GDT: Detroit Rock Sh!tties @ Your...New Jersey Devils

Colorado Rockies 1976

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

My interaction with an idiot at Shake Shack:

Idiot: (Noticing my jersey) Hey man, did they win today?

Me: I dont know, I’m recording it. I was so worried you were going to ruin it by telling me the score. 

Idiot: (Pulls our his phone): They lost 3-2 in overtime. 

Me: Thanks D!ckhead.

I know I owe at least $10, was it just the one point? What’s the PayPal address for donating?

That’s fvcked up. Sorry man at least you didn’t miss some fabulous win

24 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Btw, how has Miles Wood managed to escape this board’s rath? It’s almost Thanksgiving and he has one goal. This after holding out and getting a pretty nice contract. Dude needs to pick it the fvck up.

Most alarming thing is it's not like he's creating prime scoring chances for himself but has been snakebit.  Occasionally you see the speed, but not that much else so far.  Yeah he's off to a disappointing start.

He is getting shots on goal, for whatever that's worth.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Btw, how has Miles Wood managed to escape this board’s rath? It’s almost Thanksgiving and he has one goal. This after holding out and getting a pretty nice contract. Dude needs to pick it the fvck up.

Because more is expected from Zacha and Johansson and they have been sh!tting the bed. 

You’re not wrong though. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

https://paypal.me/njdevs

Thanks, Kinky already paid up too.

No my man, thank you. 

I’d have paid sooner but I’ve been out and about.

Also, forgot how much I was supposed to donate so I sent it in 2 parts, sorry about that. 

Also, that’s game 1 of the 3 game streak needed for the next level of the bet!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Had to be a Ranger fan...doesn't matter if he did it because he's stupid or because he was being a d!ck...both shoes fit.

My daughter met Dano today and got her picture taken with him...she was thrilled.  Fun moment.  

He said he was a Devils fan but you could be right, he had the correct douche level. 

Very cool for your daughter, that must’ve been great. First Devil I ever met in person too!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Top line has done plenty this season.  They're not going to find the net every game.

unfortunately they are our only consistent group on the ice, and we need goals .. when they are negative we lose

Id be interested to know where they stand in GPG against other top lines

9 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

unfortunately they are our only consistent group on the ice, and we need goals .. when they are negative we lose

Id be interested to know where they stand in GPG against other top lines

This is why guys like Wood and MoJo REALLY need to start finding the damned net very soon.  I wouldn't be all that surprised if MoJo gets dealt in the next 15 games or so for another pending UFA-to-be that isn't currently lighting up either...one of those "What the hell why not?" kinds of deals GMs sometimes make.  I think he's playing his way out of the Devils' plans beyond this season.

Hopefully Bratt starts finding the net...obviously hasn't scored yet in the early going, but he's looked good, and he's getting his shots (11 in GP). 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

This is why guys like Wood and MoJo REALLY need to start finding the damned net very soon.  I wouldn't be all that surprised if MoJo gets dealt in the next 15 games or so for another pending UFA-to-be that isn't currently lighting up either...one of those "What the hell why not?" kinds of deals GMs sometimes make.  I think he's playing his way out of the Devils' plans beyond this season.

Hopefully Bratt starts finding the net...obviously hasn't scored yet in the early going, but he's looked good, and he's getting his shots (11 in GP). 

The value is obviously way off but what about packaging MoJo with some assets to Toronto for Nylander? Toronto gets a roster player plus for a guy who is not going to sign there.

Probably not but still pipe dreams are fun when you’re sleep deprived.

8 hours ago, jagknife said:

The value is obviously way off but what about packaging MoJo with some assets to Toronto for Nylander? Toronto gets a roster player plus for a guy who is not going to sign there.

Probably not but still pipe dreams are fun when you’re sleep deprived.

Don't see the Leafs having much interest in a soon-to-be-UFA who's started slow (after an injury-plagued season in 2017-18)...all conversations would probably start with Bratt + others. 

I think if MoJo were to get moved, it would be for someone that wouldn't excite initially, but someone who had at least shown some production in the past...and not someone signed long-term.  This is obviously going back quite some time, but think a Corey Millen for Neal Broten type move.  You hope the guy who you get back simply does more than the guy who was moved for him, but if you get really lucky, your new player surprises the hell out of you and well exceeds expectations (even if it's only a short-term burst). 

One proposal that would be interesting but will NOT happen (due to Maroon's personal situation and the fact that he's now on IR) would be a one-for-one Johansson for Maroon swap.  Both are on expiring deals, and one guy seemed to fit in just a little bit better with the Devils. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

One proposal that would be interesting but will NOT happen (due to the Maroon's personal situation and the fact that he's now on IR) would be a one-for-one Johansson for Maroon swap.  Both are on expiring deals, and one guy seemed to fit in just a little bit better with the Devils. 

That would be funny, he turned down a better contract to re-sign and he winds up back here anyway. Love it. 

21 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

We had a 2-0 lead, we dominated the game but couldn't finish more, and Detroit hit a few posts on top of that.

But according to some people (always the same people too), it's the refs fault lol 

That is true.   Like Harbaugh with Michigan football says: FINISH!