2019 Offseason Thread

Daniel

7 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

You’re forgetting that those sort of stories actually make rap artists MORE legit, not less. 

;) 

33 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Voted for Howl. Shove it up your ass, Devils business office dorks.

I won't beat up the Devils ownership over this, as they've gotten far more right than wrong since buying the team. 

BUT, I really hate when dweeby out-of-touch corporate lil' schleps get involved with sh!t that they should just steer clear of.  When they don't, you get disasters like The Diablos.  Sometimes certain people insist on fixing what isn't broken.

Hopefully, Howl will win (the song was fine, no reason to change it unless it's for change's sake), and these guys will just leave this alone for a while.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

And people made fun of those who flipped out about the jerseys changing...

i cant believe you guys care this much about a goal song lol

That’s our fan base, people flip out when anything changes. 

I haven’t voted for a goal song because I don’t care enough to fill out the form. 

Edited by mfitz804

9 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I still don't like the jerseys and I care about the goal song so I cover all the bases lol

I really just don't want to hear an irritating horrendous song several times a night all season long when I'm in the building. 

4 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I still don't like the jerseys and I care about the goal song so I cover all the bases lol

I really just don't want to hear an irritating horrendous song several times a night all season long when I'm in the building. 

Fvck that, if we are scoring several times a game all season long they can pay fvcking Love Shack or some sh!t. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

As far as the jerseys went, yeah, I wasn't happy about the new ones (still not a huge fan), and of course, some people automatically assumed that those who were opposed simply fear change by default.  My main beef was if you're going to fvck with something, then improve upon it.  My issue was that the new design felt like a downgrade, and it still does (though I can live with it). 

I can't honestly say that I'm super-duper passionate about the goal song, but I think Howl was working out very well, after a run of post-R&R Part II songs that never felt quite right.  I'm more in the "It's Fine, Just Leave It" camp.  Especially when the list I'm seeing sure doesn't scream "BETTER".  And it's not like there was a lot of calling for Howl to be replaced, so I can't but wonder what the point of changing it is. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

As far as the jerseys went, yeah, I wasn't happy about the new ones (still not a huge fan), and of course, some people automatically assumed that those who were opposed simply fear change by default.  My main beef was if you're going to fvck with something, then improve upon it.  My issue was that the new design felt like a downgrade, and it still does (though I can live with it). 

Many said they would never buy one. I’m sure some still feel that way. I don’t, neither do you. 

But those who were going to protest outside the arena, or burn down the owners’ houses, or whatever, I don’t believe they followed through with their fake outrage. 

Honestly I don’t think they were improved by the changes, but I’m still ok with them. I’ve become used to them and now hardly notice the difference. 

6 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Ray’s a fvcking gangster. 

It's funny, I almost get a "Wait a sec...we've been patient with you, given you plenty of chances even when you didn't necessarily earn them, and now you're gonna pull THIS sh!t with me?!  Oh HELL NO!" vibe from Ray on this one.  Obviously Ray's still plenty open to the idea of bringing him back, but he sounds like he's pretty close to getting fed up. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Many said they would never buy one. I’m sure some still feel that way. I don’t, neither do you. 

But those who were going to protest outside the arena, or burn down the owners’ houses, or whatever, I don’t believe they followed through with their fake outrage. 

Honestly I don’t think they were improved by the changes, but I’m still ok with them. I’ve become used to them and now hardly notice the difference. 

We've been over it, but the real killer with the new ones is that the only way to get a proper "authentic" is to buy a GW.  At least with those, you get a proper fit (and that makes a HUGE difference).  The off-the-rack versions are too smock-like and shapeless for my tastes. 

When it comes to GW, I still prefer Edges whenever I can get them, but I have nabbed some Adidas ones as well.  I like the white ones much more than the reds...the fat white stripes on the sleeves of the red push my "ugh" button.  But I still wear the ones that I have. 

The REAL "Bleech" for me right now is that I just snagged Zacha's McMullen Night jersey in July...as a leap of faith, that this was going to be a year where things really start to come together for him, no matter what the role.  If he does wind up going to the K, not sure that I could ever EVER wear that one out...or more to the point, would WANT to.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Still like him so far... Until he really signs elsewhere i still have hope for a great season from him. It's aggressive and stupid way of dealing for a contract, i 100% agree... And Shero is the real boss and got all the cards in his hand ! 
Sign Pavel and shut up ! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

We've been over it, but the real killer with the new ones is that the only way to get a proper "authentic" is to buy a GW.  At least with those, you get a proper fit (and that makes a HUGE difference).  The off-the-rack versions are too smock-like and shapeless for my tastes.

True, but that’s not the team nor the re-design’s fault, it’s the manufacturer not making them available at retail. Only a team or two has ordered extra to sell to the public. 

8 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The REAL "Bleech" for me right now is that I just snagged Zacha's McMullen Night jersey in July...as a leap of faith, that this was going to be a year where things really start to come together for him, no matter what the role.  If he does wind up going to the K, not sure that I could ever EVER wear that one out...or more to the point, would WANT to.

We still love you despite your flaws lol. 

36 minutes ago, Ralliart90 said:

Hall wants “Hip Hop Hooray” as the goal song lol

https://twitter.com/hallsy09/status/1171203356733452288?s=21

There's a poll on twitter asking if you like the 'you suck" chant included in goal song. I voted no, but the majority still wanted it. I want to say 55%-45%

Stay classy Devils fans

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

True, but that’s not the team nor the re-design’s fault, it’s the manufacturer not making them available at retail. Only a team or two has ordered extra to sell to the public. 

We still love you despite your flaws lol. 

Didn't say it was the fault of the team or the re-design, but that still doesn't help matters.  You could get Indo Edge jerseys that were extremely close to the real deal...maybe 90-95% accurate (and most fans wouldn't even know the differences between those and the "true" Canadian Edges).  Even if legit Adidas authentics were made available to us off the rack, I'm still not a fan of the new ones...like I've said, I don't hate them, just like the Edge look a lot more. 

re:  the bolded...heh heh, gotta admit, of all the things I imagined re:  Zacha, I never thought him leaving the Devils for the KHL was ever a possibility.  Obviously it isn't done yet, and it sounds like after Ray slaps him on the wrists and across the face a few times, there's still a chance that Zacha could be back.  I admit it, though I haven't been a major supporter of his, I'd hate to lose him mostly because I think he has the ability to be a solid 3C here for years to come, with much less pressure to be an offensive force.  I do think he can be a meaningful contributor, as long as people aren't looking for glamour numbers from him.

Saw this on HFBoards:

https://www.idnes.cz/hokej/nhl/hokej-nhl-pavel-zacha-nova-smlouva-new-jersey-khl-omsk.A190910_093840_nhl_cig

According to the above linked article (in Czech) Zacha agreed to a contract last night (edit: with the Devils), 3 years 7M total.  To be announced today.  Apparently the paper is pretty credible.

So we'll see.

Edited by Devilsfan118

28 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I don't care either way about the you suck chant but it's a hockey game not the opera.

I think we should also chant you suck at the opera. 

16 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I do think he can be a meaningful contributor, as long as people aren't looking for glamour numbers from him.

I feel like we say that every season. 

2 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Saw this on HFBoards:

https://www.idnes.cz/hokej/nhl/hokej-nhl-pavel-zacha-nova-smlouva-new-jersey-khl-omsk.A190910_093840_nhl_cig

According to the above linked article (in Czech) Zacha agreed to a contract last night, 3 years 7M total.  To be announced today.  Apparently the paper is pretty credible.

So we'll see.

With us or with the K??

• Haha 1