Who's the 2nd Ring of Honoree?

Rock

I was looking at the promotional schedule and there is a Ring of Honor ceremony against Dallas, but they don't announce who the nominee is.

Names come to mind Lou (I think not while is an active GM) Billy Macmillan (who just passed away) Jacques, The security guard at Continental Arena (Old Forum Joke)

Any thoughts?

It’s gotta be Lou.  Just can’t see anyone else who should go in ahead of him.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Lemaire is a good candidate. But I agree with CR, it’s gotta be Lou.

Hard to imagine that Lemaire, Robinson, and Burns don't all get in there at some point.

Kinda makes you wish that Lou had been inducted much much earlier.  If he had gone in a year or two after McMullen, some more deserving candidates could also already have gotten in by now.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Hard to imagine that Lemaire, Robinson, and Burns don't all get in there at some point.

Kinda makes you wish that Lou had been inducted much much earlier.  If he had gone in a year or two after McMullen, some more deserving candidates could also already have gotten in by now.

I wish we could have honored Burns in so many ways when he was still alive.

Darkhorse for the ROH: Sarge

• 2 months later...
On 9/18/2023 at 7:46 PM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It’s gotta be Lou.  Just can’t see anyone else who should go in ahead of him.

Lou will have his day at some point...but glad to see this thing up and running again.  Very happy for Sergei!

• EvilHeart 1

11 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Wait…Brylin was seen as a dark horse? I would think he was the consensus first choice as far as players go. 

Given that he spent his entire career here, and was part of the 3-Cup club, and is still part of the organization, yeah, probably.

Some plenty worthy candidates in the two-Cup club...starting with Rafalski and Lemieux.  Then of course Madden, Pandolfo and Holik.

7 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Given that he spent his entire career here, and was part of the 3-Cup club, and is still part of the organization, yeah, probably.

Some plenty worthy candidates in the two-Cup club...starting with Rafalski and Lemieux.  Then of course Madden, Pandolfo and Holik.

People always forget Colin White. 2 Cups, 700+ games, alternate captain.

He actually played more games as a Devil than Madden, Lemieux, or Rafalski. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

People always forget Colin White. 2 Cups, 700+ games, alternate captain.

He actually played more games as a Devil than Madden, Lemieux, or Rafalski. 

I knew I was forgetting someone.  Guy was plenty solid for a long time.  

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Now that Sarge is going into the ROH, the question is: who’s next? Lots of great candidates to choose from.

Since Lou is never going to retire I’d say Lemaire and Robinson. 

ETA: and Burns ofc 

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

That would be awesome; get two of our Cup winning coaches up there. Honestly, make it into a coaches night and let’s put Burnsie in with them. 

Yeah, I think a night where all three Cup-winning coaches get in makes a ton of sense.

As far as players go, I’d be all for John MacLean to be next (2nd all-time in franchise history in points and goals, behind Patrik of course, and was here for Cup #1…also many big moments), but that’s more of a personal choice.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

That would be awesome; get two of our Cup winning coaches up there. Honestly, make it into a coaches night and let’s put Burnsie in with them. 

The ceremony should coincide with a visit from the Rangers so that their fans have to suffer through another recitation of Devils triumphs, some at their expense.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Now that Sarge is going into the ROH, the question is: who’s next? Lots of great candidates to choose from.

I would be another vote for MacLean.   First off, he deserves it but it also feels like a move that would instantly wipe away the sour taste left by his coaching tenure here the same way “sorry Lindy” changed the narrative in one night.  Not saying MacLean didn’t deserve to be fired but it shouldn’t define him as a Devil.  

Also, I can never get sick of watching his OT goal against the Blackhawks with Gary Thorne absolutely going off on the call.  

Edited by Lateralous
  • Like 3