All purpose general trade speculation thread

Daniel

Just now, Martyisth3b3st said:

Mother CVNT. CBJ makes another addition. I'm going to vomit if we miss the playoffs. 

I'm fine with CBJ getting better as long as the Isles, Canes, or Panthers don't make any significant additions, just keep the teams currently out of the playoffs where they are and I'll take my chances jostling for the 1st or 2nd wild card spot.

26 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

So you’re disappointed because this wasn’t as exciting as the deadline days that happened 13 years ago? 

Expecting more to happen than what’s happened today is setting yourself up for some major disappointment.

I'm disappointed because recent deadline days have sucked in terms of excitement. The media hypes it up like a big snow storm and then we end up getting a dusting of snow. This really is how they are now I suppose.

1 minute ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Two scraps for a guy who would be 2nd on our team in points, 3rd (only behind Grabner) in goals. That sucks.

When you have some ability to score and play on a bad team, you're going to rack up more points than you ordinarily would.  Had he started the season with us, he'd probably have 25 points right now, if that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

So how long after 3PM do trades typically continue to trickle in?

IIRC it's usually another hour or so, right?

How long was it after the trade deadline that Mogliny was announced. Honestly in this day and age I'd be surprised if anything takes that long to come out. Maybe 10 minutes tops

2 minutes ago, roomtemp said:

How long was it after the trade deadline that Mogliny was announced. Honestly in this day and age I'd be surprised if anything takes that long to come out. Maybe 10 minutes tops

It doesn't seem like the NHL central office should be too backed up today given the lack of trades so I think you're probably right about 10 minutes or so

Just now, Martyisth3b3st said:

Vanek hasn't finished below 41 points in his entire career. He's also got 60 games of NHL playoffs under his belt. 

CBJ gave up a waiver claim and a plug-in for this guy. I'm not saying the Devils dropped the ball by not getting him, it just sucks that Columbus got stronger without giving anything up. 

He's been traded at the deadline for nothing for something like the past three years and hasn't really helped anyone in the playoffs when he got there.  So I'll just go on collective wisdom of GMs generally that Vanek probably doesn't have a ton to offer.

As to his point production, let me put it this way, if you replaced the entire Devils roster with the Binghamton for the entire year til now, you'd probably have one or two guys playing at a 30+ point pace.  Doesn't mean either of them are any good. 

Also, from what I understand, something like more than half of his points have come on the powerplay.