2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

2 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Can anyone who is against one of the expansion teams winning it all explain their reasoning? I wouldn't care myself really but I'm just curious to know your logic

I was pissed with Vegas in the early years because of how they blackmailed the other teams in the expansion draft 

Now, I don't feel as bad about them after a few years.

There is also a sense of teams needing to 'pay their dues' and suffer a bit before winning it all, but that is a minor sentiment these days

Edited by Rob_Ottawa

11 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

Honestly can't believe that the Oilers are out. With the changes they brought in at the deadline, I really thought they were going to win it or at get to the SCF. 

Ekholm, Bjugstad were great adds by the management. 

Their goaltending sucks. Edmonton should make a run at Hellebuyck.

Edited by MadDog2020

10 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Their goaltending sucks. Edmonton should make a run at Hellebuyck.

Idk, Skinner was pretty good for them. Definitely has flashes. The question is can they get out from underneath Campbell? Who had a great playoffs after an awful regular season iirc. 

EDIT: When he played that is. He was good coming in as relief i mean. 

Edited by RizzMB30

7 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

Idk, Skinner was pretty good for them. Definitely has flashes. The question is can they get out from underneath Campbell? Who had a great playoffs after an awful regular season iirc. 

EDIT: When he played that is. He was good coming in as relief i mean. 

Skinner got pulled a couple times against Vegas. I wasn’t overly impressed with him of what I saw. Then again, it’s not like I watched every minute of that series either.

Edited by MadDog2020

17 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Skinner got pulled a couple times against Vegas. I wasn’t overly impressed with him of what I saw. Then again, it’s not like I watched every minute of that series either.

He kind of got Vanecek'd. That being said, I think Pittsburgh might be in on Hellebuyck. I've at least had Pens fans come up to me in person and tell me that we (Devils) were one of the rumored teams. 

Not that I wouldn't want him, but I don't see Fitz spending a lot of assets for a goalie after Schmid's play. I guess Schmid-Hellebuyck could be a world beater duo, but I would assume Vanecek is going the other way and maybe Fitz gives the Jets the picks they want. Idk

Edited by RizzMB30
  • Like 1

Kyle Dubas was pretty sad on this SportsNet feed for the Oiler game I'm watching. 

Nobody knows what the higher ups are thinking. This season looks like it took a toll on Dubas and family life. There's a lot of anxiety in that locker room and org right now. 

Edited by RizzMB30

6 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

He kind of got Vanecek'd. That being said, I think Pittsburgh might be in on Hellebuyck. I've at least had Pens fans come up to me in person and tell me that we (Devils) were one of the rumored teams. 

Not that I wouldn't want him, but I don't see Fitz spending a lot of assets for a goalie after Schmid's play. I guess Schmid-Hellebuyck could be a world beater duo, but I would assume Vanecek is going the other way and maybe Fitz gives the Jets the picks they want. Idk

The thing about Hellebuyck is that he’s not young anymore and he’s gonna be due an extension; that sh!t screams ‘Cory Schneider’ to me, and I’m not going down that road again. I’d prefer to run it back with Schmid and Vanecek. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Yep. 

I think the numbers are strong suggestions, but Oettinger is 12 saves into the 2nd period right now of a 0-0 game 7.  

Maybe because of how structured Dallas tends to play is why those analytics are so bad for Wedgewood/Oetter. I fully expect VV to bounce back. 

Also the high games/minutes played for both Skinner and Oetter has helped sink those numbers too.  Some playoffs series are just not drawn up with teams that are going to have 0-0 slogs everynight. Playoffs tends to be one-sided slugfest.

Side note: Holy sh!t Robertson from DAL cannot buy a goal right now. He looks worse than Haula during our win streak this year. 

Edited by RizzMB30

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

This has been a great game 

Dallas strikes first

Roope Hintz is a monster and needs to be contained. I really enjoy these low-scoring affairs now with their rarity. They tend to be the best games imho. 

Edited by RizzMB30
  • Like 1