The Rangers will win the 2017 Stanley Cup. It's a foregone conclus

'7'

I'm with 7. You are a prick for doing that.

lol if you're too closed mind to understand the situation there im not sure what to tell you. Anyone with a brain got it but you've proved you might not have one quite often so there.

i dont live in the NY area. i know about 2-3 rangers fans which none are annoying. MY rivalry is with Habs fan. its demographic. My hate of the rangers is 100% artificial. They are still the 2nd team i hate the most but i will always always hate MTL a lot more cause its those fans im dealing with all the time.

Edited by SterioDesign

What situation? You live in the province of Quebec, and apparently you don't like the Canadiens, a team the Devils have no historic animosity with. 

I dont even live in the province of Quebec lol

and i wont continue argue with you on this cause you either 1- get it but just try to troll or 2- you're just too ignorant about the subject to even bother, i don't care if you don't get it lol 

I dont even live in the province of Quebec lol

and i wont continue argue with you on this cause you either 1- get it but just try to troll or 2- you're just too ignorant about the subject to even bother, i don't care if you don't get it lol 

Not trying to troll, but the Devils rivalry is with the Rangers, not the Canadiens. Your Montreal fetish is really weird, considering a great deal of the Devils success is a result of Lou mimicking the Habs.

Henrik Lundqvist is coming out of this series too much of a martyr. His body language after losses is awful, but the apologies his team, coaches, and fans give him after a series like this are worse. 

I'm sorry, Henrik, but you let in 6 goals in 2 consecutive games this series. You posted no shutouts, while Ben Bishop posted two. 16 goals were scored over the course of Tampa Bay's 4 wins, that's not very elite in my opinion. You do not give your team a chance to win a series with those numbers in my opinion. But the narrative is that somehow "the Rangers team failed him, again."

Henrik Lundqvist is coming out of this series too much of a martyr. His body language after losses is awful, but the apologies his team, coaches, and fans give him after a series like this are worse. 

I'm sorry, Henrik, but you let in 6 goals in 2 consecutive games this series. You posted no shutouts, while Ben Bishop posted two. 16 goals were scored over the course of Tampa Bay's 4 wins, that's not very elite in my opinion. You do not give your team a chance to win a series with those numbers in my opinion. But the narrative is that somehow "the Rangers team failed him, again."

The ranger fans are staring to turn on him, I forgot who was hosting but on ESPN radio last night Ranger fans were turning on him.  One rather level-headed Rag fan called in with the sentiments we've had for the past few years, Henrik is not a legend, and hes not even an elite goalie.  He's past his prime and he isnt in the same realm as the greats are.  The exact quote was "Hes no Roy and hes no Dominator"  He talked about how guys like Roy could give you chances to keep it 0-0 and steal games but Henry always seems to comes up short when you need him to be big.

The host agreed with him and basically said what we've all been screaming.  Lundqvist hasn't and probably never will live up to the giant expectations that Ranger fans made for him.  For a goalie to have the nickname 'The King' and have nothing to show for it at this point in his career is pitiful.  

The best part was the audible gag that you heard from the caller when the host said "You're right, he is no Roy, hes no Hasek, and hes certainly no Brodeur"

The ranger fans are staring to turn on him, I forgot who was hosting but on ESPN radio last night Ranger fans were turning on him.  One rather level-headed Rag fan called in with the sentiments we've had for the past few years, Henrik is not a legend, and hes not even an elite goalie.  He's past his prime and he isnt in the same realm as the greats are.  The exact quote was "Hes no Roy and hes no Dominator"  He talked about how guys like Roy could give you chances to keep it 0-0 and steal games but Henry always seems to comes up short when you need him to be big.

It's not even that ("keeping it 0-0"). I don't think anyone expects Rangers to win 4 games 1-0 or 2-1 every series. But c'mon, when two of the most pivotal momentum-giving consecutive games in the series resulted in 12 total goals going past Lundqvist, they need to take him off the pedestal. Those are two games that influenced the series every bit as much as the two shutouts they were handed at MSG; and yet this series loss was seen as some sort of injustice inflicted on Lundqvist.

Edited by DJ Eco

It's not even that ("keeping it 0-0"). I don't think anyone expects Rangers to win 4 games 1-0 or 2-1 every series. But c'mon, when two of the most pivotal momentum-giving consecutive games in the series resulted in 12 total goals going past Lundqvist, they need to take him off the pedestal. Those are two games that influenced the series every bit as much as the two shutouts they were handed at MSG; and yet this series loss was seen as some sort of injustice inflicted on Lundqvist.

