2016 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

Derlique

San Jose closing in on a deal for James Riemer.  

I really don't understand what they are doing.  It would seem that the Thornton/Marleau cup window closed a few years ago and it seemed like they understood that when they announced they were rebuilding...and then they didn't.   Now it seems like they're going all in this year trading their 1st for Jones and overpaying with (2) 2nd on that deadline deal for Polak and Spaling.  Now they're going for goalie depth?   Hopefully they didn't pay much.       

Apparently their backup is hot garbage. Reimer is their new backup.

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Apparently their backup is hot garbage. Reimer is their new backup.

The Sharks' #1 (Martin Jones) is ok and has had some very good stretches, but isn't a lock to keep the job with Reimer in the fold.  I think this move might have been less about upgrading the backup position, and more about having two reasonably dependable goalies, either of which can be their #1 depending on who has the hot hand.  

NJD are one of the teams (albeit many) in the mix for Tampa Bay Lightning forward Johnathan Drouin:

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie 1h1 hour ago
The greater financial obligation team takes on, less they'll be willing to give up in tangible assets. TB needs to make a good hockey deal.
33 retweets 57 likes
Reply Retweet 33
Liked 57

It's possible, I suppose, losing Carle's contract could be part of a deal but problem for TB in that case is it would reduce yield on trade.
43 retweets 61 likes
Reply Retweet 43
Liked 61

If Drouin is traded, TB will have to get a piece that helps them this season and a significant prospect for the future. Maybe a pick, too?
95 retweets 123 likes
Reply Retweet 95
Liked 123

Obviously, some come and go. A few come back for a 2nd look. Not all are fits but I'd think TB has a handful of legit offers to consider.
52 retweets 76 likes
Reply Retweet 52
Liked 76

Teams, at times, with maybe > than cursory int: ANA, ARI, BOS, CAR, CHI, COL, MIN, MTL, NSH, NJD, NYI, NYR, OTT, PHI, SJ, STL, TOR, VAN, WPG
150 retweets 135 likes
Reply Retweet 150
Like 135

Often asked where Drouin may go. No strong sense at this time. I'd say 15 to 20 teams have shown varying degrees interest at varying times.

Hudler to FLA is a good pickup for them. He should do well there.

8 minutes ago, TheMazz said:

NJD are one of the teams (albeit many) in the mix for Tampa Bay Lightning forward Johnathan Drouin:

The greater financial obligation team takes on, less they'll be willing to give up in tangible assets. TB needs to make a good hockey deal.
33 retweets 57 likes
Reply Retweet 33
Liked 57

It's possible, I suppose, losing Carle's contract could be part of a deal but problem for TB in that case is it would reduce yield on trade.
43 retweets 61 likes
Reply Retweet 43
Liked 61

If Drouin is traded, TB will have to get a piece that helps them this season and a significant prospect for the future. Maybe a pick, too?
95 retweets 123 likes
Reply Retweet 95
Liked 123

Obviously, some come and go. A few come back for a 2nd look. Not all are fits but I'd think TB has a handful of legit offers to consider.
52 retweets 76 likes
Reply Retweet 52
Liked 76

Teams, at times, with maybe > than cursory int: ANA, ARI, BOS, CAR, CHI, COL, MIN, MTL, NSH, NJD, NYI, NYR, OTT, PHI, SJ, STL, TOR, VAN, WPG
150 retweets 135 likes
Reply Retweet 150
Like 135

Often asked where Drouin may go. No strong sense at this time. I'd say 15 to 20 teams have shown varying degrees interest at varying times.

Basically McKenzie looks like he's throwing sh!t at they wall to see what sticks. On to Cincinnati.