2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Daniel

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Yeah, I hate it.  You pull into gas stations and it takes forever for them to get to your car, and then forever to get back to your car when you want to pay. 

wow. I hate fueling my car but i usually always go to a pump where i can pay at the pump with my card so i can be in and out asap. 

6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Yeah, I hate it.  You pull into gas stations and it takes forever for them to get to your car, and then forever to get back to your car when you want to pay. 

I give them two or three minutes, then get out and just start the process myself if it looks like no one is coming over...most attendants don't have an issue with it. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I give them two or three minutes, then get out and just start the process myself if it looks like no one is coming over...most attendants don't have an issue with it. 

I never try that, just because I know I'm going to get the attendant who's going to call the police or something like that.

• Like 1

I am mixed on it.  I like the fact that when it is raining or freezing cold I don't have to get out of my car.  However, I hate that sometimes it takes forever for the attendant to pump my gas and process payment.

There is a gas station in my town with spots for up to 16 cars to get gas at the same time.  Problem is most nights they only have two attendants so it takes a while.  If it takes more than 2-3 minutes I do what CR1976 does and start the pump myself.  Usually within 5 seconds an attendant rushes over to take over.

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

51 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I never try that, just because I know I'm going to get the attendant who's going to call the police or something like that.

For foreigners on this thread, these are the two and only two people you meet in NJ.

• Like 3

Off topic, but how the hell does anyone post on HF? Besides the inordinate amount of stupidity and the nazi-like moderation, now you can't even go over there without a phishing scam popping up and freezing your browser every damn time. That site is a fvcking joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Off topic, but how the hell does anyone post on HF? Besides the inordinate amount of stupidity and the nazi-like moderation, now you can't even go over there without a phishing scam popping up and freezing your damn browser every damn time. That site is a fvcking joke.

I used to lurk there a bit, but it got so bad I had to stop even doing that. 

This board>>>HF anyway. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Off topic, but how the hell does anyone post on HF? Besides the inordinate amount of stupidity and the nazi-like moderation, now you can't even go over there without a phishing scam popping up and freezing your browser every damn time. That site is a fvcking joke.

I am sure I have said this here in the past but I have been finding myself going over there more and more due to the fact that outside of the on-ice product there is little discussion going on here relating to the Devils.

Ever since the boards over at HF were upgraded a few months back it has been pretty much pop-up hell and tough to use.  Still thought even though I don't post a whole lot over there I do like to read the non on-ice discussions there.

5 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

No goals through five rounds of the shootout. sh!t attempts though. Malcolm Subban is the real deal.

On Spittin Chiclets, they were PISSED Boston waived Subban.

and glad to see Tom Wilson is doing his annual “I do more than be a complete piece of sh!t” streak. It will save him from being suspended and instead being fined because “he isn’t a dirty player”

12 hours ago, Daniel said:

Apparently Karlsson was asked to give his ten team no trade list.  

Wow, the melt down in Ottawa hasn’t taken long.   That Duchene-Turris trade looks worse every day, especially since they traded their 1st round pick to the Avalanche.  I know it’s top 10 protected this year but I can’t imagine that next years pick would be anything less than top 10 if the Sens unload EK.   

Im assuming any type of competitive offer from NJ would have to include Bratt and our 1st round pick +.   

Edited by Lateralous

12 hours ago, Lateralous said:

Wow, the melt down in Ottawa hasn’t taken long.   That Duchene-Turris trade looks worse every day, especially since they traded their 1st round pick to the Avalanche.  I know it’s top 10 protected this year but I can’t imagine that next years pick would be anything less than top 10 if the Sens unload EK.   

Im assuming any type of competitive offer from NJ would have to include Bratt and our 1st round pick +.   

done and done

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

Karlsson will force a trade to the Rags. Bright lights bra. emoji849.png

Ultimately, I'm not sure I'd want to trade for Karlsson anyway. Trading for him would probably require taking every step back we've made on offense as well as putting us in the position to have to resign him to a huge deal. We need that elite 1D and Karlsson might be worth it more than most other players for us, so it's close, but I'm thinking it would take in the way of Bratt, Butcher, a 1st, and possibly even more. I can't imagine them not at least starting out by asking for Hall in that trade.