GDT (Preseason): Devils vs. Bruins and @ Habs - 7PM

Devs3cups

22 minutes ago, devlman said:

We’ve also had dual goal songs before. Can’t remember which years at the CAA but RnR2 was the primary song and whoomp there it is was a goal song that would be played if it was a game where we were scoring a ton.

I remember them doing that in 1994.  I also remember a game (either during the 92-93 or 93-94 season) where the Devils scored 7 goals, and for some reason, on the 6th goal, out of nowhere, the late 80s-early 90s "galactic" Devils goal horn was played, instead of the new one (the one that didn't make the trip from CAA to the Rock).  It was weird.

Strongly suspect it was this game...the reason being that I remember Nicholls scoring to make it 6-1 (that was the goal that for some reason dusted off the old goal horn):

https://www.hockey-reference.com/boxscores/199403260NJD.html

20 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Another thing I really liked was Subban's reaction after the OT goal. He was pumped. That enthusiasm can go a long way with a young team

He seems to be almost intoxicatedly (if that's even a word) happy to be playing hockey here.  Maybe even more than Palms, and that guy absolutely LOVES it here. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Triumph said:

You suck is not 20-25 years old, c'mon now.  It's 10 years old.  And it sucks.  It's a tradition 'stolen' from hockey hotbed Nashville (and maybe some college teams or something).

The islander fans used to do the you suck chant, and once they stopped for some dumb reason devils fans took it.

8 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Did we have any other building before the Rock I’m forgetting about ? 😉

Nope. Different name, yes, but the same building. 

I remember feeling annoyed when they announced the move to Newark. But now I think it’s WAY more convenient for me to get to and I’m very happy we are where we are. 

McLeod does everything and fights for his rights in such tightly staffed team, but with all new toys everybody talk about heysucking tradition on arena. (I’m not against that, just some attention for highlander)

Cmon, guys, Simmonds isn’t here forever, Hall or Gusev - most likely one will go out in this year or two. We have big group of small forwards, I think our speedy guy with  deserve another chance. He was only one man who shows something in preseason and prospect game that we didn’t expect.