2018 UFA Thread

Derlique

2 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

as for d. don't sign moore and I will call it a good day. 

According to the crack reporters over at the NY Post, our top 6 D are all set. I really hope that is not true. 

https://nypost.com/2018/06/30/devils-have-the-money-to-keep-momentum-going-in-free-agency/?utm_campaign=iosapp&utm_source=pasteboard_app

This is the second time I've seen this the past few days... I guess it would get us a 3rd rounder next year anyway... 

David Pagnotta‏ @TheFourthPeriod 

Contracts talks between the Anaheim Ducks and Adam Henrique are still in the early stages, but they’re working on an extension.

And this BIG news: Renaud Lavoie‏ @renlavoietva 

Dalton Prout extension contract with the Flames. One year deal at $800 000 (one way) #tvasports

2 minutes ago, LittleBallofHate said:

This is the second time I've seen this the past few days... I guess it would get us a 3rd rounder next year anyway... 

Contracts talks between the Anaheim Ducks and Adam Henrique are still in the early stages, but they’re working on an extension.

Just don't see how Rico fits in here with the money he's going to want.

Maybe we can get him on the next contract to play Zajac's current role.

...or we can get rid of Zajac and bring Rico back right away.

47 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

I really hope we get jvr. I think he will fit right in. 

maroon would be nice as well. 

as for d. don't sign moore and I will call it a good day. 

2 minutes ago, LittleBallofHate said:

And this BIG news: Renaud Lavoie‏ @renlavoietva 

Dalton Prout extension contract with the Flames. One year deal at $800 000 (one way) #tvasports

Our D is set without Moore. We need to bring in someone better for the top pair but have plenty of players to fill Moore's slot. Rumor is he is getting a pay day to and we don't need to get in a bidding war for him. Let him walk. 

Boo Rico. I'm still in the come home Rico camp. 

1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Just don't see how Rico fits in here with the money he's going to want.

Maybe we can get him on the next contract to play Zajac's current role.

...or we can get rid of Zajac and bring Rico back right away.

Zajac isn't going anywhere. He's one of our best defensive forwards and top face off guys. True role guy. Idk why people suggest he's the next guy out. I thought he did a good job proving why he's so important after he settled in last season. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Zajac isn't going anywhere. He's one of our best defensive forwards and top face off guys. True role guy. Idk why people suggest he's the next guy out. I thought he did a good job proving why he's so important after he settled in last season. 

I’ve been a harsh critic of Zajac, but just because he had been used wrong for years. I do not want him as my 1C. He’s fine as a 3C. But I think he’s our 2C. 

I do not want him off the team. The only guy I feel that way about is our captain.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Looks like JVR back to Philly:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fvck him. I hope he rapes their cap and his career tanks. It probably won't, but a Devils fan can hope. fvck him all the same. I thought there was a strong possibility of this because I remember reading how close JVRs family was with people in the Flyers org even for years before he made it to the NHL.

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

fvck him. I hope he rapes their cap and his career tanks. It probably won't, but a Devils fan can hope. fvck him all the same. I thought there was a strong possibility of this because I remember reading how close JVRs family was with people in the Flyers org even for years before he made it to the NHL.

Cherry Hill born and raised IIRC. 

Flyers territory.

12 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

I have no interest in anyone other than deHann, now. Any significant addition needs to be via trade, and that sucks. 

The metro is getting better and we’re getting worse (I am assuming Maroon is signing in st Louis). Long offseason to go, but so far not so good. 

We can all whine and cry about the Devils not bringing in big ticket FA’s like other rivals, but the fact that the Devils are building one of the strongest minor league systens is far more valuable than bringing in big time FA’s.

As Aaron Rodgers famously said............

R-E-L-A-X

• Like 5