GDT: Devils vs Pitt - 29 Mar @ 7p Eastern

jagknife

5 hours ago, Bonginator11 said:

I don’t care who we have to play. Just get into the playoffs. 

Exactly. Anything can happen in the playoffs. Also, even though we haven't won against Boston this year the games were pretty tight if I remember correctly. One ended in a hectic shootout, and the other two were also close games I believe.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, aclc79 said:

Ever listen to the All-Access PodCast?   He sounds so full of himself.  And Amanda is so gullible sometimes when she believes the stuff coming out his mouth.  I thought she was sharper than that.

I was going down the line thinking about the Devils broadcast team last night and it occurred to me that I'm either a terrible pessimist or they seriously might be the all-time worst group of individuals assembled for TV outside of the Jersey Shore. 

Salvador is comically bad at putting his thoughts together, it's really cringeworthy hearing him on the mic, but I do get a kick out of how quickly he says "PissburgPenwins" 

Deb is Deb, Arda Ocal is douche,

Dano has hardly gotten better as a color commentator, though some of his shortcomings have become kind of endearing, as he is Mr.Devil and you really can't tack much against him. Next time there is a scramble in front of net or some hectic play, listen for Cangi to be shouldering the load of the broadcast while Dano screams "OOoooohhOOOOhhooooh" over him

Then there's Cangi, probably the only part of the Pre/Post/Broadcast team I like. Though it occurred to me that he's honestly diminished by calling games alongside Dano, kind of like a Vatanen/Greene pairing. And one last note about Cangi: it seems to me that he loses his sh!t roughly twice as hard on goal calls as he used to in the past. I was watching some 11-12 highlights and his goal calls were pretty monotone across the board. Nowadays he really gets his hyena on and I can't say I hate it  

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, cgb6397 said:

I was going down the line thinking about the Devils broadcast team last night and it occurred to me that I'm either a terrible pessimist or they seriously might be the all-time worst group of individuals assembled for TV outside of the Jersey Shore. 

Salvador is comically bad at putting his thoughts together, it's really cringeworthy hearing him on the mic, but I do get a kick out of how quickly he says "PissburgPenwins" 

Dano has hardly gotten better as a color commentator, though some of his shortcomings have become kind of endearing, as he is Mr.Devil and you really can't tack much against him. Next time there is a scramble in front of net or some hectic play, listen for Cangi to be shouldering the load of the broadcast while Dano screams "OOoooohhOOOOhhooooh" over him

Then there's Cangi, probably the only part of the Pre/Post/Broadcast team I like. Though it occurred to me that he's honestly diminished by calling games alongside Dano, kind of like a Vatanen/Greene pairing. And one last note about Cangi: it seems to me that he loses his sh!t roughly twice as hard on goal calls as he used to in the past. I was watching some 11-12 highlights and his goal calls were pretty monotone across the board. Nowadays he really gets his hyena on and I can't say I hate it  

although I still like Deb, everybody's favorite airhead

2 hours ago, aclc79 said:

Ever listen to the All-Access PodCast?   He sounds so full of himself.  And Amanda is so gullible sometimes when she believes the stuff coming out his mouth.  I thought she was sharper than that.

Nope and never plan to, having him on the broadcasts is bad enough lol from that little I've seen from Amanda she doesn't look like she's worth listening too. 

There's just too much content. Between the broadcasts and coming here and hf boards that's enough for me lol

Cangi does well to get excited. [emoji14]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cangi has grown on me, he does the Red Bulls games too so I basically listen to him all year long. I especially appreciate his work more when I hear some of these other announcers around the league who are absolutely horrid. 

I've said this before but I'd like to see Weekes on the broadcast, he's smart, well spoken and has some humor. I don't hate Kenny like some do but he definitely struggles the further the game goes along with his voice and even more so after back to back games. I think he smokes cigars still so that definitely doesn't help. 

2 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Cangi has grown on me, he does the Red Bulls games too so I basically listen to him all year long. I especially appreciate his work more when I hear some of these other announcers around the league who are absolutely horrid. 

