2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

1 minute ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

I'd love a John Madden type for the PK. But maybe we already have that internally with Nico?

The PK has been pretty damn good all year. Nico, McLeod, Haula all have that on lock down. It's the power play that's the issue.

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I could see the Leafs overpaying Severson and/or Graves this summer.

It should say a lot that the Devils aren't even going to attempt to bring those guys back.  But, you're right, someone is going to dig themselves huge holes signing those 2.

16 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

The PK has been pretty damn good all year. Nico, McLeod, Haula all have that on lock down. It's the power play that's the issue.

Sharangovich is nasty on the PK as well.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, capo said:

It should say a lot that the Devils aren't even going to attempt to bring those guys back.  But, you're right, someone is going to dig themselves huge holes signing those 2.

Severson in Toronto would be a disaster.  Jake Gardiner 2.0 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Tampa literally had Palat when they traded for Coleman lol. 

Coleman was also making relative pennies back then ($1.8 million AAV).  Palat and Coleman combined for $7.1 million AAV for the one full season that they played together.  Now it would be $10.9 million combined AAV if the Devils took on his money.  That's a lot for the both of them.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

17 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Coleman was also making relative pennies back then ($1.8 million AAV).  Palat and Coleman combined for $7.1 million AAV for the one full season that they played together.  Now it would be $10.9 million combined AAV if the Devils took on his money.  That's a lot for the both of them.  

So you’re telling me Fitz would merely have to get creative with the cap like Tampa did to make it work. :P

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

So you’re telling me Fitz would merely have to get creative with the cap like Tampa did to make it work. :P

If you could have Coleman and Palat or just Bratt for about(I know 3mm variance there) that amount of money who are you taking?

I think that most of us here believe Bratt has turned down offers of at least 8mm, so assume he wants north of that. Knowing what I know now I think I'd at least pass on paying Bratt 8mm, let alone whatever he thinks he's worth, but I'd likely be in on spending the money on Coleman or a Coleman comperable player.

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Vanecek first off the ice in practice. Sounds like he gets the start. I don’t like it. Should be Schmid. 

Yeah Vanecek gives me no confidence in net recently. Hopefully the defense can help him out and give him less breakaways and stuff to deal with because I don’t think we’re getting 8 goals again 

2 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

If you could have Coleman and Palat or just Bratt for about(I know 3mm variance there) that amount of money who are you taking?

I think that most of us here believe Bratt has turned down offers of at least 8mm, so assume he wants north of that. Knowing what I know now I think I'd at least pass on paying Bratt 8mm, let alone whatever he thinks he's worth, but I'd likely be in on spending the money on Coleman or a Coleman comperable player.

Maybe a YOUNGER Coleman-type player, as opposed to Coleman himself.  

Bratt might get $8 million from a poorly-run team who mistakes him as a cornerstone guy and wants to get backpage news.  But he's establishing himself more as a complementary guy who can put up 70 points as long as he's facing both good AND bad teams in the regular season, but when it comes to the playoffs where there's not likely to be many patsies, it's a much different story.  He's not a guy you build around, or bring in as a kick-start to speed up a rebuild.  Based on what I've seen of him during these playoffs, I'd have a tough time offering him much more than $6.8 million AAV over more than 4 years.  He's been almost invisible in these playoffs. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

Laurent Brossoit left game 3 of EDM-VGK with a pretty nasty looking injury. Made a big save but absolutely tweaked something. 

Adin Hill coming in as relief. Jonathan Quick comes in next game it sounds.

Edited by RizzMB30

6 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Alright, who else is rooting for a Leafs sweep tonight?

Abso-feakin-loutly!   My favorite podcasting day of the year is always the day after the Leafs make an exit.  Trot out the same top heavy lineup every year and then get blindsided when you essentially get the same result. 

This is still a big "if" but if they do go out meekly tonight, they should absolutely run it back yet again next year.  🤣  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

My favorite podcasting day of the year is always the day after the Leafs make an exit.  

Hahaha my man, same here.  32 Thoughts, SDP, Spittin Chiclets, Jeff Marek show... all going to be prime listens.  So much drama.

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Abso-feakin-loutly!   My favorite podcasting day of the year is always the day after the Leafs make an exit.  Trot out the same top heavy lineup every year and then get blindsided when you essentially get the same result. 

This is still a big "if" but if they do go out meekly tonight, they should absolutely run it back yet again next year.  🤣  

I think if they lose this series, that will be it for this core.  There will be a change made to at least a piece of it.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Hahaha my man, same here.  32 Thoughts, SDP, Spittin Chiclets, Jeff Marek show... all going to be prime listens.  So much drama.

SDP especially, followed in close second by Chiclets to listen to Biz’ mental gymnastics trying to talk this one away

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I think if they lose this series, that will be it for this core.  There will be a change made to at least a piece of it.  

Of all the guys eating into their cap I think Nylander is the easier guy to move. Fridge said Pittsburgh is waiting to see what happens to Dubas. Wonder who the new guy would be. That Rielly contract is rough...