GDT - Devils @ Canucks 10:00pm MSG+ MSG+2

NJDfan1711

Late game tonight.  See if we can extend our streak against Vancouver to, what, 12 in a row? 13 in a row? 

I hope Gilles actually gets the start tonight - Daws deserves a night off, and we'll want him fresh against a tough Calgary team tomorrow night.

Is Wood back in the line up tonight?  I think he made the trip with the team.  Curious who becomes a healthy scratch if he's back.  Maybe Vesey?  Or Johnsson?  

16 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Late game tonight.  See if we can extend our streak against Vancouver to, what, 12 in a row? 13 in a row? 

I hope Gilles actually gets the start tonight - Daws deserves a night off, and we'll want him fresh against a tough Calgary team tomorrow night.

Is Wood back in the line up tonight?  I think he made the trip with the team.  Curious who becomes a healthy scratch if he's back.  Maybe Vesey?  Or Johnsson?  

33 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

It would be nice if Johnsson is traded so there won't need to be a healthy scratch 

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Nah. Just let Daws have both. LGD. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Nah. Just let Daws have both. LGD. 

Agree, Devils are off both Thurs and Fri, and they've been off since last Saturday.  They have a game coming up this Sat afternoon (in Edmonton), and won't play again after that until Tues...schedule hasn't really all that punishing, though that's going to change...some back-to-backs coming up.    

Good test to see how the kid does in a back-to-back...if it doesn't work out, OK...Devils can always pull him if he doesn't have it.  One poor start's not going to kill him...every young goalie has them.   

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Exactly. Dude is 20. He has energy to burn. 

21 actually (as of December 2021), but yeah, plenty young.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

LGD.

I get my wisdom teeth out today. I hope they don't make this game painful too.

Oh man good luck with that...I had that done when I was 17.  One tooth was particularly bad, so my face swelled up unevenly...I looked like a less-sexy version of The Elephant Man.  I actually went to work the day after (pumping gas), and pretty much every customer I had looked at me like I was a freak.  Hope it goes a fvck ton better for you!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Oh man good luck with that...I had that done when I was 17.  One tooth was particularly bad, so my face swelled up unevenly...I looked like a less-sexy version of The Elephant Man.  I actually went to work the day after (pumping gas), and pretty much every customer I had looked at me like I was a freak.  Hope it goes a fvck ton better for you!

I can top it! At 18, I had THREE pulled at once, and then went directly to work. I worked in retail at the time and was unlading a shipment that day, so I didn't have to talk to anyone. Just went there, did my work, and changed my bloody mouth gauze every 10 minutes or whatever they said. 

I didn't swell up, so as usual, I was equally sexy as The Elephant Man. 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I can top it! At 18, I had THREE pulled at once, and then went directly to work. I worked in retail at the time and was unlading a shipment that day, so I didn't have to talk to anyone. Just went there, did my work, and changed my bloody mouth gauze every 10 minutes or whatever they said. 

When I was 17, I had all four out at once- all impacted. I went home and slept. It’s all I could do to not bleed or be in pain lol.

7 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

When I was about 15 or 16 years old I came home from school one day and as I was heading to my room I walked past my brother who was sitting on the living room floor, not really saying anything, and sort of sad looking, almost quietly sobbing.  He's 4 years younger than me and I didn't know what was going on and I looked at him confused at first saying "What's wrong?" and then I said "Oh yeah, that's right, you had your wisdom teeth pulled".  He had SEVEN teeth pulled.  All 4 wisdom teeth and 3 others.  I'll never forget that day for the rest of my life.  His face was HUGE and to this day my father and I both look at the picture of him when he looked like a chipmunk and we laugh, because it looked like my brother was a completely different (and really fat) kid.  

I felt so bad for him that day.  And then 15 years later I had two wisdom teeth and two other teeth of my own pulled, and that was not fun either.

Edited by NJDfan1711

7 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Happy to report that so far so good. Just the expected. I also only had to get 3/4. If the Devils pull through tonight it won't have been a bad day.

• Like 3