official off topic thread

pumpkin cutter

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah I'm with you on the bolded...I'm very accepting of a lot of what amounts to gender re-definition (I have a trans employee), but plural pronouns for singular entities are too much for me.  It gets to a point where I simply think "I have don't have to accept every single new way of gender identities on YOUR terms."

I'm never going to go out of my way to insult or confront anyone insisting on being referred to as "they/them", but doesn't mean that I don't think that part of it is a bit much.  

That's kind of the problem now. From what im seeing, MOST people are pretty open to common sense stuff. And willing to bend to some extent on this kind of stuff. 

But just like anything, too many people on the extreme are pushing it too far.

Like it's totally fine if someone who identify as "wtv" in their bios and all, you can do wtv you want. But now too many people expect EVERYONE to do it. And if they are not doing it they are perceived as transphobe or wtv. Or as if they are taking a stance AGAINST those groups for not doing it. Like jesus christ.......

And i know for a fact a LOT of friends who work with the public who felt pressured into doing it for that very reason. That's not right

8 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Personal opinion, I'll call you whatever you want me to call you. But I shouldn't be expected to know what that is if you haven't told me.

If you look like a woman, wear makeup like a woman, wear a dress like a woman, have long hair like a woman, wear women's shoes, have a husband and two kids, and you identify as an avocado, don't be offended if I call you "her", just tell me you're an avocado and next time I will call you an avocado.  Nothing to get upset about. 

Well then. Please call me "The Honorable SterioDesign" from now on. Thank you.

18 hours ago, bobilly45 said:

Not sure if the owners care more about the hockey team, or promoting to buy JUST black.   

Every single day.

Besides this being something that I don't even see why anyone would have an issue with, just browsing their Twitter and Instagram they aren't even doing this every day.

Plus the people who work in marketing and community outreach for the Devils aren't the ones who are running hockey operations but like.... You should know this. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

@mfitz804

you're welcome 

On a show called “Strange And Unusual Deaths”, some guy was watching something on TV that he found so hysterical that he actually died laughing (he couldn’t catch his breath and couldn’t reign himself in).  

I fully expect that mfitz will now follow in that man’s groundbreaking footsteps.  

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

@Nicomo you ready my dude? This is gonna be intense tonight.

00115A1D-6766-4E35-9B46-49A817AECC6A.webp

It’s so bittersweet. I’m sad to be leaving this universe for good, but it’s also going out on top. So few shows maintain their quality for 6 seasons like this. 

The worst part is I have to work tonight so I can’t even watch it right away. I will have to avoid spoilers like the plague. 

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 1

Very excited for the Artemis program but tentatively so. August 29th and the 30 days to follow it will be vital in deciding whether or not we return to the moon. If this unmanned mission is successful, it will travel to the moon, swing around it using it's gravity, and then loop around about 40,000 miles away before returning back to the moon and using it's gravity again to slingshot it back to Earth.

If it's successful, we could potentially see the same mission with a manned crew as soon as 2025, which would set records for the farthest distance that human beings themselves have been from Earth.

If THAT suceeds, we could witness another manned moon landing as soon as 2026, which is very optimistic; and could potentially involve some form of remote orbiting station; kind of like a drone version a command module and the L.R.O. combined. Very exciting times to live in. 

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Very excited for the Artemis program but tentatively so. August 29th and the 30 days to follow it will be vital in deciding whether or not we return to the moon. If this unmanned mission is successful, it will travel to the moon, swing around it using it's gravity, and then loop around about 40,000 miles away before returning back to the moon and using it's gravity again to slingshot it back to Earth.

If it's successful, we could potentially see the same mission with a manned crew as soon as 2025, which would set records for the farthest distance that human beings themselves have been from Earth.

If THAT suceeds, we could witness another manned moon landing as soon as 2026, which is very optimistic; and could potentially involve some form of remote orbiting station; kind of like a drone version a command module and the L.R.O. combined. Very exciting times to live in. 

found a fellow nerd!

I think we will see a mars landing within 20 years. really hope i get to see it. 

safe to assume you watch for all mankind on apple tv?

Edited by pumpkin cutter

On 8/19/2022 at 11:15 PM, pumpkin cutter said:

found a fellow nerd!

I think we will see a mars landing within 20 years. really hope i get to see it. 

safe to assume you watch for all mankind on apple tv?

Actually I've never been much of a space show kinda guy, as much as I love astronomy. Worth the apple subscription?

Speaking of TV, House of the Dragon premieres tonight and I'm super psyched about it. This series could be redemption from the abysmal last few seasons of GoT.

TLDR: I'm very excited for some H.o.t. D.