GDT: 3/3/2024 Devils @ Kings, 3 pm, TNT

1 minute ago, Puckbuster said:

No way I make that trade.  Markstrom is a great backup, that’s it.

Disagree completely. 

But in any event a great backup would be the clear number one in NJ. 

It won't matter if Markstrom is in net. Behind this defense of Siegenthaler, Marino, Bahl, Smith, Nemec, and Luke, he will still get smoked. 

I wish they'd move Siegenthaler honestly. I don't care if he's cheap.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, smelly said:

Disagree completely. 

But in any event a great backup would be the clear number one in NJ. 

I will not make a difference, especially this late in the season.  They lose today, Devils have to win 17 of 22 games.  It’s over.

Just now, slasher72 said:

It won't matter if Markstrom is in net. Behind this defense of Siegenthaler, Marino, Bahl, Smith, Nemec, and Luke, he will still get smoked. 

I wish they'd move Siegenthaler honestly. I don't care if he's cheap.

That’s exactly why it was malpractice heading into this season with these goalies. 

It was as clear as day that their D was going to take a step back. 

But everyone got bamboozled by four months of acceptable play by VV in front of a defense that wasn’t going to be around anymore. 

Truly mind-boggling.

• Like 1

Just now, Puckbuster said:

I will not make a difference, especially this late in the season.  They lose today, Devils have to win 17 of 22 games.  It’s over.

It’s not about this year. 

They will miss the playoffs clearly. 

But they will still be in goalie hell and need to go buy one. Start now. 

Calgary isn't stupid. They're going to fleece the hell out of Fitz. Our first-rounder + Mercer + Holtz + Casey should be their ask. Fitz will be so desperate that he'd probably cave in on that trade. 

Again, he needs a starting goalie right now to save both his ass and Lindy's ass next season.

Edited by slasher72

1 minute ago, Oglethorpe13 said:

And the only one not afraid to shoot is Holtz...

Poor kid. We’re wasting his talent on that sh!tty 4th line with a defencemen playing as a foward lol

Just now, slasher72 said:

Calgary isn't stupid. They're going to fleece the hell out of Fitz. Our first-rounder + Mercer + Holtz + Casey should be their ask. Fitz will be so desperate that he'd probably cave in on that trade. 

And waiting until summer isn’t going to make the problem magically go away, or the price of solving it any cheaper. It will only cost more. 

Just now, smelly said:

And waiting until summer isn’t going to make the problem magically go away, or the price of solving it any cheaper. It will only cost more. 

Yep I agree. I proposed that trade only half jokingly. If I'm Calgary I would go for it just to see if Fitz buckles. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, slasher72 said:

We're going to have to pay a hefty price whether it's Swayman or Markstrom or Saros. But it must be paid. Is it a risk? Yes. But look at the risk we took going with Schmid and Vanacek. No playoff gate for our private equity owners. 

Markstrom isn't worth a first, let alone Mercer and Holtz. You guys need to relax a bit on this. We need a goalie, yes, but not at the expense of shipping off Mercer, Holtz, and Casey.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

We're going to have to pay a hefty price whether it's Swayman or Markstrom or Saros. But it must be paid. Is it a risk? Yes. But look at the risk we took going with Schmid and Vanacek. No playoff gate for our private equity owners. 

Yup. Let’s put it this way - I don’t think signing Mercer this summer is going to be Fitz’s problem. 

3 minutes ago, Mitico12 said:

Markstrom isn't worth a first, let alone Mercer and Holtz. You guys need to relax a bit on this. We need a goalie, yes, but not at the expense of shipping off Mercer, Holtz, and Casey.

That’s what it’s going to cost, some combo of them. 

The league has Fitz bent over on this one, and the only way out is a trade, whether for Markström or someone else.

There are literally no plausible internal or FA options. 

Edited by smelly

24 minutes ago, Puckbuster said:

No way I make that trade.  Markstrom is a great backup, that’s it.

Not for nothing, on that scale where does every joker to put the pads on for us this season fit?  Imma be kind and go with whatever is below beer league.

Edited by titans04

This team is going to see significant changes in order to get a goalie. A lot of promising young talent is going to be headed the other way, and probably our first rounder....the price you pay for being unable to draft and coach a goalie of your own. Rogalski sucks, yet he will keep his job because of Marty. Lindy's shelf life has expired, but he'll probably keep his because of injuries. And our defense won't change much either. Siegs and company will still be back, and will be putrid. 

The organization is in trouble.