GDT - Devils vs Canucks 2/6/23 7:30pm MSGSN

NJDfan1711

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

Nice to get that second point.  We got a little help, Sharangovich probably should have been called for a hook, and he also seems very unstable and rattled in OT in general.  Don't think he's ready for that pressure and isn't responsible enough as a player to get much OT ice time yet.  But I'll take the W.  

Good job by the boys to keep going.

Yeah, you always take the win.  But goddamn Ruff needs to serve a purpose at some point.  Too much of the same sh!t game after game.  Not sure how much longer the Devils can keep getting away with all of this.  

• Like 1

Just now, Bonginator11 said:

Seriously could you imagine if we drafted “played with men?”

I’d rather nooooooooot…

Just now, devlman said:

There’s an alternate dimension where we’ve drafted Patrick and Krappo. I think I give up sports and take up ballet in that reality.

In that alternate reality Nico’s a Flyer and Hughes is a Ranger.  And pretty sure I’m joining you in taking up ballet in such a hockey hell.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

In that alternate reality Nico’s a Flyer and Hughes is a Ranger.  And pretty sure I’m joining you in taking up ballet in such a hockey hell.

Im not even kidding and im sure you’re not either. I don’t think I’d be able to watch hockey in that scenario.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, devlman said:

Im not even kidding and im sure you’re not either. I don’t think I’d be able to watch hockey in that scenario.

Oh no, I’m pretty deadly serious.

14 minutes ago, Bonginator11 said:

Even with his crappy game Hamilton somehow got 3 assists

I was just gonna post…that might be one of the worst three-point nights that I’ve EVER seen.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

23 minutes ago, devlman said:

There’s an alternate dimension where we’ve drafted Patrick and Krappo. I think I give up sports and take up ballet in that reality.

Worse, there's an alternate reality where we drafted both of those guys that early and ended up trading one or both of them by now for more picks to keep rebuilding with a struggling top six of that would include an injured Nolan Patrick paired with some combination of Shango, Mercer, Boquist, Zacha (maybe) and Bratt if all other later rounds held equal and we don't get any real UFAs. 

Edited by RizzMB30

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

I may have quit watching hockey if that happened.

That’s seriously Jets-level insanity of being kicked in the balls.  

• Like 1

17 G and 11 A for Jack in his last 15 GP.  And he should have more assists.  Scary sh!t.

Also 28 G over his last 30 GP.  And his shot was supposed to be a weakness lmao…

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah, you always take the win.  But goddamn Ruff needs to serve a purpose at some point.  Too much of the same sh!t game after game.  Not sure how much longer the Devils can keep getting away with all of this.  

I agree.  This team is just too talented just to make the playoffs.  Now, I’m not saying they are a cup contender, but they should go past the first round.  They have a couple holes to fill on the roster, but I think the bigger issue is the sloppy play at times.  It’s as they are taking a break and allow teams to walking into their zone and with just one quick pass to a man left open they give up a goal.  Are they pick watching or just brain dead atm?  Or, they will get to aggressive in the OZ and they play to low and give up odd man rushes.  I wonder if teams are aware of this and want their goalie give up a big rebound so they can transition to and odd man rush.  It’s late, I had a long day and I hope it makes sense.

Edited by Puckbuster

49 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

Worse, there's an alternate reality where we drafted both of those guys that early and ended up trading one or both of them by now for more picks to keep rebuilding with a struggling top six of that would include an injured Nolan Patrick paired with some combination of Shango, Mercer, Boquist, Zacha (maybe) and Bratt if all other later rounds held equal and we don't get any real UFAs. 

OMG, just the thought of it!  Bratt would have received his $10m by now as the best player on the team, or traded for a high 1st rounder.

3 hours ago, Broten1 said:

Great win.Couldn't be happier. 

I’d say more great that they won than it truly being a great win.  They’ve gotta start fixing some of these issues…they’re not going to keep getting away with the general sloppiness and giving up so many prime chances.

They’re winning plenty and I’ll happily keep taking the points, but they’re winning in spite of themselves right now.

• Like 1

Yet again this team showed some good resilience. Someone posted it had shades of the Jets home opener written all over it, but they held on to the pity point, then sniped the bonus point.

I don't know what the hell was wrong with the defense last night, but man did they get exposed, badly. Consistently for two periods entirely too aggressive in the offensive zone, too quick to pinch and not communicate with their partner and Vancouver exploited the living sh!t out of it.

The coaches HAVE to address this for Thursday cause Seattle isn't messing around right now...