GDT: 3/3/2024 Devils @ Kings, 3 pm, TNT

11 minutes ago, Bonginator11 said:

Wow Timo scores 15 seconds in. They actually scored first

Would be great to see Timo finish out this season on a strong note.  Maybe that carries over to next year.

Just now, smelly said:

Lindy obviously responsible for Daws’ piss poor blocker today. 

Chico: “That was a stoppable goal. Have to have that one.”

Boucher was all over Daws on that one too.

• Like 1

Just now, smelly said:

Lindy obviously responsible for Daws’ piss poor blocker today. 

Chico: “That was a stoppable goal. Have to have that one.”

He should've gave daws a game off today. Schmid hasn't been great, but daws has been playing an awful lot. And it's looking like he could use a break

• Like 1

I guess the Devils sold their souls to the Devil, so to speak….

because they can’t find a competent goalie since Marty was backstopping this team for 70+ games for 20 seasons, basically.

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Boucher was all over Daws on that one too.

It is indisputable that:

1. The Devils goaltending is horrible and is by far the biggest reason for their failure this year. Not only does it cost them goals, games and points, it utterly demoralizes the team night in and night out. 

2. Anyone who thought it was reasonable to head into this season with this set of goalies has been exposed as completely, utterly and unequivocally wrong. 

Chico and Matt STILL talking about how horrible a fail that one was for Daws. 

Chico also dropped that he doesn’t expect Toffoli to be re-signed.  Matt acknowledged he could very well be moved soon. 

Edited by smelly

Just now, njbuff said:

I guess the Devils sold their souls to the Devil, so to speak….

because they can’t find a competent goalie since Marty was backstopping this team for 70+ games for 20 seasons, basically.

They had three years of in-his-prime Cory and got a good year out of VV last season, but yeah, outside of Blackwood initially showing some promise, been slim pickins.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smelly said:

It is indisputable that:

1. The Devils goaltending is horrible and is by far the biggest reason for their failure this year. Not only does it cost them goals, games and pointed, it utterly demoralizes the team night in and night out. 

2. Anyone who thought it was reasonable to head into this season with this set of goalies has been exposed as completely, utterly and unequivocally wrong. 

Count me amongst the ones who was utterly wrong.

I thought the goaltending would be good enough to get by.

I was OBVIOUSLY wrong.

4 minutes ago, Oglethorpe13 said:

He should've gave daws a game off today. Schmid hasn't been great, but daws has been playing an awful lot. And it's looking like he could use a break

This. Ruff is running Daws into the ground. Not saying Schmid would make a difference but at least let Daws have a break. Pretty sure he’s never played this many games in a row in his life

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Bonginator11 said:

This. Ruff is running Daws into the ground. Not saying Schmid would make a difference but at least let Daws have a break. Pretty sure he’s never played this many games in a row in his life

This year’s Devils have definitely not done much to give these guys any consistent chance to succeed.  Not to say that the goalies are blameless of course.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

This year’s Devils have definitely not done much to give these guys any consistent chance to succeed.  Not to say that the goalies are blameless of course.

Yup, that’s what it is. 

You were wrong. It’s ok. I wish I were the one who was. No reason to deny the obvious though. 

Edited by smelly

8 minutes ago, Oglethorpe13 said:

Lindy and his job security is holding us hostage, he doesn’t care about running Nico into the ground…gotta play the guy with the best chance to win today