I completely agree but I think some of the smarter ones are turning on him for this reason, and the dumber ones are turning on him because Cam Talbot is a future 50-win season hall-of-famer

The ranger fans are staring to turn on him, I forgot who was hosting but on ESPN radio last night Ranger fans were turning on him. One rather level-headed Rag fan called in with the sentiments we've had for the past few years, Henrik is not a legend, and hes not even an elite goalie. He's past his prime and he isnt in the same realm as the greats are. The exact quote was "Hes no Roy and hes no Dominator" He talked about how guys like Roy could give you chances to keep it 0-0 and steal games but Henry always seems to comes up short when you need him to be big.

The host agreed with him and basically said what we've all been screaming. Lundqvist hasn't and probably never will live up to the giant expectations that Ranger fans made for him. For a goalie to have the nickname 'The King' and have nothing to show for it at this point in his career is pitiful.

The best part was the audible gag that you heard from the caller when the host said "You're right, he is no Roy, hes no Hasek, and hes certainly no Brodeur"

Was poking around Twitter last night, and came across this gem from Francesa's producer Brian Monzo, a die-hard, homer Rag fan: https://mobile.twitter.com/BMonzoWFAN/status/605072788290990080 Edited by MadDog2020

This is the world the homer Rag fan lives in. They hate Marty so much, they aren't capable of having a rational thought about him. Now- if Marty played for the Rags and accomplished everything with them that he did with us, how big would the statue of him at the Garden be? Would it take up an entire level of the building? I'm guessing yes. Yet you still have clowns like this guy trying to discredit Marty's career based off nothing but jealousy and hate. This is mostly just Rag fans. Phailure fans hate Marty too, but at least most of them admit his greatness.

Edited by MadDog2020

Was poking around a Twitter last night, and came across this gem from Francesa's producer Brian Monzo, a die-hard, homer Rag fan: https://mobile.twitter.com/BMonzoWFAN/status/605072788290990080

yech what drivel.  his last name should be Mongo or sumthin tsss

This is the world the homer Rag fan lives in. They hate Marty so much, they aren't capable of having a rational thought about him. Now- if Marty played for the Rags and accomplished everything with them that he did with us, how big would the statue of him at the Garden be? Would it take up an entire level of the building? I'm guessing yes.

They would've replaced the Statue of Liberty with marty and dragged the entire island up the river to park near MSG

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil

yech what drivel. his last name should be Mongo or sumthin tsss

They would've replaced the Statue of Liberty with marty and dragged the entire island up the river to park near MSG

The island of Manhattan would've been re-named 'Brodeur Island'. Rag fans would be calling it 'Martyhattan'. Edited by MadDog2020

Guys are complete right about rangers fans not capable of having a single rational thought about marty. Every time you corner one with cold hard facts you know it will always go to their two big fallbacks

1) "Matteau, matteau, matteau!"

2) "mawdy is da Uncle Daddy!"

Guys are complete right about rangers fans not capable of having a single rational thought about marty. Every time you corner one with cold hard facts you know it will always go to their two big fallbacks

1) "Matteau, matteau, matteau!"

2) "mawdy is da Uncle Daddy!"

The hatred and jealousy they have towards Marty is just on another level. They know in the 5,000 year history of the Rags, they've never had a player (of their own, mercs like Easter Island Head Messier don't count) that's even remotely on Marty's level of greatness. They can't stand it. And they REALLY can't stand that Marty took them and King Henrik the Cupless down in the ECF as the cap to his career. They try to discredit whatever they can because they're so insanely jealous, it drives them to basically spit in the face of reality. Meanwhile, as I said before, they'd be renaming Manhattan after Marty if he accomplished all he did in a Rag uniform. Edited by MadDog2020

He comes out that way because the team laid two eggs in Games 5 and 7. The only thing I agree on is he never posted a shutout. It would've taken an astronomical effort to shutout the Lightning. He made some unreal stops just to keep it scoreless. I couldn't believe how lackadaisical they looked. Not one body to the net with an injured Bishop who will be exposed against the Hawks. Too tentative. And of course, no in game adjustments from AV. He sucks. He benched Sheppard who scored a big goal in Game 6 for Hunwick, who got 6 lousy shifts before McDonagh returned. Awful coaching. He shorted his own bench in the biggest game of the year and had mixed combos caught on both Tampa goals. He also stuck with Marty St. Louis for too long on the top power play unit keeping Nash on the second unit. 

