GDT: Devils host Minnesota Adjective - 29 Oct @ 5pm

jagknife

3 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Next time these two teams play each other, someone’s gotta beat the snot out of Clifton.  fvck that guy.

Hope Nico recovers.  Get the feeling it might be a while.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah I mean to each their own, but if you don’t like sports, basically you can fvck off AFAIC. 

Ironically I sometimes find the casual sports fan harder to deal with than a full-on non-sports fan.

At least with the non-sports individual, I simply know to discuss other topics, which is fine.  As I’m someone who is an obviously hardcore sports fan, sometimes someone who kinda-sorta watches will want to talk sports with me, and quite often it’s just…painful.

Put it this way:  here I consider most members to be pretty knowledgeable, so even if anyone posts a viewpoint that I don’t necessarily agree with, at least I can usually understand where that person is coming from, and then have some back-and-forth.  It’s a lot harder to do that with a lot of casual fans.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

FYI for anyone going tomorrow, there is going to be a protest at city hall at 1:30pm over the Palestine situation. I have no idea how many people are gonna be there or how long it will last but it definitely could impact arriving at the game if it's a lot of people and lasts long. 

Couldn't find anything when searching on this. Am going to the game, so I am curious.  Thx.

18 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Next time these two teams play each other, someone’s gotta beat the snot out of Clifton.  fvck that guy.

I am friends with the family (Hes a jersey kid). He is pretty sorry about it, and most of his jersey family was at the game. I don't think it  was intentional.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

I am friends with the family (Hes a jersey kid). He is pretty sorry about it, and most of his jersey family was at the game. I don't think it  was intentional.

That’s cool, that you have some insight re:  this whole thing that most of us obviously don’t.

That being said, still sucks to see someone as important as Nico going down to something that at the very least was careless.  Clifton should expect some level of retribution.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

This. I know gone are the days of enforcers but those guys existed precisely for moments like this. Teams enjoy teeing off on Nico because they know there are no repercussions, up until now with Clifton's 2 game suspension. And even with that, the Sabres lose a lower-tier defensemen for a short time while we lose our captain for who knows how long. Other teams have been doing this ad-nauseum (including Florida last year with Nico) and nothing happens because the Devils lack the physicality to put a stop to it. I'm not in favor of keeping a slow, non-talented goon on the roster for no reason but it might be helpful to have a physical player on standby going forward. At least to protect our star players.

Every other team in the East seems to have these types except us, whether it's Xhekaj, Romanov, Martin, Tkachuk, etc. Might help to have at least one guy who can keep other teams honest.

Edited by slasher72

1 hour ago, slasher72 said:

This. I know gone are the days of enforcers but those guys existed precisely for moments like this. Teams enjoy teeing off on Nico because they know there are no repercussions, up until now with Clifton's 2 game suspension. And even with that, the Sabres lose a lower-tier defensemen for a short time while we lose our captain for who knows how long. Other teams have been doing this ad-nauseum (including Florida last year with Nico) and nothing happens because the Devils lack the physicality to put a stop to it. I'm not in favor of keeping a slow, non-talented goon on the roster for no reason but it might be helpful to have a physical player on standby going forward. At least to protect our star players.

Every other team in the East seems to have these types except us, whether it's Xhekaj, Romanov, Martin, Tkachuk, etc. Might help to have at least one guy who can keep other teams honest.

It’s a total fallacy that having a tough guy on the team prevents this kind of thing. Palat and Bahl both tried to go after the dude anyway, so it’s not like no one did anything. I’d personally like to see Nico himself learn to not put himself in so many vulnerable positions. I know part of it is that’s just how he plays, but Jack did it. I’m sure plenty of teams want to take runs at him as well. Nico’s just too important to constantly be going in and out of the lineup like this. 

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

No issues at all getting to the arena, it was wrapped up and nobody near city hall when I got here a few minutes before doors opened at 3:30

Yep, would never know anything was going on.  Got here with no issues at all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

You see any mascots? Mascot madness is definitely lacking the madness. The first year they did this they had them all walking around, we made a few laps and didn't see one lol

Yeah seriously except for the constant on-screen mentions, I never would’ve known lmao.

• Like 1

Smith really needs to stop being a thing around here…

• Like 1