Devils 2014-2015 Off Season Thread

Jerzey

I'm saying it's a year, for him or anyone else.  If they play well, ok, trade them.  If they don't, what did it hurt?  Low risk, high reward.

Draft picks are a crap shoot but it's the only way to see if you can get a winner. So for one year only I can go along not that it is mu decision. Watch the coach will bench him because we will have another Ryder.

Even two years isn't a huge deal. Not going to be a cap team by then, and he'd probably be far from being the worst player on the team even at age 41-42 to the point that he's taking up a roster spot for a better player.

You can't trade him at the deadline on a two year deal, which would be my main motivation for even signing St. Louis. I want no part of two years.

Draft picks are a crap shoot but it's the only way to see if you can get a winner. So for one year only I can go along not that it is mu decision. Watch the coach will bench him because we will have another Ryder.

And Ryder isn't the reason one way or the other the Devils have been the team that they have been for the past two years.  I mean, he's symptomatic of the fact that the Devils have been in bad shape personnel-wise for the past three years, but it's not like Lou chose him over Patrick Kane. That's why any free agent the Devils realistically sign this coming offseason is a really low marginal cost so far as roster and cap management goes. 

You can't trade him at the deadline on a two year deal, which would be my main motivation for even signing St. Louis. I want no part of two years.

I guess that's true.

well yea that would be what he's talking about. signing him is almost a guarantee you can get a somewhat decent pick or two at the deadline for him.  thats why it'd be a no-brainer for a one year deal

I know that (signing him as a "what the hell" move in the hopes you can get a mid-rounder or better for him later).  Yeah, that's what would potentially make him an "asset".  I could also see him doing next to nothing.  But even if I wouldn't love it if he came here, considering the state of the Devils, I can't really make much of a stink about it if he's signed on a one-year deal.     

You guys are listening to a bullsh!t site, it's why that things shouldn't be posted here unless they are from reliable sources.

Dude were not a news site. This is a message board where people discuss stuff. I specified it was a rumour when i posted it and it brought discussion during a very slow time of the year with no news happening. Everyone knows it's a rumour. I keep coming here in the last few weeks and there's almost nothing to talk about and im sure im not the only one thinking that way.

As for the "bullsh!t site" they got quiiiite a few things right. Any "reliable sources" got things wrong too, in hockey things go fast, there's a deal on the table, people hear about it, report it, then the deal is pulled, doesnt mean it was bullsh!t, there was something at some point. Then people jump around freaking out thinking that person is making up stuff. That's why those are rumours. 

That's not saying every single rumours out there are true. But it also doesn't mean that all rumours we hear that is not happening is bullsh!t either. Don't think i dont understand the principle of posting obvious BS on the site and believing everything you read. Obviously. But that site had lots of sh!t right in the last few years. But im sure you'll pin them as BS cause one thing they said didnt pan out.

geez dude have some fun for a little, let it go, You're basically a robot with no personality. Dealing with you is exactly like dealing with the ATM machine compared to interacting with someone at the bank's front desk. You look only at numbers and just talk numbers, discard any intangibles (at least said you dont believe in them or human factors in anything, you have no profile picture, im so convinced you never played team sports, you want anything that is not "controlled" like "rumours" out of here.... live a little dude, wear flashy purple shorts, get a tattoo, go out and let it go. Were supposed to have fun here and discuss. 

Edited by SterioDesign

Dude were not a news site. This is a message board where people discuss stuff. I specified it was a rumour when i posted it and it brought discussion during a very slow time of the year with no news happening. Everyone knows it's a rumour. I keep coming here in the last few weeks and there's almost nothing to talk about and im sure im not the only one thinking that way.

As for the "bullsh!t site" they got quiiiite a few things right. Any "reliable sources" got things wrong too, in hockey things go fast, there's a deal on the table, people hear about it, report it, then the deal is pulled, doesnt mean it was bullsh!t, there was something at some point. Then people jump around freaking out thinking that person is making up stuff. That's why those are rumours. 

That's not saying every single rumours out there are true. But it also doesn't mean that all rumours we hear that is not happening is bullsh!t either. Don't think i dont understand the principle of posting obvious BS on the site and believing everything you read. Obviously. But that site had lots of sh!t right in the last few years. But im sure you'll pin them as BS cause one thing they said didnt pan out.

geez dude have some fun for a little, let it go, You're basically a robot with no personality. Dealing with you is exactly like dealing with the ATM machine compared to interacting with someone at the bank's front desk. You look only at numbers and just talk numbers, discard any intangibles (at least said you dont believe in them or human factors in anything, you have no profile picture, im so convinced you never played team sports, you want anything that is not "controlled" like "rumours" out of here.... live a little dude, wear flashy purple shorts, get a tattoo, go out and let it go. Were supposed to have fun here and discuss. 