I've said this before but I'd like to see Weekes on the broadcast, he's smart, well spoken and has some humor. I don't hate Kenny like some do but he definitely struggles the further the game goes along with his voice and even more so after back to back games. I think he smokes cigars still so that definitely doesn't help. 

He does still smoke according to this article I just read! timing...  https://www.nhl.com/devils/news/wwes-goldberg-parties-with-the-devils-an-oral-history/c-297481164

KEN DANEYKO: The celebratory victory cigars, even Scott Niedermayer had one lit. I knew it was a special moment because I never thought I'd see a lit cigar in Neider's mouth. I don't want to say it was my idea, we did it in '95. I know Marty (Brodeur) had one back then. I've enjoyed them after, as people know, in my retirement. It's kind of my relaxing vice you could say. It's just a tradition in a lot of sports and we took part of it. Even Lou (Lamoriello) let us do that. You know it was all over and done with if Lou let us do it. Everyone knows how disciplined Lou is. Well, anything went after you win.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

For the record, I find the Kessel hate to be equally as ridiculous. Guy has been a stud in this league for 12 years, and people still like to pick on his weight (even though he's still a very fast skater), etc. 

10 years in a row with 50+ points, 20+ goals, 25+ assists. Played every game for the last 8 seasons in a row and another season earlier in his career, and never fewer than 70 games.  neither Crosby nor Maklin can say all of that. 

734 points in 920 games. 

I'd have that guy on my roster any day of the week. 

All that and he beat testicular cancer. 

7 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

For the record, I find the Kessel hate to be equally as ridiculous. Guy has been a stud in this league for 12 years, and people still like to pick on his weight (even though he's still a very fast skater), etc. 

10 years in a row with 50+ points, 20+ goals, 25+ assists. Played every game for the last 8 seasons in a row and another season earlier in his career, and never fewer than 70 games.  neither Crosby nor Maklin can say all of that. 

734 points in 920 games. 

He's also shown the ability to raise his game come playoff time.  A lot of guys can't say that.

And yeah, the guy just doesn't miss games.  He's had a fine career.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

He's also shown the ability to raise his game come playoff time.  A lot of guys can't say that.

And yeah, the guy just doesn't miss games.  He's had a fine career.

No doubt those locker room cancer stories were over blown. I was advocating here that we take a run at him when the trade rumors started.. all he did was go to pitt and put them over the top again.. guy has been a top scorer in the league for a long time

fyi, looking at the slomo replay again, that was a deliciously dirty play by travis :)

19 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

734 points in 920 games. 

It's mostly the Canadian media that picks on his weight.  I thought his drop-the-mic response last year was hilarious though.

https://deadspin.com/phil-kessel-fills-stanley-cup-with-hot-dogs-to-own-toro-1797838774

• Like 1

No doubt those locker room cancer stories were over blown. I was advocating here that we take a run at him when the trade rumors started.. all he did was go to pitt and put them over the top again.. guy has been a top scorer in the league for a long time
fyi, looking at the slomo replay again, that was a deliciously dirty play by travis [emoji4]

I think Pittsburgh was a perfect fit for Kessel because he doesn’t need to be THE guy there. He’s much better when he’s asked to be a complimentary piece, as opposed to the straw that stirs the drink.

50 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I think Pittsburgh was a perfect fit for Kessel because he doesn’t need to be THE guy there. He’s much better when he’s asked to be a complimentary piece, as opposed to the straw that stirs the drink.

His stats are pretty consistent, but he had some pretty good seasons in Toronto. 

His stats are pretty consistent, but he had some pretty good seasons in Toronto. 

Yeah he did, but he had a lot of undue pressure on him in Toronto. He was expected to carry them. He’s not a ‘carry a team’ type of player.

idk why they tried to force the whole "Devils All-Access podcast" after hiring the DevilsInsiders guys last year.  Basically a "oh lets see how these guys do it and we'll make our own sh!tty version.."   Just bring Jeff and Dave on to do it and sponsor their podcast.  They're smarter than Arcal anyway

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Thanks a great point dog, but lets look at where he was, crazy town toronto,,  he could score 60 goals and theyd still be pissed lol

• Like 1