GDT: Devils vs. Capitals, Friday 12/20/19, 7:00pm ET, Retro Night

mfitz804

5 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Despite the score, it doesn’t even look like we’re playing the same sport as Washington.

I completely disagree.  The Caps may have more puck possession, but it's clear the Devils are playing much more sound defensively than they have been 10-20 games ago.  I'd still like to see them tighten up some of the soft clearing attempts, but overall it looks like they're all relatively in sync and I see most players where they should be.  

Edited by NJDfan1711

6 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

Maybe the Devils have realized that being a team and not relying on star power is the way to go.

It sure looks like it.  Everyone looks like they're pitching in, giving effort, and doing a job.

Specifically on D we're clogging up in front of the net really well, limiting them to mostly shots from the point, and also blocking shots.  

Huge opportunity go to up 2-0 here.  A two goal lead to enter the period would be a huge confidence boost.  Let's do it!

15 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I completely disagree.  The Caps may have more puck possession, but it's clear the Devils are playing much more sound defensively than they have been 10-20 games ago.  I'd still like to see them tighten up some of the soft clearing attempts, but overall it looks like they're all relatively in sync and I see most players where they should be.  

True, but when caps scored 2 in a row all of the D were just spectators.

3 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Can't fault Blackwood for that one.  We need to play tighter on the points.  It's been our achillies heel all season.  We did good for 18 minutes so far, but it's too easy when they have that much time to shoot, and it usually results in some easy goals, like that one.

Our guys obviously can't outplay their defense so no need to be cute. Shoot more and something good may happen.