GDT: Kraken @ Devils - 7PM, 2/12

Nicomo

Just now, ButlerBulldog said:

At this rate, I fully expect him to move Nico to defenseman by the end of the week.  What the hell is the matter with him?

Well he has a wonky eye and is a pretty mediocre coach for starters.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Well he has a wonky eye and is a pretty mediocre coach for starters.

Dubious distinctions aside, I thought he had more sense than to play his best player out of position.  I can understand him wanting to protect Jack given his recent injury history, but there are more effective means of doing that than scrambling his lineup.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Dubious distinctions aside, I thought he had more sense than to play his best player out of position.  I can understand him wanting to protect Jack given his recent injury history, but there are more effective means of doing that than scrambling his lineup.

Jack has NEVER been good at wing. This is borderline sabotage at this point. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Hell he’s played Timo out of position all year, why not play the TWO highest paid forwards out of position. But Lindy is calm brah. He’s unflappable brah. Same coach he was ten years ago brah. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Which would seem to be a fireable offense.  The Devils have enough problems without the head coach undermining his players.

Unfortunately in Fitz’s eyes, nothing Lindy does constitutes a fireable offense.  I’m at such a loss to try to understand any of what’s happening with this team right now, as far as the decisions being made behind the bench are concerned.  Lindy is starting to remind me of MacLean as the Devils’ HC at this point. I think he’s now getting in the way to an equally destructive degree.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Unfortunately in Fitz’s eyes, nothing Lindy does constitutes a fireable offense.  I’m at such a loss to try to understand any of what’s happening with this team right now, as far as the decisions being made behind the bench are concerned.  Lindy is starting to remind me of MacLean as the Devils’ HC at this point. I think he’s now getting in the way to an equally destructive degree.

Fitz has prob punted the season. It's written off now. I have the feeling that the mindset within the org is that Lindy is getting goalied(which isn't untrue) and that the injuries have not set the team up for success this season anyway. No trades that could make a real difference made any sense so, at this point, they are going to ride it out and handle the personnel moves in the summer. Lindy would need to do some real egregious sh!t to get fired before the summer or the team will have to completely tank the rest of the season...and I will not be surprised if he is still behind the bench come October to give him one more shot with a healthy team.

This is the season from hell.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I would like to see Hatakka stay in the lineup and put Smith on the 4th line in Bastian’s place. 

Lindy has heard your request, and will give you Smith in place of Hatakka on defense. Hatakka will be sent back to Utica. Bastian will remain on the fourth line, and so will Holtz. Best he can do. 

IMG_7489.gif

• Haha 2
  • Angry 1

14 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Fitz has prob punted the season. It's written off now. I have the feeling that the mindset within the org is that Lindy is getting goalied(which isn't untrue) and that the injuries have not set the team up for success this season anyway. No trades that could make a real difference made any sense so, at this point, they are going to ride it out and handle the personnel moves in the summer. Lindy would need to do some real egregious sh!t to get fired before the summer or the team will have to completely tank the rest of the season...and I will not be surprised if he is still behind the bench come October to give him one more shot with a healthy team.

This is the season from hell.

The reports are that Fitz is thinking the opposite of that and that he wants to be aggressive. But we’ll see. 

Edited by MadDog2020

14 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Fitz has prob punted the season. It's written off now.

If they’re truly punting on the season then start shopping Toffoli now and get the best return possible. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

If they’re truly punting on the season then start shopping Toffoli now and get the best return possible. 

Devils might be able to get more for him than we think.  Prices seem to be high right now.

• Like 1