2017 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

Devilsfan118

26 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Bishop is a UFA. It's a CYA play in case Quick gets hurt again. That's it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess.  Still seems like they won this deal, I mean if that's the case they only gave up a perennial backup goalie in Budaj, a so-so prospect, and a freaking last round pick for an insurance policy in net.  The Bolts didn't really get much in return, and also gave up a 2nd rounder I believe. 

25 minutes ago, SMantzas said:

Yeah, the Lightning got nothing for a good goalie. Pittsburgh has to be mad since it looks like MAF's value has gone down. I know he's signed a couple of more years, but still...

If I were Pittsburgh, I think I would just hold onto MAF as insurance for the playoffs.  They are in win now mode and while they would probably lose MAF to the expansion draft "for nothing," that guarantees that none of their skaters get snatched.    

44 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

If I were Pittsburgh, I think I would just hold onto MAF as insurance for the playoffs.  They are in win now mode and while they would probably lose MAF to the expansion draft "for nothing," that guarantees that none of their skaters get snatched.    

I guess that's true, but I'm not sure they'd even lose anything good anyway. 

1 hour ago, Lateralous said:

Agree, I'd hang onto MAF as well if I were them. Can still trade him after the season to.

Brian Boyle to Toronto: https://mobile.twitter.com/TBLightning/status/836316353120325633?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Also, this nugget: Neal McHale‏@nealmchale 18m18 minutes ago
Pierre LeBrun talking Shattenkirk on TSN 1040: "I think he's looking at New York Rangers, New Jersey this summer....Devils could offer big$"

He is sheltered so much at the moment. Do you want to pay 7 million plus per year for a 20 point 5on5 defensemen. Is he capable of playing tougher minutes without breaking. If he wants to come here you could always trade a similar player like Severson for help up front. It's a game Rangers have been playing for some time.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac