The OFFICIAL Off-Season Thread

jagknife

1 hour ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Bunch of goobers.

I like THG but I know some Devils fans don't because he doesn't have MB as his top goalie of all time-- they can't handle a guy having his own opinion. He does a good job for someone trying to cover the entire league.

I enjoy 32 Thoughts podcast but I think my favorite is The Hockey PDOcast with Dimitri Filipovic. I used to like All About the Jersey, even though the guy couldn't pronounce player's names correctly, but that got ended.

14 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I like THG but I know some Devils fans don't because he doesn't have MB as his top goalie of all time-- they can't handle a guy having his own opinion. He does a good job for someone trying to cover the entire league.

Hard to argue much with anyone who puts Hasek or Roy ahead of Marty, but didn’t THG not even have him top 5 all time? 

Personally, I find his videos a bit boring, but there’s no denying the amount of work he puts into them, and his love for the sport in general. 

2 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Hard to argue much with anyone who puts Hasek or Roy ahead of Marty, but didn’t THG not even have him top 5 all time? 

Personally, I find his videos a bit boring, but there’s no denying the amount of work he puts into them, and his love for the sport in general. 

I won't say his videos are exciting or have a ton of production quality but I'd rather watch this guy, who care about what he's doing, vs other folks on YouTube with their clickbait bs just looking to push views for $$.

I think there's a charm to him. He's relatable. Just a dude in his den talking about hockey.

EDIT: Has him at 3

Edited by NJDevils1214

Just now, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Hasek is #1

dont shoot me

Again, how can anyone really argue? Hasek was the best at his peak, and the most naturally gifted. Roy was the most clutch in the playoffs. And Marty had the consistency and durability, and probably the best career overall (even if Roy won 1 more Cup). 

I almost think you can put the top 3 in any order you want. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Again, how can anyone really argue? Hasek was the best at his peak, and the most naturally gifted. Roy was the most clutch in the playoffs. And Marty had the consistency and durability, and probably the best career overall (even if Roy won 1 more Cup). 

I almost think you can put the top 3 in any order you want. 

This is exactly as I see it.

Marty definitely hung on a bit too long.  Roy got out when he was still Roy.  Hasek's final season was plenty meh by his standards, and Osgood backstopped the Red Wings to the Cup that year, but that six-year run where he put up a GSAA of 301.6...that's just fvcking nuts.

I see them more as 1A-1B-1C than 1-2-3.  I have them ranked at Roy - Hasek - Marty, but really, can anyone go wrong with any of them?