GDT: Jets @ Devils 7PM 3/8/18

Nicomo

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

It's incredibly frustrating. It seems like every goalie we go against stands on his head, whether it's a backup, a top tier starter like Hellebyuck, a rookie making one of his first NHL starts- it doesn't matter. And it didn't help that they also missed the net by 27 feet on a few great scoring chances tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coleman's breakaway really stung

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

It's incredibly frustrating. It seems like every goalie we go against stands on his head, whether it's a backup, a top tier starter like Hellebyuck, a rookie making one of his first NHL starts- it doesn't matter. And it didn't help that they also missed the net by 27 feet on a few great scoring chances tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I try and take a step back when evaluating stuff like this, cuz it's sooo easy to get biased one way or the other.

But I 100% agree with you - it seems like we're always playing goalies who are 110% on their fvcking game.  Starter, backups, you name it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I try and take a step back when evaluating stuff like this, cuz it's sooo easy to get biased one way or the other.

But I 100% agree with you - it seems like we're always playing goalies who are 110% on their fvcking game.  Starter, backups, you name it.

Pretty much the only time we haven't lately is facing an AHL team with their fourth-string goalie on Tuesday.  That's about what it takes for us not to have a goalie pull a .950 save percentage out against us.

• Like 2

Just now, NJDevs4978 said:

Pretty much the only time we haven't lately is facing an AHL team with their fourth-string goalie on Tuesday.  That's about what it takes for us not to have a goalie pull a .950 save percentage out against us.

It's pretty insane. Don't know if I've seen a stretch of Devils hockey where we seem to face the best goalie of all-time continuously game after game.

Edited by Devs3cups

6 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Well to be fair saying "always" would be ignoring our last game against MTL. Goalie was terrible lol also we played Carolina where Darlin' was terrible. So yeah.... 2 times in this entire season haha

7 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

He’s given up 3 straight goals in 10 consecutive games, all losses. 

When the actual hell are these excuses going to stop?!

Get a beer Marty. Where did you see an excuse? Pitts, Philly, Florida, even Wash don't look much better in net, but their offense is clicking. Philly made a run with sh!t.y performance between the pipes. Pitts is playing backups but you don't expect them to fall apart, do you? 

4 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

It's pretty insane. Don't know if I've seen a stretch of Devils hockey where we seem to face the best goalie of all-time continuously game after game.

Oh we've had plenty of stretches like this, 2013-14 comes to mind for pretty much the whole season :P

2 minutes ago, Devs64 said:

Get a beer Marty. Where did you see an excuse? Pitts, Philly, Florida, even Wash don't look much better in net, but their offense is clicking. Philly made a run with sh!t.y performance between the pipes. Pitts is playing backups but you don't expect them to fall apart, do you? 

Luongo is 7th in the league in save % (.927)

Just now, Devs64 said:

And they are still looking in although playing better as of late. Tells you something about the team game.

The chances of Florida passing us in the standings is 100%. It is an absolute certainty. 

18 minutes ago, '7' said:

The chances of Florida passing us in the standings is 100%. It is an absolute certainty. 

Well, it's up to us to net let it happen, but I'm afraid we'll be fighting for the second WC. 

Edited by Devs64

7 minutes ago, Devs64 said:

Well, it's up to us to net let it happen, but I'm afraid we'll be fighting for the second WC. 

Seems an absolute certainty to me that we should be watching Columbus and only Columbus going forward.  We ain't catching the Flyers, the Panthers are definitely going to catch us, and I don't think the Canes can get us.

It'll be between us and the Jackets for that second WC spot.  Which team will limp to the finish line a little better than the other... 

Edited by Devilsfan118

7 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Seems an absolute certainty to me that we should be watching Columbus and only Columbus going forward.  We ain't catching the Flyers, the Panthers are definitely going to catch us, and I don't think the Canes can get us.

It'll be between us and the Jackets for that second WC spot.  Which team will limp to the finish line a little better than the other... 

You may be right, but CBL and FLA's schedule isn't easy too. This road stretch will be decisive for us. We need points in at least 4 out of 6 games.

The annoying thing about this run is we haven't even been able to take games to OT to even snag a loser point. 

Things would look a lot less desperate with 2 extra points off those games.

This road trip is brutal. But this team has had a way of upping it's game when needed. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

The annoying thing about this run is we haven't even been able to take games to OT to even snag a loser point. 

Things would look a lot less desperate with 2 extra points off those games.

This road trip is brutal. But this team has had a way of upping it's game when needed. 

True. Gibbs played like he never was out with injury. Hope Travis and Zacha will be back soon. Boyle and especially Wood need to get back on track ASAP. Hoping to see more solid goaltending too. 

It's not over till it's over.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Devs64 said:

You may be right, but CBL and FLA's schedule isn't easy too. This road stretch will be decisive for us. We need points in at least 4 out of 6 games.

Jackets schedule is not that bad. MUCH easier than ours. 

3 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I’m 99% sure you didn’t even glance at CBJ or FLA schedules before posting this. Both have easy schedules. Florida’s is the easiest in the NHL. By a lot. A lot a lot.

Thank you for leaving 1% on the table because that's exactly what I did before posting this. I already said ours is the toughest. How is their schedule EASY? What's easy in your book?

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

They were really good on the road earlier this season, it’s pretty much our only hope at this point...

My hope at this point is they won't pay more respect than needed to those teams and put more pucks in net than Cory and Kink let in.

3 minutes ago, Devs64 said:

Thank you for leaving 1% on the table because that's exactly what I did before posting this. I already said ours is the toughest. How is their schedule EASY? What's easy in your book?

Sens (x3), Rags, Habs, Sabres, Coyotes, Isles...

do you see them losing many of those games?