Lundqvist is an easy target because the media crowned him. He gave up a goal he usually has in his sleep. But also credit Killorn for getting the shot off and Filppula screening in front. He didn't pick it up. The Palat one was just all around awful D with Hayes getting schooled and Johnson making a great pass for a wicked shot. That line is tremendous. Great chemistry. Speed. Skill. Grit. They should test Keith and Seabrook who at least are healthier than our top pair was. 

A comment to his disappointment after losses. How do you want him to look? He cannot stand losing. It kills him. And while the media and fans will never pin it on him, he's always accountable. He's a rare class athlete that comes around once in a while that's easy to admire. You can all hate him for the silly King crap. Outside of that, I see a driven guy who wants to be the best. He won't stop until he gets one. If he doesn't, it'll be because of Sather and Vigneault and their stubborn insistence on cloning every soft skilled skater that exists. 

Not like they played one of the most injury-decimated teams in the league first round. And not like Chicago and Tampa will probably have a similar injury list released to the public in a few weeks. Not like this happens every year to every team that makes the Final 4 in the Conference Finals...

Edited by DJ Eco

He comes out that way because the team laid two eggs in Games 5 and 7. The only thing I agree on is he never posted a shutout. It would've taken an astronomical effort to shutout the Lightning. He made some unreal stops just to keep it scoreless. I couldn't believe how lackadaisical they looked. Not one body to the net with an injured Bishop who will be exposed against the Hawks. Too tentative. And of course, no in game adjustments from AV. He sucks. He benched Sheppard who scored a big goal in Game 6 for Hunwick, who got 6 lousy shifts before McDonagh returned. Awful coaching. He shorted his own bench in the biggest game of the year and had mixed combos caught on both Tampa goals. He also stuck with Marty St. Louis for too long on the top power play unit keeping Nash on the second unit. 

Lundqvist is an easy target because the media crowned him. He gave up a goal he usually has in his sleep. But also credit Killorn for getting the shot off and Filppula screening in front. He didn't pick it up. The Palat one was just all around awful D with Hayes getting schooled and Johnson making a great pass for a wicked shot. That line is tremendous. Great chemistry. Speed. Skill. Grit. They should test Keith and Seabrook who at least are healthier than our top pair was. 

A comment to his disappointment after losses. How do you want him to look? He cannot stand losing. It kills him. And while the media and fans will never pin it on him, he's always accountable. He's a rare class athlete that comes around once in a while that's easy to admire. You can all hate him for the silly King crap. Outside of that, I see a driven guy who wants to be the best. He won't stop until he gets one. If he doesn't, it'll be because of Sather and Vigneault and their stubborn insistence on cloning every soft skilled skater that exists. 

I agree with most of what you said. And my criticism of him this series does not include Game 7, he did EVERYTHING HE COULD to win that game, can't ask for anything more really. I just take issue with people putting him above criticism in the larger sense, as far as the series is concerned. At the end of the day, he was no better than Ben Bishop. You can point to the defense and the injuries, etc., but he wasn't good enough through 7 games, and 12 goals allowed in 2 games is as big of a reason that they lost as were the shutout losses/lack of offense.

I mean, Derek, in our/my defense I'm sure you can understand where we're coming from as you're on this board pretty often. Before this series, our beat writer Rich Chere is posting an opinion/poll piece about whether or not people think Henrik Lundqvist is better than Brodeur or Roy. All we could hear about in the New York media is how he is in that class of legendary all-time great players and how his game 7 record shows he is the most clutch goalie to ever live. That's been our reality for 6 weeks now. And I see a series like this and it's just a reminder that, no he's not. And yes, some of it is jealousy in the sense that Brodeur never got this amount of hype and respect in the tristate area, but a non-achieving goaltender is habitually compared to him, and even labeled as being better than him by the Rangers fans around us. So yes, it's frustrating, and a series like this happens, like it happens every year, and Henrik comes up short. Not in game 7, but in the wider sense of things. He came up short once he let in 12 goals in games 2 and 3 and the Lightning began to creep into the Rangers' heads.

I don't enjoy his failure, he is one of the classiest and humble and committed athletes in the game. But in the context of this rivalry, and ALL the garbage we have to hear from the other side on a daily and annual basis, we have to call a spade a spade at a time like this (and no, I don't go on Rangers boards and say this stuff, I do it here lol). Brodeur or Roy or Hasek in their early 30s would've won a Stanley Cup or two with this Rangers team, and that's the difference between them.

Edited by DJ Eco