2019 IIHF World Championship

Nicomo

I’m glad that Cory and Severson might have gained some confidence going into next season.  Glad that Hughes likely learned a thing or two by playing with and against seasoned NHL pros, became more confident in his own abilities and at least temporarily shut up some of the more annoying Kakko fanboys.

Otherwise, I care more about the score of a Devils preseason game than I do about the outcome of this tournament.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Daniel said:

I’m glad that Cory and Severson might have gained some confidence going into next season.  Glad that Hughes likely learned a thing or two by playing with and against seasoned NHL pros, became more confident in his own abilities and at least temporarily shut up some of the more annoying Kakko fanboys.

Otherwise, I care more about the score of a Devils preseason game than I do about the outcome of this tournament.

oh my man.

This will literally never end. Unless one of those 2 players sh!t the bed it's going to be debated for decades. And everyone will be biased depending on who they decided to pick from the get go. Nobody will change their minds about it lol Whoever was team Crosby or team Ovechkin year and years ago are still having that debate to this day and nothing will change their mind lol

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

oh my man.

This will literally never end. Unless one of those 2 players sh!t the bed it's going to be debated for decades. And everyone will be biased depending on who they decided to pick from the get go. Nobody will change their minds about it lol Whoever was team Crosby or team Ovechkin year and years ago are still having that debate to this day and nothing will change their mind lol

The only thing I want, SD, is that once the Devils select Hughes....that we focus on what Hughes is doing and not what Kakko is doing in NY. 

Of course, as you correctly pointed out, that's easier said then done as they will be debated for as long as they are in the NHL on Rival teams and Organizations. 

Edited by glenwo2

7 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

The only thing I want, SD, is that once the Devils select Hughes....that we focus on what Hughes is doing and not what Kakko is doing in NY. 

Of course, as you correctly pointed out, that's easier said and done as they will be debated for as long as they are in the NHL on Rival teams and Organizations. 

Yeah, whether Kaako is better or not, there’s no way anyone won’t be focused on what he’s doing. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

Of course, as you correctly pointed out, that's easier said and done as they will be debated for as long as they are in the NHL on Rival teams and Organizations. 

Watching Kakko against our current defence next season might prove a bit too painful to stop that argument from happening! I have no doubt there will be some fans that call for Sheros head (althought not on this forum) the first time Kakko scores against us.

• Angry 1

4 hours ago, Aitchmack said:

Watching Kakko against our current defence next season might prove a bit too painful to stop that argument from happening! I have no doubt there will be some fans that call for Sheros head (althought not on this forum) the first time Kakko scores against us.

Ugh.   I can just imagine it happening, too.   

We will have a bunch of "I told you so's" from various fans(mainly Finnish fans) on twitter or other boards(don't know about this board, though), and Rangers fans out there would be saying "Thanks for Kakko" to Devils fans.  

Bah.    :rant:

55 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

no matter who is selected first overall people are going to bitch as soon as they see the 2nd overall having any type of success. for those of us that are part of the devils all day all night FB group, brace yourselves 

Your first mistake is being part of a stupid Facebook group.... those are dipsh!t central.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, glenwo2 said:

Ugh.   I can just imagine it happening, too.   

We will have a bunch of "I told you so's" from various fans(mainly Finnish fans) on twitter or other boards(don't know about this board, though), and Rangers fans out there would be saying "Thanks for Kakko" to Devils fans.  

Bah.    :rant:

Who cares..... remind them they’ve won one Cup since the invention of the telephone and move on with your life. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

oh my man.

Kakko is nowhere close to Ovechkin so just stop. Hughes on the other hand is closer to generational than KK. Also, no one outside of DC would argue that Ovechkin has been the better all around player than Crosby.

This has always been the Jack Hughes draft. NOBODY before the WC would have mentioned KK in any generational conversation. 

Edited by devlman
  • Like 2

It was a lousy draw, getting Russia so early.  

Had they drawn another team(even the Finland Kakkos), they might've at least gotten to the Semis.

It wasn't a lousy draw. The US were 4th in their group and consequently got the 1st place team from the other group

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Really surprised the Russians came up short. Thought they were the best team in the tournament by far. Them and the Czechs for bronze tomorrow. 

Guess I’ll root for Canada over Finland because of Severson. And I don’t want Kakko to win gold. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, devlman said:

Kakko is nowhere close to Ovechkin so just stop. Hughes on the other hand is closer to generational than KK. Also, no one outside of DC would argue that Ovechkin has been the better all around player than Crosby.

This has always been the Jack Hughes draft. NOBODY before the WC would have mentioned KK in any generational conversation. 

Why don't you stop putting words in my mouth? lol I never said Kakko was close to Ovechkin.

I said Hughes and Kakko will forever be compared to each others because of the Rangers/Devils rivalry. Just like the Ovechkin vs Crosby thing. 

But hey if you really think in 10 years Rangers fans won't be arguing and making arguments to suggest Kakko was the better player out of the 2, no matter how it went. Good for you pal, good for you.

