2023-2024 Around The League thread

MadDog2020

6 minutes ago, jagknife said:

lou couldn’t let them have fun for one walk out. What an antiquated dinosaur.

Him and Lindy are perfect for each other 

I’ll always respect Lou for what he built with the Devils, but his insistence that Islanders players wear suits for something like this is too much.  Yeesh!

29 minutes ago, jagknife said:

lou couldn’t let them have fun for one walk out. What an antiquated dinosaur.

Him and Lindy are perfect for each other 

Saw someone last night say that The Sopranos tried to get Lou on for a cameo at one point (it ended up being Eric Mangini instead) and it bummed me out. That would have been awesome. Man does he hate harmless fun. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Saw someone last night say that The Sopranos tried to get Lou on for a cameo at one point (it ended up being Eric Mangini instead) and it bummed me out. That would have been awesome. Man does he hate harmless fun. 

Seriously, if he kept winning cups with this stupid business first mentality, I’d buy it. But he hasn’t adapted to the times or personnel.

his team’s floundering performances over the last 20 years are proof his arrogance is not for this league anymore.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Messier crying PK bringing up the Devils today when Messier and Mcdonaugh were injecting rangers all night last night

He’s a colossal douche.  It really says a lot about him—and not in a way that’s favorable—that he identifies more with the single cup he won across the river than with the multiple cups he won as part one of the greatest teams of all time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

He’s a colossal douche.  It really says a lot about him—and not in a way that’s favorable—that he identifies more with the single cup he won across the river than with the multiple cups he won as part one of the greatest teams of all time.

Whst happened in Canada stays in Canada. LOL

Still, we don't have a realistic chance of catching NYR. But we don't need NYI on our heels looking for the WC spot. We have to suck it up and not be so thrilled with the Isles leading in this game. And as crazy as the Isle's record is, part of that is their record in the Metro Division 7-4-4.

35 minutes ago, point said:

Still, we don't have a realistic chance of catching NYR. But we don't need NYI on our heels looking for the WC spot. We have to suck it up and not be so thrilled with the Isles leading in this game. And as crazy as the Isle's record is, part of that is their record in the Metro Division 7-4-4.

I honestly think the Isles are too flawed to put together the kind of run needed to solidify a WC berth.  They’ve been very meh for a while now.

I hear ya, I wouldn’t have minded an Isles loss today, but since the game has unfolded the way that it has, I’ll enjoy seeing Shesterkin getting lit up yet again heh heh.  fvck him and his teammates and their fans.  All of em.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, eaglejelly said:

Of course the rangers get to have their home goal score song even though they're the away team.

Yeah I think that’s horsesh!t, but guess they figure that because neither team plays their home games in NJ, that somehow it’s OK for both teams to get the full goal horn treatment?  Don’t agree with it regardless.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah I think that’s horsesh!t, but guess they figure that because neither team plays their home games in NJ, that somehow it’s OK for both teams to get the full goal horn treatment?  Don’t agree with it regardless.

The rangers are practically getting an additional home game gifted by the NHL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Been a while since I brought this up, but I remember just after the ‘94 Cup win, when Messier and Leetch went on The Howard Stern Show.  Leetch was clearly a little uncomfortable but realized that he was on a comedy show and tried his best to go with the flow.

Messier literally doesn’t know how to stop being THAT Messier for five seconds.  He takes himself so seriously and he just came off as being very off.  I give him credit for being the right guy at the right time for keeping that Ranger team from falling apart (Keenan was getting kookier by the day as that season wore on), but Messier’s truly an odd fvcking duck.  

Also, it’s gotten to the point that I think that Messier feels like he won that Ranger Cup all by himself.  With the Oilers he was part of an ensemble cast that had an absurd amount of offensive talent playing for it.  Messier was obviously a big part of it but wasn’t quite legendary.  So much of THAT Messier was built around 1994.  And he has heavily fed into all of it…to this day he still expects the Ranger franchise to keep on kissing his ass.  He really is such an egomaniacal d!ck.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, jagknife said:

Seriously, if he kept winning cups with this stupid business first mentality, I’d buy it. But he hasn’t adapted to the times or personnel.

his team’s floundering performances over the last 20 years are proof his arrogance is not for this league anymore.

Yeah his Isles run…not great.  He inherited a nice chunk of talent and hasn’t done all that much to build upon it.

Lou did a nice job in nabbing Trotz (only to fvck it up by firing him), and after trading for Horvat didn’t fvck around and made sure to keep him in the food (though I think Horvat’s overpaid for what he brings).  But he’s put together a team that’s not that great but somehow very expensive.  And yeah he just seems like an early 80s Oldsmobile (see what I did there?) in a league full of Teslas.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aylbert said:

So does the league help the Rangers out and have them switch sides 10 mins through?    Making it a long change for the Isles to close out the game?

Why would they do that?  Have they done it for anyone else?

1 minute ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Why would they do that?  Have they done it for anyone else?

He’s being sarcastic.

Or is he?

• Like 1