GDT: 03-26-2024 Devils @ Leafs 7:30PM EST ESPN+

Rock

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Glad they won.

FFS they’ve gotta stop looking so damned disheveled in their own end.

2 rookies and the idiot smith will make you look like that

in 2 years nemec and luke will be monsters back there

Edited by Devils01
  • Like 2

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Glad they won.

FFS they’ve gotta stop looking so damned disheveled in their own end.

Yeah, even if the proverbial hockey stars SOMEHOW align and they sneak into the playoffs, their recent play - even in wins - just screams "first round exit"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Devils01 said:

2 rookies and the idiot smith will make you look like that

At least Luke and Nemec actually try to defend, which is why they usually get scored on.  Smith and bAHL are always two steps behind the play.  On that Matthews goal where Nemec got stiff-armed, Smith was standing and watching the entire sequence.

Edited by ButlerBulldog

At this point the team to focus on is the Flyers.  The Devils are 6 points back of them but with the same number of games played.  Caps up 5 but have two games in hand.

• Like 5

At this point the team to focus on is the Flyers.  The Devils are 6 points back of them but with the same number of games played.  Caps up 5 but have two games in hand.

Flyers just refuse to go away. Torts won’t allow it. I like Washington’s chances of folding down the stretch better. 

• Like 2

I’m glad the Devils won this one while the Leafs were missing Marner and Reilly.  I’m not optimistic about what might happen when they go back to Toronto in April, but first thing’s first: they need to be sure that game actually matters.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

At least Luke and Nemec actually try to defend, which is why they usually get scored on.  Smith and bAHL are always two steps behind the play.  On that Matthews goal where Nemec got stiff-armed, Smith was standing and watching the entire sequence.

Yep never said otherwise

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Caps will choke

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

Flyers just refuse to go away. Torts won’t allow it. I like Washington’s chances of folding down the stretch better. 

Yup, I also think it's too late for us. It looks like Flyers and Caps will be there. Even if they go on a bit of a losing streak, our upcoming schedule is too tough.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

I’m glad the Devils won this one while the Leafs were missing Marner and Reilly.  I’m not optimistic about what might happen when they go back to Toronto in April, but first thing’s first: they need to be sure that game actually matters.

At least the Devils have a game left against the Flyers too…of course being how late that game comes in the season, it may not matter by then.  

1 minute ago, Devs64 said:

Yup, I also think it's too late for us. It looks like Flyers and Caps will be there. Even if they go on a bit of a losing streak, our upcoming schedule is too tough.

Yeah it’s still a big-time long shot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Devs64 said:

The upcoming games versus Buffalo and Pittsburgh are definitely winnable, but I worry about the games against the Rangers, Predators, and Leafs (x2).  The Devils also have the Flyers in Philly the last weekend of the season.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Devs64 said:

Nah anything can happen

• Like 4

Isles, Pens, Caps, Wings and Flyers ALL in action on Thurs…and none of them are playing each other.  Same ol drill…hope for a fvckton of help.

• Like 5
  • EvilHeart 1

20 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Yeah, even if the proverbial hockey stars SOMEHOW align and they sneak into the playoffs, their recent play - even in wins - just screams "first round exit"

Not if they are playing the Rangers!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Oglethorpe13 said:

I'm more concerned about the games that the devils should be winning. With how they've played against "lesser" teams this season, I'd almost rather play the playoff bound teams at this point.

Most of their remaining games are against playoff teams (or teams in playoff contention), so there’s that.

• Like 1

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

I think best case is they manage to miss by 1 or 2 wins and we sit here pointing at the likely 10+ opportunities they thew away.

Yup.  Caps (x2), Kings (x2), Coyotes (x2), Ducks (x2), Hurricanes, Blue Jackets, and Sharks.

28 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Yup.  Caps (x2), Kings (x2), Coyotes (x2), Ducks (x2), Hurricanes, Blue Jackets, and Sharks.

I’d highlight the caps, coyotes who?,ducks, sharks, and blue jackets out of that

Edited by Devils01

5 minutes ago, Devils01 said:

I’d highlight the caps, coyotes who?,ducks, sharks, and blue jackets out of that

For sure, but it would have been nice to steal home wins against the Canes and Kings.  Why the Devils have had so much trouble at the Rock this year is something I don’t understand.