GDT: Red Wings @ Devils 7PM

Nicomo

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Hey, at least we’ve seen Seney can score some goals in the NHL. I’d take him over John Hayden. 

Or Boqvist. 

23 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

bratt and zacha better be hurt.

I think I have been quite kind, but Zacha has been a ghost, and Bratt has as well. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Who hasn't been a ghost. This whole team blows but benching Zacha and Bratt isn't the answer. 

I love it because in every GDT people will pop in and just be like "(insert player) has been completely invisible. They need to step it up" and you could essentially put in any name on the team and it would make sense. That kind of proves a point that it's a team wide issue so trying to pin it on one, or even a few, guys is fruitless. The TEAM is lost. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I love it because in every GDT people will pop in and just be like "(insert player) has been completely invisible. They need to step it up" and you could essentially put in any name on the team and it would make sense. That kind of proves a point that it's a team wide issue so trying to pin it on one, or even a few, guys is fruitless. The TEAM is lost. 

I’m not saying that it’s JUST those guys, or that benching them is the answer. But when the guys in question have done jack sh!t for weeks, I don’t find benching them so offensive. Maybe it shakes them up a little.

if you don’t know Zacha and Bratt have not been doing anything for an extended period of time, you aren’t watching the games. 

Not that anyone can blame you for that. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m not saying that it’s JUST those guys, or that benching them is the answer. But when the guys in question have done jack sh!t for weeks, I don’t find benching them so offensive. Maybe it shakes them up a little.

if you don’t know Zacha and Bratt have not been doing anything for an extended period of time, you aren’t watching the games. 

Not that anyone can blame you for that. 

I'm watching the games, I just don't understand what benching two guys will do when the entire team could be benched based on the same criteria. It's almost like those two guys aren't the issue and it's like.... Something else.

So if benching them to put in guys like Hayden and Seeney won't fix anything, why bother doing it? Just to fvck with the lines and make it look like you're doing something? Hynes is already doing that. 

It is possible he just took a line from George Costanza's playbook and thinks walking around looking angry will make people think he's busy. 

• Like 2

I think it sends even more of a message when the message is - hey you're sitting so we can play 2 plugs in your place. I think the message comes not only from Hynes but from Fitz and Shero too.  Now I don't think it can stop here, like you've pointed out almost every one on the roster has been disappointing so going forward they too should receive the same message which to me is wake the fvck up or sit the fvck down nobody gets a free pass.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Guess again

LOL

As much as I like both Bratt & Zacha they've not done a whole since the first couple of games. I'm pretty sure Hynes changing lines every single game isn't helping anyone though.

I guess Seney has had a good start to the AHL season so may bring a spark but I've seen enough of Hayden to know he brings sweet FA.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I'm watching the games, I just don't understand what benching two guys will do when the entire team could be benched based on the same criteria. It's almost like those two guys aren't the issue and it's like.... Something else.

So if benching them to put in guys like Hayden and Seeney won't fix anything, why bother doing it? Just to fvck with the lines and make it look like you're doing something? Hynes is already doing that. 

It is possible he just took a line from George Costanza's playbook and thinks walking around looking angry will make people think he's busy. 

It won’t make them play better tonight. It MIGHT make Pavel and Jesper play better NEXT time. Have you never heard of benching a guy to try to light a fire under his ass??

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

It won’t make them play better tonight. It MIGHT make Pavel and Jesper play better NEXT time. Have you never heard of benching a guy to try to light a fire under his ass??

Yea, it's worked well so far right? Maybe if we had a decent coach the entire lineup wouldn't need to be benched to grt a fire lit under their asses. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Or Boqvist. 

I think I have been quite kind, but Zacha has been a ghost, and Bratt has as well. 

Bratt is at least always a threat to score though. 4 goals in 18 GP. More than Hall, Nico, and PK, in less games too. 

1 hour ago, pumpkin cutter said:

knowing him. probably. If bratt is traded I will be so pissed. just got his damn jersey this year too. 

Yeah, I’d be pissed too (depending on the return). Nico, Hughes, and Bratt are definitely my favorite players on this team, and should be part of the core going forward. 

30 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

As much as I like both Bratt & Zacha they've not done a whole since the first couple of games. I'm pretty sure Hynes changing lines every single game isn't helping anyone though.

Good point. Hard to build any kind of chemistry or consistency when you're always switching line mates.