You post horsesh!t rumors, I will call it out, every time.  That's just how it is going to be.  If you devoted a thread to the bullsh!t rumors, I would stay out of that thread, but if any if that kind of talk spilled over into other threads, I would call out the bullsh!t there if I saw it.  There's no reason for anyone to have any idea about how many years a player is going to be offered a contract for on June 1 by another team.  People know stuff, stuff gets out, and sometimes rumors that seem outlandish come true.  I've seen that happen plenty.  But you are constantly suckered in by dumb rumors and give this same speech every time I call it out, and almost always it doesn't come true.

This is the only way I will interact with you on this site, but I will continue to do it.  I'm sure your constant lecturing is a big hit among people you know, and look forward to your TED talk on human social behavior.

• Like 4

No to St. Louis under any circumstances, he was a boy amongst men in the playoffs, just dreadful and got abused every shift.  His rep is the only reason they stuck with him.  You would be doing everybody in the division a favor by signing him.  Pass on another locker room fluffer, his biggest strength at this point is he's good in the room.  He wasn't any good for large portions of the season and flat out bad in the playoffs.  Unless he lit the world on fire you're not getting much of anything for him at the deadline.

Edited by titans04

You post horsesh!t rumors, I will call it out, every time.  That's just how it is going to be.  If you devoted a thread to the bullsh!t rumors, I would stay out of that thread, but if any if that kind of talk spilled over into other threads, I would call out the bullsh!t there if I saw it.  There's no reason for anyone to have any idea about how many years a player is going to be offered a contract for on June 1 by another team.  People know stuff, stuff gets out, and sometimes rumors that seem outlandish come true.  I've seen that happen plenty.  But you are constantly suckered in by dumb rumors and give this same speech every time I call it out, and almost always it doesn't come true.

This is the only way I will interact with you on this site, but I will continue to do it.  I'm sure your constant lecturing is a big hit among people you know, and look forward to your TED talk on human social behavior.

You seem to think that im believing those rumours. The only reason people post rumours is only to DISCUSS the what if of the situation. You go through the pros and cons and it gets some discussion going. It's all for fun. (but i do understand that you're probably not really into fun)

Its not different than asking "would you rather bang Meg Ryan or Lea Thompson." It won't happen obviously but it gets discussions going. 

Now getting St-Louis is not impossible so it's still a possibility and people here simply discuss their view on that situation. Nothing wrong with that. If you don't like it just ignore it. 

You post horsesh!t rumors, I will call it out, every time. That's just how it is going to be. If you devoted a thread to the bullsh!t rumors, I would stay out of that thread, but if any if that kind of talk spilled over into other threads, I would call out the bullsh!t there if I saw it. There's no reason for anyone to have any idea about how many years a player is going to be offered a contract for on June 1 by another team. People know stuff, stuff gets out, and sometimes rumors that seem outlandish come true. I've seen that happen plenty. But you are constantly suckered in by dumb rumors and give this same speech every time I call it out, and almost always it doesn't come true.

This is the only way I will interact with you on this site, but I will continue to do it. I'm sure your constant lecturing is a big hit among people you know, and look forward to your TED talk on human social behavior.

I did not find this to be an outlandish rumor, especially since it's a source that most of us aren't familiar with. I mean, you poo pooed the Gelinas rumor, and it seemed like there was enough to it, at least by message board standards.

Bottom line, so long as it isn't Єklund (2.3% accurate) or, even worse, hockeyyinsiderr, feel free to pass on the information so far as I'm concerned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did not find this to be an outlandish rumor, especially since it's a source that most of us aren't familiar with. I mean, you poo pooed the Gelinas rumor, and it seemed like there was enough to it, at least by message board standards.

Bottom line, so long as it isn't Єklund (2.3% accurate) or, even worse, hockeyyinsiderr, feel free to pass on the information so far as I'm concerned.

Based on the time of the year, the hiring of the Devils GM, and what we know he's been busy with, and when the Rangers season ended, I'd say it is one the most ridiculous premature rumours I've ever heard. 

Based on the time of the year, the hiring of the Devils GM, and what we know he's been busy with, and when the Rangers season ended, I'd say it is one the most ridiculous premature rumours I've ever heard.

I mean, I went back and read it, and it was probably too detailed to be that plausible, so far as going into the precise terms that are supposedly being offered or contemplated.

The problem is we still have Lou in the back of our minds Edited by BostonNala370

I mean, I went back and read it, and it was probably too detailed to be that plausible, so far as going into the precise terms that are supposedly being offered or contemplated.

I actually left out the best part of that ridiculous sh!t: Some guy has information on two different organizations thought process and offers a month before free agency. That's incredible. I am willing to wager the Rangers have no clue what they want to do with Marty St Louis as their season ended a few days ago, and they have a billion things to consider, and the Devils have probably not discussed Marty St Louis in a single meeting yet

I'm with Tri. Keep that trash out of here.

Edited by devilsrule33

You seem to think that im believing those rumours. The only reason people post rumours is only to DISCUSS the what if of the situation. You go through the pros and cons and it gets some discussion going. It's all for fun. (but i do understand that you're probably not really into fun)

Its not different than asking "would you rather bang Meg Ryan or Lea Thompson." It won't happen obviously but it gets discussions going. 

