2022 Off-Season thread PT 2

Devilsfan118

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

Not a chance. You’re gonna have to give up at least one of them.

I mean the unprotected 1st in this draft is a pretty big asset. Throw Bratt on top of that and it’s already a really good package. Not sure why that needs one of our top 3 prospects to be added to that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crisis said:

I wonder if the Tkachuk trade speculation lights a fire under Bratt's agent's ass to quit fvcking around and make a deal before he gets shipped off to Calgary.

I wonder if part of the holdup is trying to see if Bratt would sign an extension in Calgary….

21 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I wonder if part of the holdup is trying to see if Bratt would sign an extension in Calgary….

Interesting theory. I assumed it was because he did this last time too. I really don't know what to think of Bratt as far as future production goes. I want to see him maintain close to a ppg and I can see it as he plays more and more with Jack, but he was just so streaky in the past that I wouldn't be surprised if he falls off again, especially after signing a huge deal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crisis said:

I wonder if the Tkachuk trade speculation lights a fire under Bratt's agent's ass to quit fvcking around and make a deal before he gets shipped off to Calgary.

if anything i think its making everything more complicated. If he sees that Bratt is a potential trading chip and that he doesnt want to go to calgary... then he may want to force NTC right away and prevent getting traded or slow the process so that maybe Tkachuk goes somewhere else etc etc

Cause right now... Bratt isn't fully a bargaining chip cause we don't know his value at the moment. Based on no contract and unknown clauses in his future contract. 

Edited by SterioDesign

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

if anything i think its making everything more complicated. If he sees that Bratt is a potential trading chip and that he doesnt want to go to calgary... then he may want to force NTC right away and prevent getting traded or slow the process so that maybe Tkachuk goes somewhere else etc etc

Cause right now... Bratt isn't fully a bargaining chip cause we don't know his value at the moment. Based on no contract and unknown clauses in his future contract. 

Correct, the value with Bratt is the same as it is with Tkachuk, it depends on a signed extension being in place. Without Bratt extending, there’s no way they take him as a main piece in a trade for an extended Tkachuk. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Correct, the value with Bratt is the same as it is with Tkachuk, it depends on a signed extension being in place. Without Bratt extending, there’s no way they take him as a main piece in a trade for an extended Tkachuk. 

When these sign and trades go down, doesn't the team receiving the player basically work the deal and the current team just signs the paperwork before trading him? If that is the case it isn't like NJ can hide their intent.

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

When these sign and trades go down, doesn't the team receiving the player basically work the deal and the current team just signs the paperwork before trading him? If that is the case it isn't like NJ can hide their intent.

Correct, if it were to happen you would just hear about the trade and that the extensions were signed. 

The teams know already if there will be an extension before the trade is made. They won’t take Bratt without an extension in exchange for Tkachuk with one, and either player is worth less in trade value without an extension. 

I could see a Kyrou + 2023 1st + Neighbours for Tkachuk. Or Maybe Krug is involved... but i'd think Calgary would want younger players. Maybe even less than that if this is the only place he's willing to sign an extension to

Edited by SterioDesign

For us though I have a feeling that it might be complicated to include Bratt in a deal. Unless Bratt would actually want to go Calgary but i can't imagine that he would. Also his agent must be saying right now that... "there's rumours and my client is not interested in committing to sign long-term with you guys just to get shipped to a sinking ship the next day"... which is very fair.

I mean... not only Tkachuk is not very likely... but IF we do.. and IF we someone manage to do it with like... Holtz + Muks + protected 2023 1st + Stillman or wtv... and NOT include Bratt, Nemec or Mercer. Man im dreaming but what a victory that'd be. lol

6 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

For us though I have a feeling that it might be complicated to include Bratt in a deal. Unless Bratt would actually want to go Calgary but i can't imagine that he would. Also his agent must be saying right now that... "there's rumours and my client is not interested in committing to sign long-term with you guys just to get shipped to a sinking ship the next day"... which is very fair.

