GDT: Kraken @ Devils - 7PM, 2/12

Nicomo

25 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

If they’re truly punting on the season then start shopping Toffoli now and get the best return possible. 

I wouldn’t cry if they tried to move Siegenthaler as well, although with his value being at an all-time low, he’d almost certainly have to be packaged with someone more desirable such as Toffoli, and/or the Devils would have pay a portion of his salary, which I don’t see Fitz doing.

Just now, ButlerBulldog said:

I wouldn’t cry if they tried to move Siegenthaler as well, although with his value being at an all-time low, he’d almost certainly have to be packaged with someone more desirable such as Toffoli, and/or the Devils would have pay a portion of his salary, which I don’t see Fitz doing.

Siegs is in the first year of his five-year extension.  Probably tough to move him, though his AAV isn’t bad at all.

• Like 1

Just now, ButlerBulldog said:

I’m not ready to move Siegs. He’s far from the only guy who had a bad season. And I think he’s more valuable to the Devils than whatever they’d get in return. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I’m not ready to move Siegs. He’s far from the only guy who had a bad season. And I think he’s more valuable to the Devils than whatever they’d get in return. 

Yeah right now the hope should be that some of these guys bounce back, and that a different head coach with a clear idea of a system will help a ton.

VV was a mostly average goalie the past three years and maybe he can get back to that, but he’s had such a rough season that I don’t know if he can do it here.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

The reports are that Fitz is thinking the opposite of that and that he wants to be aggressive. But we’ll see. 

I'm sure Fitz is still trying, but not much he can do unless he wants to get bent over and idk how much they truly think this season is worth betting the farm on(I know you don't agree 😉).

When you are close to these people and they are more than just names on paper you treat things differently. We call the season punted, Fitz calls it "answer is in the room". He's just betting on his people to right the ship.

• Like 1

I agree with not moving Siegs, his value is definitely depressed being injured and having a down year beforehand. I think losing Dougie really hurt him this year - those two pair perfectly together, like lamb and tuna fish. 

• Like 1

When the rookies gain more experience and are taking up harder minutes, Siegs will be asked to do less and will probably look much closer to the guy we all thought was really good last year.   As mentioned, hit cap is pretty nice.      

Edited by Lateralous
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

Fresh Prince Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Hard to get invested in this season now, Devils need to get on a run but there is no sign of life.

With 4 games this week we’ll likely know by Saturday night if the playoffs are at all realistic or not. They pretty much need to win 3 out of 4. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

With 4 games this week we’ll likely know by Saturday night if the playoffs are at all realistic or not. They pretty much need to win 3 out of 4. 

Which means they need to win tonight for sure, as their record in the second half of back-to-backs is abysmal.  I imagine they’ll be fired up to play on national TV this weekend, but I worry about the old man getting out-coached by Tortorella.

If they lose in regulation tonight, it just has to be the end for Lindy. Sure there have been injuries, and the goaltending has been awful. But this team has the personnel to be so much better. The defense needs to be better. The power play needs to produce. Fitz has said he doesn’t want this season to go to waste, and he isn’t addressing the goaltending problem. If he wants to salvage the season, something needs to change. Can’t keep doing the same thing, and expecting better results. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, nessus said:

If they lose in regulation tonight, it just has to be the end for Lindy. Sure there have been injuries, and the goaltending has been awful. But this team has the personnel to be so much better. The defense needs to be better. The power play needs to produce. Fitz has said he doesn’t want this season to go to waste, and he isn’t addressing the goaltending problem. If he wants to salvage the season, something needs to change. Can’t keep doing the same thing, and expecting better results. 

In general, I don't really disagree with anything you say here but over the last few games, I do think the defense has been much improved.   Vitek was good on Saturday but didn't exactly have to stand on his head in the 1-0 loss.  Calgary was all Vitek f'ing up and should have been 1 goal against at most and other than the Hughes turnover, we were as tight as can be expected against a really dangerous Avs team.   

Anyway, I will watch tonight with all the enthusiasm of heading in for a root canal.   LGD!    

• Like 1

Just now, Lateralous said:

In general, I don't really disagree with anything you say here but over the last few games, I do think the defense has been much improved.   Vitek was good on Saturday but didn't exactly have to stand on his head in the 1-0 loss.  Calgary was all Vitek f'ing up and should have been 1 goal against at most and other than the Hughes turnover, we were as tight as can be expected against a really dangerous Avs team.   

Anyway, I will watch tonight with all the enthusiasm of heading in for a root canal.   LGD!    

IIRC, that was Nico, not Jack, but I digress.

4 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

It was definitely Nico. Unless he’s talking about the play where Luke got rocked behind the net. But I still don’t think there’s much he could have done on that one. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

It was definitely Nico. Unless he’s talking about the play where Luke got rocked behind the net. But I still don’t think there’s much he could have done on that one. 

Sorry, two bad turnovers and yes, I was talking about Luke.   Jack didn't play that game but I probably shouldn't ever use their last name only.  Too confusing   

Edited by Lateralous
  • Like 1