2/22/2024 GDT: Rangers @ Devils, 7 pm - Win or Else

Colorado Rockies 1976

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Who’s been completely mediocre this season. :lol:

Well until the last two weeks anyway

Even middling Shesterkin from earlier this year would have had no problem holding us to one or two goals tonight though.

Edited by NJDevs4978

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Stunning how bad it’s gotten.  

Only in the aspect that after Saturday I didn't think it would get THIS bad THIS fast...but yeah this team was always headed for a fall.  Or at least they were headed for a fall unless our comatose GM actually TRIED to rock the boat.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

Just now, NJDevs4978 said:

Only in the aspect that after Saturday I didn't think it would get THIS bad THIS fast...but yeah this team was always headed for a fall.

That SS game feels like it was a month ago.  Whatever good feels came out of it…completely gone.

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

FIRE LINDY 👏👏👏👏👏

FIRE LINDY 👏👏👏👏👏

I’m all for Berube coming in for the rest of this season to get some time with this team ahead of next year (could that possibly hurt?), but doesn’t seem like Fitz is keen on him, for whatever his reasons.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, smelly said:

Firing Lindy now would be no different than the Giants firing Gettleman midseason. 

Absolutely no consequence to the outcome of the season, and nothing more than a pound of flesh for a frustrated fan base. 

You absolutely could get a staff in here that could at least develop the young players on the roster.

We're watching real-time regression for our future studs.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, smelly said:

Firing Lindy now would be no different than the Giants firing Gettleman midseason. 

Absolutely no consequence to the outcome of the season, and nothing more than a pound of flesh for a frustrated fan base. 

IMG_7537.gif

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I’m all for Berube coming in for the rest of this season to get some time with this team ahead of next year (could that possibly hurt?), but doesn’t seem like Fitz is keen on him, for whatever his reasons.

Joe the coffee guy never recommended Berube to him so he instead went for Pete Chrielli to coach

1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

You absolutely could get a staff in here that could at least develop the young players on the roster.

We're watching real-time regression for our future studs.

Exactly, the team isn’t marginally worse, they are bad.

• Angry 1

18 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yes it could hurt.  It’s not January. 

With playoffs all but certainly a lost cause, much better for the new guy to come in under calmer, saner circumstances where can make organization-wide evaluations without the complications and distractions of ultimately meaningless short term exercises (i.e, games) with a roster that is going to be substantially different. 

Pointless anyway. That’s what training camp is for. 

And right now only options are guys on the sidelines like Berube. Better pickings in the summer. If Nashville followed your advice they wouldn’t have Brunette. 

The best short term thing they could actually do isn’t a coaching change, a goalie trade or bringing a rental D.

The most productive thing would be to shut down the guys who need surgery and get it done immediately. I’m looking at you, Timo’s MCL. 

17 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

IMG_7537.gif

See: non sequitur. 

Edited by smelly

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Do you need both? I wasn’t sure what you meant. Both? One? Or was it both and one? Or both? Please clarify. 

That attempt at a joke is only funny if it’s obvious. 

But it certainly wasn’t obvious to the guy I was responding to. 

down, boy. 

Edited by smelly