I mean... not only Tkachuk is not very likely... but IF we do.. and IF we someone manage to do it with like... Holtz + Muks + protected 2023 1st + Stillman or wtv... and NOT include Bratt, Nemec or Mercer. Man im dreaming but what a victory that'd be. lol

This is why I'd love to know if Tkachuk is even willing to come here.  It's fun to wonder what it might take to land him (and how cheaply it could be done), but if he's already made a list in his head and the Devils are in the "No thank you, not gonna happen" category, then this all becomes pointless in a hurry.

And yeah, easy to forget that Bratt does have some say in this too, if he's to be the central piece...for all we know, if Tkachuk did decide he's on board with coming here, and the Flames insisted on Bratt being part of the deal, and then Bratt says "Hell no, I'm not going to Calgary"...not only could the deal fall apart, but then you have a guy who's probably going to have to be moved anyway in Bratt, who might be pissed about having been used as trade bait (and then says screw it, I'll take my arb deal and play out a full season with the Devils if I have to, but I'm outta here after the season at the very latest).

So many different friggin' scenarios, really...which is why I just wanna know if Tkachuk wants NJ at all dammit!  lol

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:
Well one thing out of the way

So we got one Jesper signed and one Bratt signed...

Just not Jesper Bratt     

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

This is why I'd love to know if Tkachuk is even willing to come here.  It's fun to wonder what it might take to land him (and how cheaply it could be done), but if he's already made a list in his head and the Devils are in the "No thank you, not gonna happen" category, then this all becomes pointless in a hurry.

And yeah, easy to forget that Bratt does have some say in this too, if he's to be the central piece...for all we know, if Tkachuk did decide he's on board with coming here, and the Flames insisted on Bratt being part of the deal, and then Bratt says "Hell no, I'm not going to Calgary"...not only could the deal fall apart, but then you have a guy who's probably going to have to be moved anyway in Bratt, who might be pissed about having been used as trade bait (and then says screw it, I'll take my arb deal and play out a full season with the Devils if I have to, but I'm outta here after the season at the very latest).

So many different friggin' scenarios, really...which is why I just wanna know if Tkachuk wants NJ at all dammit!  lol

So we got one Jesper signed and one Bratt signed...

Just not Jesper Bratt     

Yeah haha We can recap it to... in the last week or so we signed a Jesper and we signed a Bratt. But we didn't sign Jesper Bratt. 

Edited by SterioDesign

Just now, SterioDesign said:

To make it worst in the last week or so we signed a Jesper and we signed a Bratt. But we didn't sign Jesper Bratt. 

Lmao read the bottom of my post...we're on the same page. 

So that leaves Wood and Bratt as the remaining RFAs.  

If the Devils go to arb with Wood, I can understand it...I really wouldn't feel all that comfortable giving him more than a year or two.

Bratt...who really knows at this point what happens with him?  I still think he's locked up long-term before going to arb, and will be a Devil come Opening Night.  Just might get a little contentious before that happens, with some anxious moments here and there.

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

So that leaves Wood and Bratt as the remaining RFAs.  

If the Devils go to arb with Wood, I can understand it...I really wouldn't feel all that comfortable giving him more than a year or two.

Bratt...who really knows at this point what happens with him?  I still think he's locked up long-term before going to arb, and will be a Devil come Opening Night.  Just might get a little contentious before that happens, with some anxious moments here and there.

It's interesting, we have the prior experience so we know his team negotiates hard, on the other we have him coming off a career year (so far) and it's possible he's either asking for a sh!tload of money, or even worse, a short term deal so he can make even more in free agency as soon as possible. 

Put on top of all of that the possibility of a Tkachuk trade, and cap implications therefrom that might actually materialize as opposed to being theoretical, and this is definitely a situation with a lot of moving parts. 

27 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Lmao read the bottom of my post...we're on the same page. 

i know i misread yours and thought i was being clever and then realized we just said the same exact thing lol then fixed my own post lol

But too late apparently lol

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, MB3 said:

This has been discussed on the board quite a bit already.

rock-em-sock-em-robots-video-game-44b1edcf-490d-4e04-b896-dd121586676-resize-750.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Laine could snag another big payday down the line too...he'll be young enough.  His next contact would start with his Age 28 season.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976