GDT: Devils @ Penguins 4/24/21 12:30pm NHLN, MSG+

NJDfan1711

Stop me if you've heard this before....a win would be nice, but I expect a blowout.

$5 to the site if we don't give up a goal in the first 5 minutes.

Also, today's fun fact....our team leader in points (Zacha) has just 25 - good for last in the league.  (Reinhart has 33 for the Sabres, Vrana for Detroit has 31, Batherson for Ottawa has 30, Forsberg for Nashville has 29, and Comtois for Anaheim has 28).   If that's not alarming and sad, I don't know what is. 

Oh, and Eric Comrie is in net today.  Hope someone already gave him the memo that 6 goals will be scored on him today.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Oh, and Eric Comrie is in net today.  Hope someone already gave him the memo that 6 goals will be scored on him today.  

Message sent to Wedge and Dell; you aren’t even good enough to backup on a soon to be last place in the league team. 

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Message sent to Wedge and Dell; you aren’t even good enough to backup on a soon to be last place in the league team. 

Yep. However, it appears the link I saw that said Comrie was starting is incorrect (New Jersey Devils vs. Pittsburgh Penguins 12:30 pm April 24, 2021 Preview (moneypuck.com), and it looks like Blackwood is in fact in net:  Amanda Stein on Twitter: "Mackenzie Blackwood is good to go for #NJDevils today in Pittsburgh." / Twitter

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

LGD. When the hell did we get Eric Comrie back? 

We didn't, my mistake - I was looking at the the starting goalies and the first link I saw said Comrie, which I thought was weird.  He's not even on the depth chart lol, no idea how they screwed that up.  But, we do have Cormier...maybe he'll be in net tomorrow.

• Like 1

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

Yep. However, it appears the link I saw that said Comrie was starting is incorrect (New Jersey Devils vs. Pittsburgh Penguins 12:30 pm April 24, 2021 Preview (moneypuck.com), and it looks like Blackwood is in fact in net:  Amanda Stein on Twitter: "Mackenzie Blackwood is good to go for #NJDevils today in Pittsburgh." / Twitter

Eric Comrie isn’t even in the organization anymore.

Btw for those of you with an Athletic subscription, you should go read Masisak’s latest mailbag. Lots of good stuff, and a lot of people on here need to read it for perspective. I was one of those people. Go read that sh!t if you can.

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

We didn't, my mistake - I was looking at the the starting goalies and the first link I saw said Comrie, which I thought was weird.  He's not even on the depth chart lol, no idea how they screwed that up.  But, we do have Cormier...maybe he'll be in net tomorrow.

I totally confused Comrie and Cormier. It’s one extra “r”, easy mistake. 

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

So now Siegenthaler is in Covid protocol. Colton White is making his NHL debut. Good luck kid, you’re gonna need it.

Well we’re trying to tank and his advanced stats show he is so effective, so he has to sit. 

20 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Well we’re trying to tank and his advanced stats show he is so effective, so he has to sit. 

Re:Siegenthaler

Maybe but he makes my eye balls burn every time he's on the ice.  I'm pretty sure he's got whiplash in addition to the whole covid protocol thing.  Very weird how some teams seem to avoid covid almost completely especially lately while others don't and some get wiped out.

And as long as Foote sits I'm fine with anything else they do. 

Edited by titans04