Now getting St-Louis is not impossible so it's still a possibility and people here simply discuss their view on that situation. Nothing wrong with that. If you don't like it just ignore it. 

I've explained it to you 80 times.  This is the last time I will actually explain it - the next times I will just keep saying what I've been saying.  If you want to speculate about stuff, great!  Feel free to do that.  That's fun to me.  Could this trade happen? Would it make sense to sign this guy?  Great.  When you bring in rumor sites that are known for making sh!t up and saying lots of stuff that doesn't come true and stuff that seems very implausible, that's not fun to me, and in addition people who don't know better start to believe it, so now for example I have to read in 5 threads that Kovalchuk is coming back or some other bullsh!t that doesn't make sense.  If you start a thread devoted to rumors that you read on these garbage sites, I won't object at all, I just won't click on the thread because that doesn't interest me.  If you don't, I will object every time I read one that doesn't make sense.  That's it.  

Edited by Triumph

I've explained it to you 80 times.  This is the last time I will actually explain it - the next times I will just keep saying what I've been saying.  If you want to speculate about stuff, great!  Feel free to do that.  That's fun to me.  Could this trade happen? Would it make sense to sign this guy?  Great.  When you bring in rumor sites that are known for making sh!t up and saying lots of stuff that doesn't come true and stuff that seems very implausible, that's not fun to me, and in addition people who don't know better start to believe it, so now for example I have to read in 5 threads that Kovalchuk is coming back or some other bullsh!t that doesn't make sense.  If you start a thread devoted to rumors that you read on these garbage sites, I won't object at all, I just won't click on the thread because that doesn't interest me.  If you don't, I will object every time I read one that doesn't make sense.  That's it.  

It's a french site that im sure you have no clue about. What "made up rumours" have they made to support what you are saying? If anything most of the stuff they reported turned out true. And if there's indeed a few examples that you can come up with, how do you know its not a deal that fell through or wtv? They got enough stuff right for me to give them enough credibility. You deciding that something is made up doesnt make it made up buddy.

What's the difference between a rumor Sterio made up and one he read online?  Ok, he heard from some French site that St Louis wants 2 years.  Of course St Louis wants 2 years!  Why wouldn't he start the negotiations that way?  How is that any different from Sterio just saying, "What if St Louis wanted 2 years, would we sign him?"  It's not absurd to think St Louis would want to start with a 2 year contract and go from there, especially if he wanted to stay in the area.  Maybe he'll sign only with us if he gets 2 years.  Seems like many people say its not acceptable and that is the debate.

What's the difference between a rumor Sterio made up and one he read online?  Ok, he heard from some French site that St Louis wants 2 years.  Of course St Louis wants 2 years!  Why wouldn't he start the negotiations that way?  How is that any different from Sterio just saying, "What if St Louis wanted 2 years, would we sign him?"  It's not absurd to think St Louis would want to start with a 2 year contract and go from there, especially if he wanted to stay in the area.  Maybe he'll sign only with us if he gets 2 years.  Seems like many people say its not acceptable and that is the debate.

Because it has an air of legitimacy to it that I would like to acquire x for y doesn't.

Because it has an air of legitimacy to it that I would like to acquire x for y doesn't.

But he literally said that he doesn't mind "I thought up: this" but it may be unrealistic, it may not be.  St Louis wanting two years isn't absurd.  It's a good way of seeing how many people would tolerate a multi year contract for any older player, be it St Louis or Justin Williams, or any other older player.

I wrote out a long thing explaining myself, but I won't bother.  I'm not debating this.  It's a bullsh!t rumor.  DR33 already covered why.  End of story.

Edited by Triumph

I wrote out a long thing explaining myself, but I won't bother.  I'm not debating this.  It's a bullsh!t rumor.  DR33 already covered why.  End of story.

yeah and you ignore me asking you what bs rumour was made up on that site. As usual went silent and ignored it. 

and ignored me saying that quite a few of stuff that i read on there was legit and came true. But yeah... lol its all BS according to you.

Edited by SterioDesign

I know Shero has been accused of many of Lou's mistakes: too much loyalty, affinity with defensive defensemen/grinders, but I'm really happy with the direction of the team. Stressing speed and agression can only be seen as a good thing. Not just skating but quick decisions with the puck, an playing smart. This is obviously the second time Hynes was hired by Shero, but a lot of Pens fans were upset that he didnt get the job last year. Everyone in the hockey world speaks highly of him and hes a coach that the team can grow with and be patient with.

Ok, well then don't worry about writing out a long thing again.  I don't care to hear about which rumors you decide are "worthy" to speak about, and by extension everyone else.  Maybe next time Sterio should just say "what if" instead of "I read."  It's not like it was "6th pick for Crosby."  That is, unless you wanted to close the Off Season Thread too?