Toffoli to WPG Jets for a 2025 second-round pick and a 2024 third-round pick. Retained Half Salary

2 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

We’ve learned something else about Fitz this morning.  When he’s desperate, he panics.  It’s likely the Devils and Toffoli’s camp were far apart on an extension, so rather than risk losing Tyler for nothing, he traded him—something many of us, myself included, wanted—but because he was so desperate to find a taker, he took whatever he was offered in return instead of holding out for a higher pick.

In other words, he failed miserably.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I mean it's really reaching now or never, especially with Tyler gone now. 

Yep - even if Fitz's mind is already made up, at least give him showcase time ahead of becoming summer trade bait.

Edited by nmigliore
  • Like 2

Jeez some of you are in a doom spiral. It's not the return anyone hoped , but the market is the market. You can't force people to trade with you.

At the end of the day they are assets for a player you have no guarantee will be with you in 3 months time. And give what has been rumoured about the desired term, that might not be a bad thing.

And even with that there is still a chance Fitz can reach out an get something done in the summer. Toffoli is going to Winnipeg, there is little chance he wants to stay!!!

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9

3 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

We’ve learned something else about Fitz this morning.  When he’s desperate, he panics.  It’s likely the Devils and Toffoli’s camp were far apart on an extension, so rather than risk losing Tyler for nothing, he traded him—something many of us, myself included, wanted—but because he was so desperate to find a taker, he took whatever he was offered in return instead of holding out for a higher pick.

This is 100 percent inaccurate. 

He retains HALF THE MONEY and doesn’t get a premium for that? This motherfvcker is on my last nerve. If we don’t have a real goaltender by 3:00, fire this fvcktard. A real goalie too, not some sh!tbag like Allen.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2

Just now, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Jeez some of you are in a doom spiral. It's not the return anyone hoped , but the market is the market. You can't force people to trade with you.

At the end of the day they are assets for a player you have no guarantee will be with you in 3 months time. And give what fmhas been rumoured about the desired term, that might not be a bad thing.

And even with that there is still a chance Fitz can reach out an get something done in the summer. Toffoli is going to Winnipeg, there is little chance he wants to stay!!!

I'm 100% in the doom and gloom pit with this team. Everything about this team has really soured me this season. The 9% increase on my tickets has really thrown me off the ledge especially with the product that's being put on the ice. 

• Like 3

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

In other words, he failed miserably.

Worse than that, perhaps.  The Devils are retaining 50% of what Toffoli’s owed for the remainder of his deal.  Fitz could not have botched anymore than he has.

1 minute ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

At the end of the day they are assets for a player you have no guarantee will be with you in 3 months time. And give what fmhas been rumoured about the desired term, that might not be a bad thing.

You know that’s what a lot of people say about Jersey.

”why would anyone want to stay?”

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'm 100% in the doom and gloom pit with this team. Everything about this team has really soured me this season. The 9% increase on my tickets has really thrown me off the ledge especially with the product that's being put on the ice. 

Dude- DON’T RENEW then. Send a message. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Then keep him and actually try to sneak in the playoffs

3 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Worse than that, perhaps.  The Devils are retaining 50% of what Toffoli’s owed for the remainder of his deal.  Fitz could not have botched anymore than he has.

I’ve lost lot of faith. A LOT.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Dude- DON’T RENEW then. Send a message. 

I already used way too many buybacks not to renew and besides all the complaining I have about it I still enjoy the people around me at games. Just means I'm gonna offload more games than I normally would.

But yeah since the Devils love to retain salary they should retain 8% of the 9% increase on season tickets

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

Just now, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I guess Fitz doesn’t care about doing his job well now that he has an extension.  He’d better get the coaching hire right and find a way to land a proven net minder who’s not two years away from retirement.

• Like 1