Doc Emrick - The Voice of Hockey 2/21 5PM NBC

Nicomo

This show makes you realize how flat-out LOVED he is by so many.  And that’s not one bit surprising.

Glad I decided to watch this.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, John Wensink said:

I love him as much as any player this team has ever had and I loved a bunch of these knuckleheads.

Having had the pleasure of meeting him, I can say say the same. He is truly a special human being. Everything you see is genuine. He’s as genuine a person as you will ever meet.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Having had the pleasure of meeting him, I can say say the same. He is truly a special human being. Everything you see is genuine. He’s as genuine a person as you will ever meet.

I met him only very briefly, when Chico  signed my blue Rockies Resch jersey.  Chico was fighting a hell of a cold (his voice was a mess), but Chico being Chico, he offered to sign it as soon as he saw what I was wearing.  He led me up to his broadcast area (this was back in the CAA), and Doc saw me and chuckled “He’ll sign anything you want, just don’t ask him to talk!”  Wish I could’ve had a brief chat with Doc, but they were due back on air.

Another great memory I have of Doc is during a game where the Devils were getting slammed by the Penguins 5-0...game was winding down in the second half of the third period, and a good chunk of the crowd had left...I walked into the Fire Lounge mostly because security seemed to have lost interest, and could see Doc and Chico working the game.  Even though he didn’t show it too much in his voice, you could tell Doc was frustrated by what he seeing...as one point, after a particularly ugly sequence, he gave his desk a smack and just shook his head.  Made me realize that just like Chico, there was a lot of fan in him too.  And that he was right there with all of us, in what we were feeling.

• Like 4

I have 2 pictures in particular on my Devils shelf that I'm proud of and they were both taken on the same night. Me and my friend decided to wait out the crowd after a win and just walk around the concourse until we were asked to leave. After a few laps, we turn the corner where the Jack Daniels bar is now and I see Doc walking towards us with his trenchcoat and what looks to be an insanely heavy satchel/briefcase.

Not wanting to bother him I simply say, "Hey Doc! Heck of a game!"

He drops his bag and proceeds to shoot the sh!t with us for about 10-15 minutes and actually took the interest into asking what careers we were looking into and what we wanted to do with them. Truly a class act. Took a picture with all of us and left on his merry way. 

Fast forward 3 minutes and we wander into the bar area and Chico catches us. I think he kept us there for a good 40 minutes just bullsh!tting where it got to the point where the ushers came up and this poor old lady had to be like "Scuse me, Mister Chico? We're closing the doors soon" 

• Like 2