Home Opener 10/18 vs Anaheim

MadDog2020

Wow, they come to Tampa twice this year which is awesome, but both games are over by November 5th! lol

The first time they come this year is October 15th for the second game of the season which I think is the earliest they've ever come to Tampa, but definitely this is by far the earliest that they've come to Tampa BOTH times.  Usually it's like once in October or November and again in March or Feb.  If we end up in a playoff position later on in the year I'm gonna be dying to go to a game =/

Guess I should just be grateful that they come twice this year

• Like 1

Devils @ Rangers on back to back Sundays in December.  The first being a 7pm game when the Giants are playing the C*wb*ys at 8:30.  Can the league get any dumber?

They scheduled a Devs-Rangers game on a Sunday in October at 1:00 last year, which meant I missed a good chunk of that game while watching the Dolphins. The league appears to be rather tone deaf to our national obsession with the NFL.

Devils are the Red Wings final regular season opponent at Joe Lewis Arena.

Kind of interesting since the only history between the 2 franchises is 1995 and not exactly a huge highlight for the Red Wings franchise.  I figured they'd go either Original 6 or Pittsburgh-Philadelphia for their final regular season home game.

4 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

They scheduled a Devs-Rangers game on a Sunday in October at 1:00 last year, which meant I missed a good chunk of that game while watching the Dolphins. The league appears to be rather tone deaf to our national obsession with the NFL.

Yup.  I went to the game since the Giants played Monday Night that week.  The guy who sits to my right is a Jets fan and had a tough time unloading his.  Jets were playing the Redskins at 1 that day.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

The TV ratings might not be great but there will still be plenty of people there, I really couldn't care less about football, calling me a casual fan at this point is even pushing it. 

I do agree it's dumb on their end though. 

You are the exception.  If I had to guess, I would say 50-60% of Rangers-Devils fans combined will be watching the Giants game.

3 hours ago, jagknife said:

4 outdoor games next year and, surprise surprise, Chicago is in one and the Pens host another.

Seriously so sick of the fvcking Blackhawks

You do not HAVE to watch the games.  

1 hour ago, Matteau#32 said:

You are the exception.  If I had to guess, I would say 50-60% of Rangers-Devils fans combined will be watching the Giants game.

You do not HAVE to watch the games.  

Oh I know that's why I said I do agree it's dumb on their end but it is what it is. They have been doing it every year so clearly they don't care. 

On 6/21/2016 at 10:13 PM, Satans Hockey said:

Oh I know that's why I said I do agree it's dumb on their end but it is what it is. They have been doing it every year so clearly they don't care. 

I actually went and looked it up and other teams do seem to care.  Blackhawks have 6 Sunday home games Oct-Dec, but NONE when the Bears are playing.  A lot of Bears at 12 central and the Hawks at 6.

Flyers only have one sunday game in oct-dec.  Penguins do not have any.  Bruins have 2, 1 when the Pats play at night and one when they play at 4:25 with both Bruins games being at 1.  The league as a whole has a very light schedule on Sundays and have for a few years.  If you do any of those Yahoo leagues with daily changes you see it when you usually only have 2 or 3 of your guys playing on Sunday.  FInd it hard to believe it is just a coincidence.