Cangelosi: Oates Or Stevens Will Most Likely Be Head Coach Next Year

TheMazz

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's ONLY made a difference with Larsson (and honestly anyone not named Pete probably would have made a difference with Larsson), it hasn't exactly kept shot totals down on the whole.  And Stevens might also be the reason for the Fraser fetish.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I hope it's Stevens. His effect has made a gigantic difference on our blue line, especially with Larsson.

That would be a nightmare. He's not made a difference at all. The average for shots against is almost identical to what it was under DeBoer, but now the PK sucks again. That's what I'd call a downgrade, not an improvement.

Larsson has looked better, but let's not give Stevens all the credit until we've played enough games to say whether Larsson has truly improved or just was hot for a while.

The improvement is completely negated by his insistence on playing Fraser and Harrold anyways. Fraser in the PK made it even worse.

Edited by ATLL765

I'm starting to agree with MadDog, even if we do can this staff we're probably just in for Muller as the HC next year with MacLoser as the assistant. It'll just be another Lou stooge/spy.

Daniel actually mentioned Muller, but I think we're all on the same page in knowing that the next coach, whether he's behind the bench already or not, will just be another Lou stooge.

I'm starting to agree with MadDog, even if we do can this staff we're probably just in for Muller as the HC next year with MacLoser as the assistant. It'll just be another Lou stooge/spy.

I think MacLean is done coaching. He's got a pretty good TV gig, and really no shot to ever be a head coach again even if he were an assistant on a team that won the Cup out of nowhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would have zero problem as Oates as an assistant. I actually thought he was a good assistant for us. However I would really dislike him being a HC for us. Stevens would be an interesting choice. I dont know if we are in the place to experiment with head coaches but I would actually like to see Stevens.

Paul MacLean I thought would be a decent hire too but everyone has informed me that he's a bit too much like PDB.

I would LOVE to ask J-Mac if he has any interest in coaching again. My media guide doesn't have his e-mail included but whatever, I can just text Cangi and see what we can set up.

Edited by TheMazz

I don't get the Kirk Muller talk other than playing with the Devils over two decades ago. Pat Burns, Brent Sutter, Pete Deboer. Lou has no problem going outside the box. The problem right now is that the Devils are awful, and there could be a lot of coaching spots up for grabs. The appeal of coaching a really good team is gone here. 

Torts would be an interesting higher, he is even creating his own version of CORSI.

Torts is one of the last people I'd want to see as HC here.

I'm hoping that San Jose chokes again and either misses the playoffs or is eliminated early and McLellan is fired. I think he's a good coach and could really help this team.

Edited by ATLL765

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2015/02/lou_lamoriello.html

Enjoy!

"Lamoriello said he is pleased with how it's gone having Scott Stevens, Adam Oates and Lamoriello all behind the bench since Pete DeBoer was fired on Dec. 26. But he said the Devils will have an official head coach at the start of next season.

"Absolutely. That's not even a question. That's a given," Lamoriello said.

Neither Stevens nor Oates have done anything that would eliminate them as candidates to the the top job in 2015-16.

"No. It's obvious. It's been exceptional," Lamoriello said."

Enjoy!

"Lamoriello said he is pleased with how it's gone having Scott Stevens, Adam Oates and Lamoriello all behind the bench since Pete DeBoer was fired on Dec. 26. But he said the Devils will have an official head coach at the start of next season.

Neither Stevens nor Oates have done anything that would eliminate them as candidates to the the top job in 2015-16.

holy god, fire this wrinkly, old, senile prick

Enjoy!

"Lamoriello said he is pleased with how it's gone having Scott Stevens, Adam Oates and Lamoriello all behind the bench since Pete DeBoer was fired on Dec. 26. But he said the Devils will have an official head coach at the start of next season.

Neither Stevens nor Oates have done anything that would eliminate them as candidates to the the top job in 2015-16.

Damn it I want to believe in Lou. He's doing his best to test his few remaining supporters..

Damn it I want to believe in Lou. He's doing his best to test his few remaining supporters..

Lou...please stop talking. I'm fvcking begging you...