Andrew Brunette arrested

mikemarc1

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Just glad he’s okay and didn’t hurt anyone else. 

Gotta be smarter.

The bolded:  absolutely

But goddamn in a day and age where you can easily get an Uber or Lyft (or heaven forbid you simply CALL A FRIEND and explain that you've been drinking and need to be given a ride)...there's just no fvcking excuses anymore for this crap.  And clearly this is a guy with a lot to lose.  

• Like 6

Spoiler

Into the program he’ll go and get rehabbed like Montgomery

thank god no one got hurt

EDITED: Turned this into a spoiler cause with new information, this is a freaking pathetic excuse for a DUI. Not saying it’s right but we all have done worse on a golf course.

Edited by jagknife

6 minutes ago, jagknife said:

nto the program he’ll go and get rehabbed like Montgomery

Woah…. That’s a leap. A DUI doesn’t mean you were even drunk, it just means you exceeded the legal limit. I’ve done that numerous times; I just never got caught. I’m sure others here have as well. It doesn’t indicate a drinking problem necessarily. 

Edited by MadDog2020

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Woah…. That’s a leap. A DUI doesn’t mean you were even drunk, it just means you exceeded the legal limit. I’ve done that numerous times; I just never got caught. I’m sure others here have as well. It doesn’t indicate a drinking problem necessarily. 

Poor word/expression choice on my part.

Not implying he NEEDS rehab but I could see the team rallying behind him and allowing him time off to settle things down and learn from the mistake.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Everyone should slow down with this, doesn’t mean he was driving wasted. You can literally have one drink and be charged with a DUI. 

Wasn’t saying he was driving wasted.  We have no idea what kind of shape he was in.  But if you know you’re likely over the legal limit, don’t chance it…chill for a while or just get a ride to wherever you need to go and then get your car later.  Especially when you know that it’s gonna be all over the media if you get caught…not saying that it’s fair that the media can’t report this stuff fast enough if you’re even remotely in the public eye, but why take the risk?  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Everyone should slow down with this, doesn’t mean he was driving wasted. You can literally have one drink and be charged with a DUI. 

Slow down sure until the blood alcohol level is known but  "literally one drink is silly".  Although I guess if the one drink was a beer mug of JD it's possible.

I think it was sometime in 2022 he got nailed going 18-20 over the speed limit. 

Even regardless of that he's gotta be smarter.

4 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Slow down sure until the blood alcohol level is known but  "literally one drink is silly".  Although I guess if the one drink was a beer mug of JD it's possible.

Definitely sounds like he has a lead foot. He needs to be better and set a better example for the young players. 

In May of 2022 he pled guilty for going 58 mph in a 40 mph zone and paid a $260 fine, and in February of 2021 he was stopped for allegedly going 27 mph in a school zone, but that case was eventually dismissed.

Isn't that one like 2mph over?  Cop must have been a Lightning fan.

Devils PR sent NJ Advance Media the following statement on Wednesday afternoon: “We are aware of the reports today regarding Associate Coach Andrew Brunette and are currently in the process of gathering additional information,” the statement read. https://www.nj.com/devils/2023/02/devils-associate-coach-andrew-brunette-arrested-for-dui-in-florida.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=njcom_sf&utm_content=nj_facebook_njcom&fbclid=IwAR3DZW-zAjTKjpZC9NujMHAp6w8i5lb7OtwvZALo60F8Swf__zxSTS6g5Lc

24 minutes ago, titans04 said:

I will say there is an ultra rare medical condition called auto brewer where you ingest something unknowingly contaminated with a particular yeast strain that turns your stomach into a fermenter and you’d spike a BAC without having a drink, but feel all the awful effects of booze.

source: I personally know someone who had it