play josefson? Haha we don't play young first rd picks around here.

some things we will just never understand..like why gionta is even on the PK.. why why why... it makes me want to scream some times when i see him out there and he has no business being out there.. i actually dont mind the guy most of the time i think he is a fine 4th line player he works hard but he should not be playing time on the pk for us..sh!t

some things we will just never understand..like why gionta is even on the PK.. why why why... it makes me want to scream some times when i see him out there and he has no business being out there.. i actually dont mind the guy most of the time i think he is a fine 4th line player he works hard but he should not be playing time on the pk for us..sh!t

Forget the PK, I can't understand why Gionta is in the NHL