GDT: 1/22/2024 Vegas GKs @ Devils, 7:00 pm, MSGSN

Colorado Rockies 1976

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

I’ll take my cannoli flavored crow now. I’ve been really hard on him lately, but what a game for 73. 

He’s a bit like Palms.  Very streaky.  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Solid job tonight in the end of never giving up. Take the two points and enjoy the night.

The players almost always give a serious effort.  There’s just zero guidance.  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

He’s a bit like Palms.  Very streaky.  

I don’t think Palms was ever really “bad” when he wasn’t scoring though. Toffoli had been pretty brutal for a while there. 

Just now, Nicomo said:

I don’t think Palms was ever really “bad” when he wasn’t scoring though. Toffoli had been pretty brutal for a while there. 

Well some would definitely jump all over Palms whenever he wasn’t scoring, but I agree, he was usually not bad when pucks weren’t going in for him.  You gotta take some bad with Toffoli, but if he’s scoring 30+, you live with it.

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

My biggest gripe with him, is how much slower he is compared to everyone else. But he came through tonight. Passed with flying fvcking carpets

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nessus said:

The highlight of this GDT was @Colorado Rockies 1976 celebrating every goal with a post that ended with a stab at Lindy.

I felt the exact same way

Not that I make it much of a secret but knowing how much his presence is hurting this team and holding them back is beyond offensive at this point.  Several other teams absolutely would’ve canned him by now.  This win had nothing to do with him, and everything with his players overcoming him yet again.  It’s sickening.

• Like 2

Curtis is an impossible guy not to like.  Really seems like a standup kind of guy.

• Like 9

More “go figures”:

Somehow the Devils are 5 points out of second with two games in hand on the Flyers, and 4 points behind the Canes with the same number of games played.  Also 16-9-2 in their last 27 GP.  And no it doesn’t really feel like any of these things should be true.  But somehow they are.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

More “go figures”:

Somehow the Devils are 5 points out of second with two games in hand on the Flyers, and 4 points behind the Canes with the same number of games played.  Also 16-9-2 in their last 27 GP.  And no it doesn’t really feel like any of these things should be true.  But somehow they are.

Movie GIF

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jagknife said:

If the stadium series doesn’t suck, I’m getting his name on mine. 

I was thinking the same.

28 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

More “go figures”:

It’s a little like the Giants this year.  When they lose they look awful, and when they win they usually just scrape it out.  So it looks worse than it is.  

2 minutes ago, LIDevsFan1 said:

It’s a little like the Giants this year.  When they lose they look awful, and when they win they usually just scrape it out.  So it looks worse than it is.  

Yeah not many pretty or easy games this year.  Almost none, really.

1 hour ago, Lateralous said:

image.gif.540c4e914e25b9d2fd093b95e1ee8c06.gif

That was a doozy of a pass to Hischier tonight. Loved it. 

Lazar mentioned a "Lindy pump up" after the 2nd. God I can only wonder what that looked/sounded like, especially after that 2nd. 

Maybe that's what CR76 meant when he says he such a stand up guy. Did Ruff say something that got them going again for the 3rd or was that Lazar just being nice? 

Great game tonight. I actually saw that Lindy called a motherfvckin timeout. Like everyone else, I've really been baffled as to why we haven't seen more because they really are a great tool for settling a team down, but more importantly, gives the top players a 30-sec breather so they can go again and sneak in that extra shift or two if you need them. I legit believe that Lindy is so conservative that he's terrified that he won't be able to challenge some obvious non-call or a blatant missed offsides that costs the team the game because he couldn't challenge it. It has to be some kind of thinking around that. 

Vanecek still a sore thumb that sticks out, defense looks beer league still. 

Honorable mentions in Lindy postgame: Nico-Meier-Bratter line good, Lazar good, Toffs good. I think Novo asked if he could have used a few more saves tonight and Lindy said he's always looking for more saves. LHughes clearly out of the doghouse after a rough game in Dallas and Ruff said he had a great bounceback game. Timo quote there was at the end. Longer than usual postgame and a lot of questions. 

Edited by RizzMB30

I just saw the full game recap as I live overseas.  Honestly, Vanecek gives me the impression of being a guy "who knows" his time is up with the team.  No poise, no passion.  He doesn't stand tall in the net.  Doesn't cut down angles very well and doesn't read the puck very well.

If we make the playoffs, it will be a very miraculous accomplishment, especially given that Lindy is coaching without any sort of sense of urgency.  

This team isn't bad -  it is just playing bad because it isn't prepared properly by the coaching staff.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RizzMB30 said:

That was a doozy of a pass to Hischier tonight. Loved it. 

Lazar mentioned a "Lindy pump up" after the 2nd. God I can only wonder what that looked/sounded like, especially after that 2nd. 

Maybe that's what CR76 meant when he says he such a stand up guy. Did Ruff say something that got them going again for the 3rd or was that Lazar just being nice? 

Great game tonight. I actually saw that Lindy called a motherfvckin timeout. Like everyone else, I've really been baffled as to why we haven't seen more because they really are a great tool for settling a team down, but more importantly, gives the top players a 30-sec breather so they can go again and sneak in that extra shift or two if you need them. I legit believe that Lindy is so conservative that he's terrified that he won't be able to challenge some obvious non-call or a blatant missed offsides that costs the team the game because he couldn't challenge it. It has to be some kind of thinking around that. 

Vanecek still a sore thumb that sticks out, defense looks beer league still. 

Honorable mentions in Lindy postgame: Nico-Meier-Bratter line good, Lazar good, Toffs good. I think Novo asked if he could have used a few more saves tonight and Lindy said he's always looking for more saves. LHughes clearly out of the doghouse after a rough game in Dallas and Ruff said he had a great bounceback game. Timo quote there was at the end. Longer than usual postgame and a lot of questions. 

Re:  the bolded, it wasn't that specifically, as much as it's just a general vibe that I get from him...I get the feeling he has a certain presence in that locker room, beyond his talents.  He seems to be one of those guys who has a way of raising his game and helping to rally his teammates...a guy who gets the absolute most out of his (somewhat limited) talent.  As we know, he was basically brought in to replace Miles Wood, and I think he's a much better fit...Wood was a big goofy dumb animal, and when interviewed came off as one.  Lazar is much more articulate, and I can see him speaking in a way that gets his teammates' attention, as he seems like a very bright guy...and as an added bonus, you rarely see him do the stupid sh!t that Wood would do on what felt an every-game basis.  And he's yet another player who made it clear that he's not using injuries as an excuse...if anything, it appears that the only party that's kinda-sorta pulled out the injury card is Ruff.

Tin foil hat theory coming, but I get the feeling Lazar is part of a bunch of players that know that Lindy is out of answers at the moment, and they're trying hard to figure out how to win games without the benefit of a system or a coach able to adjust to the opposition's gameplans and adjustments.  No, this is not ideal, neither short-term nor long.  But it's the card they've been dealt, and I think they're doing the best that they can with it.

As far as the result, I agree, great game...Devils had to come away with two points here.  But so much more of the same and it's just hard to feel good about THAT.  At least Genius finally figured out the potential benefit of calling a timeout.

Timo obviously didn't find the net, but he really looked good for much of the game.  Hopefully we see a lot more of that, and that he's feeling as good as he looked.  Devils need him.  

Saw this game late at night after getting home from cornhole.  What a friggin' FUN game haha

Fun that the Devs got the 2 points, but very exciting anyway even with the expected avalanche of goals against. 

At one point they had five dudes out there who weren't on the opening day roster lol

• Like 3