Edited by SterioDesign

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

But hey if you really think in 10 years Rangers fans won't be arguing and making arguments to suggest Kakko was the better player out of the 2, no matter how it went. Good for you pal, good for you.

It’s easier just to tell a Rag fan to fvck off than actually listen to whatever drivel they try to convince you of.... I highly recommend it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

Why don't you stop putting words in my mouth? lol I never said Kakko was close to Ovechkin.

I said Hughes and Kakko will forever be compared to each others because of the Rangers/Devils rivalry. Just like the Ovechkin vs Crosby thing. 

In 10 years, as dumb as Ranger fans are, even they won’t think it’ll even be close enough to argue it. That’s not just my opinion but the opinion of every scouting service.

Edited by devlman

7 minutes ago, devlman said:

In 10 years, as dumb as Ranger fans are, even they won’t think it’ll even be close enough to argue it. That’s not just my opinion but the opinion of every scouting service.

Those dipsh!ts tried arguing for years that Richter was better than Marty lmfao. They’re the stupidest fan base in any sport on any planet in the universe. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Those dipsh!ts tried arguing for years that Richter was better than Marty lmfao. They’re the stupidest fan base in any sport on any planet in the universe. 

Marty gets no love outside of Devils fans in general. The idiots at HFB don’t even think he’s top 5 all time...

fvcking morons talk about him always having a HoF defense in front of him, but neglect to mention he won multiple Veznia’s AFTER Stevens and Niedermayer were gone. But hey, why let facts get in the way of a good narrative. 

*also Steelers fans give them a run for their money. Yinzers are the worst. :P

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Marty gets no love outside of Devils fans in general. The idiots at HFB don’t even think he’s top 5 all time...

fvcking morons talk about him always having a HoF defense in front of him, but neglect to mention he won multiple Veznia’s AFTER Stevens and Niedermayer were gone. But hey, why let facts get in the way of a good narrative. 

*also Steelers fans give them a run for their money. Yinzers are the worst. :P

I wouldn’t use HF as any kind of barometer with regards to intelligent hockey discussion. Anyone with a pulse and at least one functioning brain cell wouldn’t argue that the winningest goalie in the history of the sport isn’t in the all-time top 5 at his position. 

4 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Really surprised the Russians came up short. Thought they were the best team in the tournament by far. Them and the Czechs for bronze tomorrow. 

Guess I’ll root for Canada over Finland because of Severson. And I don’t want Kakko to win gold. 

Same here but don't forget about our old pal Rico (Adam Henrique) as well.  ;)

And Blackwood of course.

And yeah....I can do without the addition of Kakko GROUPIES out there in internet land shoving a Gold Medal in our faces whenever the Rags face the Devils.  ugh.

GO CANADA.....this time. 

9 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I wouldn’t use HF as any kind of barometer with regards to intelligent hockey discussion. Anyone with a pulse and at least one functioning brain cell wouldn’t argue that the winningest goalie in the history of the sport isn’t in the all-time top 5 at his position. 

Eh.  There are some smart individuals there, to be fair.  

But there are several that make you want to pull your hair out as far the Hughes / Kakko argument even though they all agree that the Devils will select Hughes.    (Aethon being one)

That said, aside from Trolls from other teams boards, No One from that Devils board believes Marty isn't Top 5 all-time.    No One.

(of course if you're referring to the MAIN Board, then all bets are off.  That's a Cesspool of SUCK if I've ever seen one. )

Edited by glenwo2
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Yeah but they played the trap defense his entire career. And they still do now, it’s so boring. 

;) 

33 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Eh.  There are some smart individuals there, to be fair.  

But there are several that make you want to pull your hair out as far the Hughes / Kakko argument even though they all agree that the Devils will select Hughes.    (Aethon being one)

That said, aside from Trolls from other teams boards, No One from that Devils board believes Marty isn't Top 5 all-time.    No One.

(of course if you're referring to the MAIN Board, then all bets are off.  That's a Cesspool of SUCK if I've ever seen one. )

I was. The Devils board is fine for the most part, although I just lurk , I don’t post there.... the main board will cause your brain to melt. I’m convinced at least three quarters of the posters on there don’t know how to tie their shoes. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, devlman said:

Well scouting service can only predict so much. We simply don't know yet how it's going to play out over the next decade. Not as if it's impossible that Kakko ends up being the best player. Or hell some random player from the draft.

In 2011 all the scouts had RNH first overall way ahead of the rest.

"Excellent vision and hockey IQ. Gretzky-esque playmaking abilities. The most complete player in the draft. Has the ability to make his linemates and teammates around him better. Can be in the NHL as soon as the 2011-12 NHL season. Only knock on him is his size (6'0") and weight (170). Needs to add atleast 20 pounds to reach his full potential. A future #1 Center in the NHL."

And Landeskog was projected somewhere between 2-4. Then you have guys like Kucherov and Gaudreau who were picked in the 2nd and 4th round and they are true superstars in the league now.

So let's not pretend like anything is set in stone, wtv gap there is between players when they are 18 years old can drastically change in the next few years. Some are blooming later than others and some are already close to their ceiling.

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1